New here! Hikvision advice needed!

cupraz

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

New to this forum and IP cameras generally.

Had a hikvision DS-2CD2132F-IS 4mm for over a year now all working fine.

Managed to get set up properly picture was showing perfect on the web browser but in IVMS I couldn't get live view to work, did some googling found out that others were having issues with the current IVMS software and firmware 5.2.8 141231 so I begun the 2 step firmware update.

This is where it all went wrong it said the first update was successful, I left everything running for a few hours but when trying to connect or ping the cam I got nothing. So I'm assuming it's bricked.

I've now tried to attempt the 5.2.5 firmware revision with the TFTP transfer tool but I never get any further than initiilzing... when trying to telnet into the cam it tells me username and password are wrong even though a hard reset has been performed.

Clutching at straws now if anyone could help?

Many thanks.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
If you are actually getting a response when trying a telnet connection to the camera, it could be running in the 'min-system' recovery mode that's entered when invalid firmware has been loaded. This is a basic kernel with no web services.
At the telnet prompt, use root for username, 12345 for password.
Worth checking also, to get more info on the status, is to see what SADP makes of the camera, if at all. Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd.
If it sees it - check the firmware version and the serial number - if it's 'min-system' and 4.0.8 it's still working but needs the right firmware.