New Hikvision Acusense NVR or DeepInView NVR?

dimo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You will not see it as an error code.
You must look here >

BS.JPG

I-series (NI-I), is not Acu Sense NVR.
It is NXI-I for Acu Sence (at least in Europe).

Latest Eu (non UK) firmware for 1st generation (not B and C) is here

ralphmouth

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Not sure what your complete model number is but I ran into this.

DS-7716NXI-I4/16P/S

Firmware_V4.60.105_220118
V4.60.105 A8 AcuSense NVR release note.pdf
Applied to:
DS-7716NXI-I4/16P/S(C)

dimo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
We are talking about Hikvision here. It it never that easy with them!!!!!!! :banghead::banghead:

There are 3 generations Acu Sence NVR's for Europe. Only 1st and 3rd are sold in the United States.
They have different firmware versions, even if they have the same product name (Viva la Hikvision!!!!!!!)

Second and third in Europe have a B (for 2nd generation) and C (for 3rd generation) next to, f.e. DS-7716NXI-I4/16P/S.

In United States I don't see any letter next to the product name so you must carefully check the firmware name before you upgrade.

EU ACS.JPG

U.S. ACS.JPG

lewic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hikvision's cameras are getting more confusing lately. What use to be cameras labeled as Acusense before meaning they have the AI algorithms to differentiate between human/vehicles. If you look at the new cameras that have come out.... What use to be a basic camera now comes with "Motion Detection 2.0" which gives those camera the human/vehicle detection also. I would say that the Acusense cameras would have active deterrence features that the standard MD 2.0 cameras will not have. Noticed some issues with MD 2.0 cameras in my testing. Some have has issues if you turn on MD and VCA at the same time. Also the MD 2.0 cameras will still be showing/recording all motion detection but will just be able to filter out certain human/vehicles in the playback menu. Doesn't seem to just record anything with just the human/vehicles.

lewic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry for my confusion and thanks for the education. Appreciate that.

Looking at mine which is as listed a K1 firmware and if so, you may try this link and look at last page in the releasee notes PDF.
Seems like you have a standard I-series NVR and not the Acusense which would be the NXI. I-series does not have any AI processing in it. It will have VCA which is the advanced detections like line crossing or intrusion. If you were wanting the human/vehicle detection or any of the more advanced algorithms then you will need to get the cameras that has the AI processing built in. This way the camera will do the filtering and then sends the results to the NVR.

ralphmouth

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You are absolutely correct. For the last three years I thought I had an Acusense model, but I exported the info from SAP and I do I NOT have the NXI model. Thanks for clearing that up for me. One thing good is that the four cameras I have attached are Acusense models.

Thanks again for hanging with me and guiding me in the right direction.