New Hikvision Acusense NVR or DeepInView NVR?

GLO

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes. You can specify which ones to use the NVR's onboard AI. Example of this would be when you log into your Hikvision NVR and under "Events" there is a box to check for "Enable Dynamic Analysis". That is the same concept. Click on it to use the onboard AI. Unchecked then it won't. If you have Acusense cameras then you would set AI up on the camera and on the NVR side, make sure AI is not checked.
Thanks again.

Can you guys sanity check this please.

HikVision Acusence NVR: (house is wired up for 8 locations but thinking whether its worthwhile to get the 16 cam version)
1. Bullet under eave of 2nd floor, (12.mm 6MP or 8MP ) covering street approach and full front yard. Prominent downward angle. Would be nice to see Lic Plates of approaching/departing cars etc)
2. Above Garage 2.8mm Acusense DS-2CD2346G1-I/SL: 4 MP IR Fixed Turret Network Camera to strobe and give audible warning when trespass boundary line.
3. Front Door Camera, wide angle with 2 way Audio
4. Garage side of house, 30m long narrow run. (which camera) probably 4mm
5. Pool side of house. 25m run, probably 4mm or 6mm.
6. back yard 2.8mm to cover 26m back fence line. (possibly Acusense with Strobe and Audible warning)
7. inside garage. probably 2.8mm or 4mm.
8. Kitchen/family room looking out to backyard which is all glass. either 2.8mm or 4mm.

Any tweaks to this config and do you have some camera recommendations.

Thanks in advance.

lewic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Acusense NVR 8 vs 16... Keep in mind that either one you get.... Only 4 channels AI when connecting to regular cameras. It is great to get the 16 to "futureproof" your setup. Bullet on the second floor is good to get a general overview of what is happening. Would recommend some cameras set up on the first floor to get the "details". Maybe set up 2nd floor camera on a trigger channel to activate certain first floor cameras to get a better look. On the license plate camera.... LPR's will need to be at least 5 feet off the ground but the angle cannot exceed 30 degrees. If you were wanting the camera mounted on the second floor eave then that probably would not work out well. For camera suggestions.... How about some ColorVu's? Being able to see color at night combined with the AI from the NVR sounds like a sure win. ColorVu's come with built in LED which if you do not want does not have to be turned on. If LED is used, it will be able to reach 98 ft. Does not need much light to see clearly though.

GLO

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks Lewis,

I do like the ColorVu's and forgot t mention that there is some Street Lighting opposite my house, so ColourVu's would probably look like daylight images.

Would front yard sensor lights (not flood lights) that are triggered each time a car or person walks past, cause issues with the images/video?

And I dont think Acusence and ColorVu are available in the same unit?

lewic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well.... Since you said you would be using an Acusense NVR then that would not have an issue with false alarms. The only issue I would see would be that if you were using the cameras with IR then once the sensor lights come on it may take a few seconds for the camera to change out of IR mode and those few seconds you would probably have no usable footage.

Acusense does not come with ColorVu..... But remember with Acusense NVR you have the ability to use the AI on four regular cameras. That way your NVR will take the ColorVu's footage and use it's AI to filter out false alarms. If you are meaning "Acusense" on colorvu in regards to active deterrence then no. Currently colorvu cameras cannot use their built in LED's to flash to scare away intruders. I have heard from my old colleague at Hikvision that they are thinking about adding that active deterrence feature to the colorvu's later on. This feature would come in the form of a new firmware upgrade.

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
How is it?
Sorry but for the last 2 months I've been dealing with the effects of COVID-19 here in the US since I am a first responder. I haven't really dedicated any time to the new dvr but I will touch upon a few things quickly. I intend to put up a more comprehensive review when I'm not working 80 hour weeks.

First I have notice significant, atleast a 90%, reduction in false alarms. Which is the main reason why I purchased it.

Secondly I have also noticed what seems to be my dvr resetting or rebooting itself periodically. Once this occurs the settings I have implemented in the nvrs GUI for the cameras resets the cameras settings and i loose my event alarm settings including the acusense settings. Its really annoying because every week it seems to be doing this and I have to manually go back into the nvr and re establish the camera settings. Like I said I havent dedicated much time to the nvr since I've had it but I'm curious to see if anyone is having a similar issue or knows a fix.

Thirdly I have found that the nvr takes a little more time to send out a smart event alarm compared to my old nvr. It's probably a 2 to 3 second lag time but in the end its not a deal killer at all.

Overall I'm still happy with the purchase as I needed to reduce my over all false alarms as it has done that amazingly well.

I'll attach a video from today where I actually received a false alarm from my ptz which is very rare.

Last edited:

ralphmouth

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for what you are doing. I for one, truly appreciate. The one month I had been able to use this NVR, I had about the same as you as far as false alarms. I am still waiting for my camera to be returned (missing reset button) which they said takes 8 weeks. The other I returned because of the audio problems. Many many email with everyone Hikvision finally told me to get a license installer to investigate een though I supplied them with a video of problem. I looked into the license installer program and one can do online; 6 two hours courses. Somehow to me, that does not make you a license installer.

ralphmouth

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Finally got my repaired camera back and video was great however same problem with audio. Insert 3.5 plug all the way into the jack and lose audio. I got ABSOLUTELY no resolution from Hikvision even though I sent them a video. Has anyone seen a video with their IZS line and external 2 way speaker/mic combo?

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Finally got my repaired camera back and video was great however same problem with audio. Insert 3.5 plug all the way into the jack and lose audio. I got ABSOLUTELY no resolution from Hikvision even though I sent them a video. Has anyone seen a video with their IZS line and external 2 way speaker/mic combo?
Are you talking about something like this?
I've had this one for well over a year and no issues with audio.

ralphmouth

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes it was in the IZS series but finally got issue resolved.

Are you talking about something like this?
I've had this one for well over a year and no issues with audio.

GLO

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sorry but for the last 2 months I've been dealing with the effects of COVID-19 here in the US since I am a first responder. I haven't really dedicated any time to the new dvr but I will touch upon a few things quickly. I intend to put up a more comprehensive review when I'm not working 80 hour weeks.

First I have notice significant, atleast a 90%, reduction in false alarms. Which is the main reason why
Thanks and dont be sorry. I also appreciate your help here and out in the field.

I'm needing to pull the trigger on my system and discovered a few gotchas.

1. The camera above the garage which I intended to use the Acusense with Strobe and Speaker as a deterrent is only available as an indoor unit. So i may have to revert to Colourvu and use the Acusense NVR plus hook it up to an external house strobe/alarm.

2. The 2nd floor camera under eave would be a 4mp Colorvu assisted by street lighting. This angle is about 1m below the eave. It gives a nice overview of the front approach from both sides.
Do you this 4mp ColorVu will be best here?
received_604728220389945.jpeg

Here is a photo from the Arlo i have above the garage. Sensor lights on. I wanted this to be Acusense with Strobe and audible speaker deterrent but i have to change it. Would you do a 4mp ColorVu or 6mp Dark Fighter?
Screenshot_20200526-233252_Arlo.jpg

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks and dont be sorry. I also appreciate your help here and out in the field.

I'm needing to pull the trigger on my system and discovered a few gotchas.

1. The camera above the garage which I intended to use the Acusense with Strobe and Speaker as a deterrent is only available as an indoor unit. So i may have to revert to Colourvu and use the Acusense NVR plus hook it up to an external house strobe/alarm.

2. The 2nd floor camera under eave would be a 4mp Colorvu assisted by street lighting. This angle is about 1m below the eave. It gives a nice overview of the front approach from both sides.
Do you this 4mp ColorVu will be best here?
View attachment 62442

Here is a photo from the Arlo i have above the garage. Sensor lights on. I wanted this to be Acusense with Strobe and audible speaker deterrent but i have to change it. Would you do a 4mp ColorVu or 6mp Dark Fighter?
View attachment 62443
It looks like you have some good ambient light in the area so I think the Colorvu actually might work in your case for the second floor. As for the garage I would go with a dark fighter over the colorvue especially if your going to have cars parked in front of the camera. I have found with my colorvue set up the camera is over compensating with light reflected back into the lense from a car so actually capturing someone's face clearly is difficult. Plus the colorvu is rather disappointing when trying to get details of faces from a distance. Im not sure why you think you need a 6mp Dark Fighter but I would consider a DS-2CD5A46G0-IZHS. The DS-2CD5A46G0-IZHS is going to be my next purchase for a completely dark scene. The 1/1.8" sensor is one of the best that Hikvision makes and captures the most light possible in dark scenes.

GLO

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It looks like you have some good ambient light in the area so I think the Colorvu actually might work in your case for the second floor. As for the garage I would go with a dark fighter over the colorvue especially if your going to have cars parked in front of the camera. I have found with my colorvue set up the camera is over compensating with light reflected back into the lense from a car so actually capturing someone's face clearly is difficult. Plus the colorvu is rather disappointing when trying to get details of faces from a distance. Im not sure why you think you need a 6mp Dark Fighter but I would consider a DS-2CD5A46G0-IZHS. The DS-2CD5A46G0-IZHS is going to be my next purchase for a completely dark scene. The 1/1.8" sensor is one of the best that Hikvision makes and captures the most light possible in dark scenes.
Thanks Coney27,

I was thinking switching to this bullet for above the garage Hikvision Acusense DS-2CD2T46G1-4I/SL IP Bullet Camera 4MP 2.8mm Lens (Inbuilt Audio Speaker & Strobe). The vari focal is nice but I feel the strobe and audio warning will give me enough deterrent for would be thieves.

from garage door to boundary line is approx 8m and it would be awesome if the camera would capture licence plates too, but headlamps are likely to blow that out.

Thinking about this model NVR DS-7616NXI-I2/16P/4S to use the NCR based 4ch Acusense for the other 3 perimeter monitoring.

Last edited:

ralphmouth

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I did look into a LPR camera and it seems that the best bet is to buy a dedicated LPR which can be quite expensive. I have a 8mp 2.8 to 12 mm Varifocal and unless the lighting and angle of vehicle is just right, I have a hard time viewing the plate clearly.

GLO

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I did look into a LPR camera and it seems that the best bet is to buy a dedicated LPR which can be quite expensive. I have a 8mp 2.8 to 12 mm Varifocal and unless the lighting and angle of vehicle is just right, I have a hard time viewing the plate clearly.
With your vari focal, do you actually adjust it once you have set it up. As I suspect it’s mostly a set and forget

GLO

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Also, is anyone using the Acusense nvr and what is the app like on both iOS and Android.

ralphmouth

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have two identical ones, 2785 Pro series in my back yard, one up high and one at ground level so they do serve different views. But to answer your question, yes that is basically what I did. However with the zoom features on the apps it was pretty much worthless to me. I play too much. However for a LPR would be a definite set/forget.

I do have the Acusense 7608NI but the only cameras I have attached are in the Pro series so I am using their onboard VA. I wanted to verify that Acusense worked before buying a less expensive non Acusense model. I did try a Lorex camera using Onvif protocol but Lorex does not have any onboard VA firmware so that was totally a waste of time.

With your vari focal, do you actually adjust it once you have set it up. As I suspect it’s mostly a set and forget

GLO

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Would it be considered a poor choice to use thr Acusence NVR DS-7616NXI-I2/16P/4S along with 4mp ColorVu cameras for the sides and back yard?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Would it be considered a poor choice to use thr Acusence NVR DS-7616NXI-I2/16P/4S along with 4mp ColorVu cameras for the sides and back yard?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
No. Why would it be a poor choice? I have my ColorVu hooked up to my Acusense NVR.

GLO

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No. Why would it be a poor choice? I have my ColorVu hooked up to my Acusense NVR.
As this would be my first NVR set up, and knowing that ColorVu is only available in 4MP, would an 8MP Darkfighter simply give me more detail.
Have you ever felt the 4MP ColorVu left you wanting more resolution?

Ookie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Depends on your mounting location. In an overwatch situation like that corner bend in the road, quite possibly.

Low down, not as much.

Reactions: GLO