New Firmware - Hikvision I-series NVR - Version 4.40.010

venturis

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
New firmware out on the Hikvision US and RU sites and possibly others for the I-series NVR's dated 2020/04/30. Version is 4.40.010 up from 4.22.005.

No release notes available at this time.

Installed successfully on my 7608NI/I2-8P using the web interface.

Not able to make out any notable changes from the previous firmware on either the web or local interfaces.

Paul Arthur

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
DO NOT UPDATE, it's rebooting randomly all the time

about to reset to to defaults and see if it fixs it up

venturis

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I didn't have any such problem. Rock solid here.

Its a little premature to call the update a dud, isn't it?

Paul Arthur

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
trying to work out what's messing it around two cams were outdated firmware just checking if it's that just update both

venturis

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'd say spontaneous and random reboots was a power issue rather than firmware but if it all started with the firmware update then I suppose that rules power out somewhat.

Paul Arthur

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
it's on UPS, and the network switch is all on that side also so not getting any blackouts on that side by the looks as I also checked there logs

I'd say spontaneous and random reboots was a power issue rather than firmware but if it all started with the firmware update then I suppose that rules power out somewhat.

venturis

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My next guess would be internal power supply issues....I'd first pull the top off the NVR and check all the connectors are properly seated. If nothing obvious is found there then I'd be rolling back the firmware to check if the problem still persists. Which, if it does, seems to point to a pre-existing hardware problem.

Paul Arthur

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i've now reset the nvr to factory default I will update all once back online!!! hope this fixs the problem!!!!!

Paul Arthur

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
still doing it once i touch the line crossing events

i'm now going to roll back nvr and see if that fixs it
i've also looked at the logs it seems it's running very low on memory only got 12mb left

also the Motherboard temperature: 127 :O i'm not sure if thats fine?
-_-

just before it shuts down
System status: 10 User: 4% Sys: 0% Iowait: 0% Soft: 4% Idle: 92% Total memory: 1130.45MB Free memory: 12.26MB Buffer: 585.92MB Cached: 343.25MB Main output: HDMI(2) Main output status: 11 Main output screen-division: 0 Enable main output screensaver: 1 Aux output: VGA(3) Aux output status: 0 Aux output screen-division: 0 Enable Aux output screensaver: 1 Current output: 2 Motherboard temperature: 127 DSP status: CPU Temperature: 0 :Flash write frequency: 0

think i've just found the problem!!!! seems like it was the hikvision doorbell!!!

Last edited:

venturis

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sounds very odd. I've checked my NVR logs again since installing firmware 4.40.010 almost a week ago but don't see indications of crashes or spontaneous reboots....everything looks normal.

Rolling back the firmware to 4.22.005 will soon reveal if your problems are related to the update.

Paul Arthur

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
so rolled back so far fine, will keep all updated :)

Sounds very odd. I've checked my NVR logs again since installing firmware 4.40.010 almost a week ago but don't see indications of crashes or spontaneous reboots....everything looks normal.

Rolling back the firmware to 4.22.005 will soon reveal if your problems are related to the update.

Paul Arthur

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Updated since going back to V4.22.005 build 191208 all has been very well! no crash or anything rock solid

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I wish I saw this before I updated... I just installed V4.40.010 yesterday and im having the same issue. I get a reboot every 10-15 min. it stopped once all the cameras were in night mode. then started up again 4 hours after sunrise today. I have disabled all events, and smart events. no change. keeps rebooting. I have a generic I series, and Hikvision hasn't released .015 to the ftp site yet which is how I ended up with .010 (that's the newest available in the folder for generic) ill send my contact an email tomorrow and see if I can get a copy of .015

Paul Arthur

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
going back to V4.22.005 build 191208
Hikvision is crap!!!!!
can't play back in hik connect in alarm input ch's