New guy here

woodsman

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello from Ohio.

First off, thanks to everyone that shares their knowledge on here. I have been reading for a while and your input is greatly appreciated.

I am an EE so I do have a technical background. But, my network experience is limited to operating a basic home network.

I am just getting started with an IP cam setup for my house. Just to get my feet wet I bought an 8 port POE switch and a Dahua IPC-HDW4431C-A to play around with. Bought them yesterday and they should be here this week. I plan to add more cameras and an NVR eventually.

I bought the camera off of Amazon and it says it's the "International Version". I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not lol. It was only $85 so if it turns out to be a bust I'm not out much. When I figure out what I want for an NVR and more cameras I will buy from one of the vendors recommended on here.

Thanks again for sharing your knowledge!

woodsman

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome guys.

What are the implications of buying the "International Version" of a Dahua camera? Does that mean I can't upgrade the firmware if needed? Are the ones you buy from Andy on Aliexpress the International version or a US version?