New From Dahua 4x2MP IR Dome Network Camera - IPC-PDBW5831P-B360-E4

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Will this have four streams (1 for each lense) from one Ethernet cable?

I have the perfect place inside the house for this, and was planning on putting the dual-fixed lense mini wedge, but this would be much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
It would be handy to have a four-camera array for a lot of spaces. I'd love to see a quad camera unit with these exact cameras, but set up for outdoor use (not a dome), and with the cameras all in a row to cover a wide area with high resolution over about 180 degrees horizontally.

A quad eyeball array, if you will! But without a dome, it makes it hard to have independently aimable cameras in a single weather tight enclosure, and that defeats the purpose of having a single PCB, processor, and single ethernet connection. So for what I want, I may always be stuck with a row of separate cameras.

Still it's neat to see this one, and I really like that it is starlight and has the varifocal lenses. Just put them in a row and make the dome out of sapphire for me! ;)

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Unfortunately, due to the size, I can’t use this in the intended location without incurring the wrath of Mrs. giomania

That said, I think the garage interior is a perfect candidate location. I would be willing to review it, @EMPIRETECANDY

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro