New Hikvision Cam rejects password?

injunear

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a new DS-2CD2120F-1 that i attempted to setup in SADP and I successfully changed the IP address and checked the subnet mask and of course set a password. i assume this password is the camera password, YES/NO? The SADP tool says it's "ACTIVE"...

Anyway, I setup the cam IP in BI5 along with the password and tried to connect. No video....So I went back to SADP and clicked on "Modify' and the screen returns a message that says "rejected"....I am 100% certain of the password.

I am at a loss as to what's going on here given everything is different than my system. I use a linksys router and this router's a D-Link....

I'm now locked out of the camera????? Why????? Is it because BI5 tried multiple logon's without success?

fullboogie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can you do a hard reset of the camera to return it to the inactive state? Then use SADP to activate it again and set a password?

injunear

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What's a hard reset? There's no reset button on the cam. I found a reset tool in the "Tools" tab of this site that looks promising but haven't tried it yet. Apparently, only Hikvision can provide an unlock key to reset the password. Hopefully the tool works, else I have to contact Hikvision via a web submission form and they provide the 'key'....

Edit: There is indeed a reset button on this camera unbeknownst to me...Read on.....

Last edited:

injunear

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So it's going to need a submission to Hik to recover it?

No need for a response, I know the answer to this question...Still miffed and confused as to how this happened as I set up 6 others with nary a problem....

Last edited:

injunear

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well, just for information purposes only, there is a reset button on the inside of the camera that when depressed and held (before power is applied) then plugging in the power (keep holding the reset for about 10 seconds), will reset the camera back to "inactive" and the default IP. You can then go back in the SADP tool and enter a new password and change the IP if necessary.....This worked for my Chinese(?) ebay DS-2CD2120F-I camera. Hikvision USA refused my request for help after submitting a webform with QR code and ser number.....