New Install & testing

dashpuppy

n3wb
Reaction score
Blueiris was recommended to me, so far i like it and i'm about to pull the trigger on a license for my home setup. I have it in a virtual machine with 4gigs ram and 4 cores.. it sits around the 65%. Is this normal ? I have 2 cameras hikvision PTZ & a tendnet 311pi..

Camit

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Why are you running BI computer as a VM ??? No need look at the wiki here

Camit

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Also I’ll add the cpu is way to high for 2 cams.. again look at the wiki

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't run it on a virtual machine. Check out the wiki, there is some useful info in there. BI runs best on Intel i5's and i7's that have Intel HD Graphics.

Keep in mind that you can't use Direct To Disc on the evaluation of Blue Iris. It greatly reduces CPU consumption.

We sell Blue Iris in the IPCT Store too.....Shameless plug

BTW what is that picture in your avatar? Looks like an interesting system.

dashpuppy

n3wb
Reaction score
Don't run it on a virtual machine. Check out the wiki, there is some useful info in there. BI runs best on Intel i5's and i7's that have Intel HD Graphics.

Keep in mind that you can't use Direct To Disc on the evaluation of Blue Iris. It greatly reduces CPU consumption.

We sell Blue Iris in the IPCT Store too.....Shameless plug

BTW what is that picture in your avatar? Looks like an interesting system.

Thanks for the reply guys :) To be honest there is no way in hell i'm going to go buy a box and dedicate it to 2 cameras, when i have a Hp ML350P with dual 6 cor xeons and 128gigs ram with 16tb's of storage available.. I bought this server so i can have every thing in one box.. I used to use the Trendnet Pro software but it's giving me some weird issues..

The dedicated Vm for this video recording is a 4 core 4 gigs ram * can give more * with 1 tb of storage..

I don't mind buying the blueiris, but i don't want to buy it and have it not work properly.. Still playing right now..

Will start reading some wiki stuff soon..

Mike, The pic in my avatar is a Unifi monitoring station i built for monitoring my USG pro 4 firewall :) It's just a pi 3 with a 7" touch screen running a simple os to display a webpage that refreshes every 2 seconds..

Camit

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply guys :) To be honest there is no way in hell i'm going to go buy a box and dedicate it to 2 cameras, when i have a Hp ML350P with dual 6 cor xeons and 128gigs ram with 16tb's of storage available.. I bought this server so i can have every thing in one box.. I used to use the Trendnet Pro software but it's giving me some weird issues..

The dedicated Vm for this video recording is a 4 core 4 gigs ram * can give more * with 1 tb of storage..

I don't mind buying the blueiris, but i don't want to buy it and have it not work properly.. Still playing right now..

Will start reading some wiki stuff soon..

Mike, The pic in my avatar is a Unifi monitoring station i built for monitoring my USG pro 4 firewall :) It's just a pi 3 with a 7" touch screen running a simple os to display a webpage that refreshes every 2 seconds..
Dedicated blue Iris machine is the only way to go you can find a 7th or 8th gen i5 cpu cheap hp elite or dell

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You don't mention the load. Resolution avd fps.

dashpuppy

n3wb
Reaction score
Actually, Direct to Disk :) i just enabled it and now i'm sitting at 5% cpu & was at 60.. Screen shot :)