New Guy From AZ

Mike46052

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey there...been lurking for awhile and reading lots of old post and reading thru alot of the more known member previous post to research. I've slowly started reading the wiki as well. I was brought here due to hearing about Dahua and Hikvision cams and how good they are compared to most others like reolink,wyze and so on.

i actually just saw a video on youtube by Willie Howe stating that Dahua and HikVision are banned now.
ive been considering reaching out to andy here in a few week once i got my funds to get a few cams 4-8.

What does this ban mean for us now? are we now unable to order from andy? also i know these brands OEM for a ton of companies are these cameras all banned as well. Ive seen IPVM has some articles on the matter but since im not a paying member i cant read up on any of it.

Any further insight or direction on how we can now go about getting dahua cams would be greatly appreciated.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey there...been lurking for awhile and reading lots of old post and reading thru alot of the more known member previous post to research. I've slowly started reading the wiki as well. I was brought here due to hearing about Dahua and Hikvision cams and how good they are compared to most others like reolink,wyze and so on.

i actually just saw a video on youtube by Willie Howe stating that Dahua and HikVision are banned now.
ive been considering reaching out to andy here in a few week once i got my funds to get a few cams 4-8.

What does this ban mean for us now? are we now unable to order from andy? also i know these brands OEM for a ton of companies are these cameras all banned as well. Ive seen IPVM has some articles on the matter but since im not a paying member i cant read up on any of it.

Any further insight or direction on how we can now go about getting dahua cams would be greatly appreciated.
They are not banned.. they are simply banned from government and certain secure facilities...the ban should have included every China camera....the ban is silly as every camera should not be given internet access as none are secure.

Mike46052

n3wb
Reaction score
They are not banned.. they are simply banned from government and certain secure facilities...the ban should have included every China camera....the ban is silly as every camera should not be given internet access as none are secure.
ok whew! I kind of assumed that it was only with Government/high security operations but wanted to make sure! Ive loved what ive seen from these Dahuas and Hikvision cameras. I cant wait to get my system built up, just have to save up some funds.

Do you think its best to slowly build out a system 1 cam at a time, or go all out and get a plan idea and buy everything at once.

Currently i use some Wyze Cams which are garbage but i just recently moved and for the price and peace of mind for my wife she can now see outside.

I cant wait to replace these with some good starlight turrets and a few varifocal bullets for good plate reading ability. possibly adding 1-2 PTZ x25 to the mix as well.

This forum has made me learn and realize alot! Glad to be here and hope to learn more and help others!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
ok whew! I kind of assumed that it was only with Government/high security operations but wanted to make sure! Ive loved what ive seen from these Dahuas and Hikvision cameras. I cant wait to get my system built up, just have to save up some funds.

Do you think its best to slowly build out a system 1 cam at a time, or go all out and get a plan idea and buy everything at once.

Currently i use some Wyze Cams which are garbage but i just recently moved and for the price and peace of mind for my wife she can now see outside.

I cant wait to replace these with some good starlight turrets and a few varifocal bullets for good plate reading ability. possibly adding 1-2 PTZ x25 to the mix as well.

This forum has made me learn and realize alot! Glad to be here and hope to learn more and help others!
nothing wrong with buying it one at a time...