New Firmware for IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V2.800.0000013.0.R.191202.zip

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
All around best method has been found to:
1-Prior to update, do a FACTORY default.
2-Do update.
3-After update, do a factory default again.
Yes this sets everything back to zero including the IP.
Best practice with firmware updates....If it's not broke, don't fix it.

Infernoken

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I have the following camera: IPC-HDW4831EM-ASE

It currently has an NTP time bug and would like to try and update the firmware and see if this fixes the issues...
Update via the camera tells me there is no update available, but the version is quite old (2017-11-10)

Can I update my camera with the version attached to this tread???

Also see the picture:

1579892128718.png

Infernoken

n3wb
Reaction score
No, but as it does mention IPC-HDW4XXX-ASE I assume it should be...
But want to have some confirmation before I brick my camera.

Dramus

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
But you don't see "IPC-4XXXEM-ASE".

They're into the Chinese New Year now. I doubt you'll get an answer before about the 1st of February or so.

1.21 jiggawatts!

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

i have two IPC-HDW4831EM-ASE and i use the same firmware for the IPC-HDW5231RP-ZE. no problems. i use time.windows.com as my NTP server. i find using internet explorer to change apply settings is the least buggy route. default the cam, reboot the cam, upgrade firmware, defualt again, apply your settings and save.

Infernoken

n3wb
Reaction score
Did the update for my IPC-HDW4831EM-ASE ...

Time bug with the NTP server does not seem to come back for now! Fingers crossed!

mcolina1

n3wb
Reaction score
For anyone curious, confirmed this works on the LaView Saturn 4K turret. Don’t know if I had to, but I factory defaulted from within web interface, installed update, then factory defaulted again. So far so good!

cam26

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So, if I have never upgraded the firmware since I purchased my 5231-ZE's in from Andy 2018, should I bother if nothing is broken and working fine?

The only things I believe I'd want from the update are Dahua's stock day/night automatic functionality (I use BP2008's sunrise/sunset service currently) and the security updates (if they're even necessary- my cams are isolated on my network).

Really don't want to have to put a lot of time into upgrading if it's going to be a headache or potentially damaging.

@fenderman
@1.21 jiggawatts!

Last edited:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
So, if I have never upgraded the firmware since I purchased my 5231-ZE's in from Andy 2018, should I bother if nothing is broken and working fine?

The only things I believe I'd want from the update are Dahua's stock day/night automatic functionality (I use BP2008's sunrise/sunset service currently) and the security updates (if they're even necessary- my cams are isolated on my network).

Really don't want to have to put a lot of time into upgrading if it's going to be a headache or potentially damaging.

@fenderman
@1.21 jiggawatts!
no problem to use this one to update it.

brundon

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to get live stream to work in Chrome in just spins around forever on this firmware?

marigo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can try clearing the cache of Chrome browser?

I have Chrome version 80.0.3987.106 en the V2.800.0000013.0.R.191202 version of the firmware and Chrome is working as aspected.
Mayeb you can try another browser like firefox to see if it works?

marigo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Guys,

Where is the "interval" setting under "Network" -> "SMTP"?
With this new firmware this option not available anymore. :(

@EMPIRETECANDY , could you check with your relation @ Dahua? (thx)

Dramus

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What I'm wondering is just what "security vulnerabilities" this update addresses and what, if any, other bugs, enhancements, etc. it addresses? There's a note in the OP reading "please check the Release Note," but nowhere any reference to where said release notes may be found. My cams all talk only on the LAN. They're blocked from the 'net at my border router. Eventually they'll be isolated even on the LAN, via a VLAN. So a vague "security vulnerabilities" thing doesn't move me much. Plus I subscribe to the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" school of thought.

marigo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'll guess you are right about this. The camera was just fine, but the only thing I wanted to fix is not to make use of the plugin you need in the IE browser.
Well, that is working now, but the update also broke someting like the "interval" function which I use in my setup.

I can always revert to the old firmware. :cool:

blbla

n3wb
Reaction score
Be aware, in case the sd card in the camera is broken, the camera runs into a boot-loop.
Old firmware (180523) just ignored broken sd cards

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Upgraded 8 cameras with no issues. Exported settings->Made Default->Upgraded Firmware->Imported Settings.

camkeke

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone else had their SD card stop being recognized? With a HDW-4231 this is happening to me after the upgrade. All cameras are using legit/genuine Samsung Evo Select cards.

camkeke

n3wb
Reaction score
I can confirm the boot loop, and there is no way to figure out what is wrong with the card. Note that it worked just fine before with the older fw. All I did was issue a reformat after upgrading.

Dramus

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This is why I'm always reluctant to upgrade w/o good reason. Since there seems to be ZERO information forthcoming as to why this upgrade is necessary or beneficial, I'll forgo the exercise.