New guy looking to upgrade from the junk

ccattie

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello Folks,
I have been reading the stickies and the cliffs notes for a while to prevent from asking the same stuff that gets asked all the time. I'm sure I'll still do it, but I'm really trying to read up before asking :) A little about me. I have a mix of Foscam and FDT cams around the house. They work well for all I need / want. I live out the country so I have no issue with using WiFi for pretty much everything. Between the isolation and the dogs somebody has to be really determined to kill me. I read about the Annke I61DR HikVision clones in the cliffs notes (and referenced thread) and they look be be a great upgrade from the current cams. The only downside is they are not PTZ which is always a nice feature. I picked up 4 of them though to try out in the bedrooms. My plan is to install cams in every room in my house and a few more for looking outside. I'm not interested in serious security or any of that. I use the cams to watch the kids playing or find out why one kid is yelling at the other. I currently just look at Tinycam on demand and have never done any automated recording. I like the idea of using a PC as an NVR. I didn't even know that was possible until reading up on it here. So bear with me folks if I ask some stupid stuff. I promise I won't do it out of laziness. Looking forward to learning more and hopefully being able to contribute as well.

thanks,
-c

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, enjoy the forum and the new cameras.