New IPC-Color4K-T-2.8 From Empire Tech shows Initilized out of the Box

dchomes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here we go again.... This is a 2 issue post. I received the replacement New IPC-Color4K-T-2.8 today From Empire Tech that I ordered through Amazon. This one appeared packaged correctly with everything including 2 wrenches, the manual, and the waterproof connector. The previous scam camera was missing those items. I immediately checked the cable label and it looked modified like the other camera. The word UP was not noticeable on the housing and has different colored LEDs. I took pictures of the camera in the sealed bag along with the modified-looking label in the sealed bag. One of the pics is of the Lorex logo on the base but hard to see. Connected to IP config Tool it displays as initialized out of the box with Model as E892DD and wrong SN.
Looks like I was scammed a second time.
Does this cam come in a sealed bag from Andy or is the scammer adding the sealed bag for effect?
Do you agree that the label in the pics is modified? My other cams have what looks to be tamperproof labels.

Andy: Sorry, but you have a problem that might be more widespread than you realize. That is 2 in a row that I have ordered from Amazon that are wrong cameras in the package. I have to wonder how many others are this way and how is this happening. Sorry, this happening to you, especially with how hard you work at being an excellent Seller.
I will be ordering another cam from Empire Techs website and returning this one to Amazon. Lower Price on his site as an added bonus. I wrote WRONG CAMERA IN THE BOX on the box I returned and will on this one as well so hopefully it won't get resold. I also included this info in the return reason notes to hopefully help Andy with initiating a claim with Amazon.

Second issue: I also received a T5442T-ZE today from Andy through Amazon. IP Config tool displays the SN, MAC, and Model correctly to match the camera info but shows Initialized out of the box. Cable labels look factory. I assume this is a legit camera.
Why is this camera showing Initialized out of the box? Can I still make this camera work since it is initialized already? Since I have received 3 cameras in a row that show as Initialized, I question if I am overlooking something or don't understand the process fully. Yes, I am a Newb and still learning thanks to this forum for providing great information and support.
I get the 2 scam cams showing initialized but not the new 5442T.
Any help is appreciated.

20230724_181201_resized.jpg20230724_181314_resized.jpg20230724_181424_resized.jpg20230724_181751_resized.jpg20230724_181816_resized.jpg20230724_181918_resized.jpg

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
For reference, the turrets were all still sealed with the cable poking out of the bag/wire tie. And none had any writing on the protective film across the lens.

1690245872546.png

dchomes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
These cameras do not come in a heat sealed bag. They come in a baggy that is around the camera and then tied off with a white wire tie.
That is how the first scam cam came I think. At least there was a white wire tie loose in the bottom of the box. Not sure if it was heat-sealed or not. I don't think so.
Thanks for the pics and confirmation.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Make sure you go on Amazon and leave a very negative review like everyone else who has some small issue that could have been taken care of by reaching out to Amazon or the seller.

It's amazing how many negative reviews I see because the person ordered the wrong color or the item showed up broken. Chances are, if it shows up broken that it wasn't the sellers fault. File a claim and return it; there's no reason to leave a 1 star review against the seller for something UPS did.

I know Andy had a couple negative reviews a little while back. I would definitely leave some comments about how he handled this to help his rating.
Aha, amazon always blame to sellers :D So you leave any bad review only hurt us,amazon will not care.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Could be an inside job.

An employee switching out Andy's cams for cheaper ones and then getting a friend to order the cheaper ones and supplying Andy's. Wouldn't be easily detected as stock wouldn't be going missing from the warehouse as for each order the correct number of cams from the correct area would be fulfilled.

Way it could happen - someone places and order for eg 2x4kT's. Employee phones friend or family and tells them to immediately order 2x cheaper ones (pre-arranged which models so boxes are similar size). Employee, fulfils both orders but swaps cams from one box to the other along with labels. Correct number of cams go out from each area so stock is correct at Amazon. Goes unnoticed until the numbers of incorrect cameras being returned becomes noticeable over several purchasers or becomes excessive triggering suspicion it's not bad returns or delivery company but warehouse issue. If employee keeps it occasional, could go undetected as bad returns.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks like it was done in the same way too.

Two (at least) should make it easier to track back to who it was.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks like it was done in the same way too.

Two (at least) should make it easier to track back to who it was.
The real question is what or how far will Amazon go, would be good if they go after the scumbag.

Although some may say kettle-black with my user ID, this sort of theft really boils my piss!

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
Did you know "Ramazon" is flying workers from Mexico? So, crooks there, aaaahhh your foolin' me! ;)

berto01

n3wb
Reaction score
is this a known problem? Going to need to order some and Amazon is always easier for me.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
is this a known problem? Going to need to order some and Amazon is always easier for me.
I have ordered my fair share of Empiretech/Loryta cams from Andy on Amazon and never had an issue of any kind.

This seems very much to be an outlier, especially twice to the same person.

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've ordered twice from Andy's Amazon store and once direct all no issue at all. The cameras came fast and like what Ri22o describe as far as in packaging.

Bad Packet

n3wb
Reaction score
This just happened to me, or rather, I just realized it. Bought an IPC-Color4K-T 3.6 from the EmpireTech store on Amazon right before going on a trip. I installed it and was a little disappointed in the low light performance, but didn't have time to really dig into it. I didn't really know any better since I'd never used this model before.

But I then bought a second IPC-Color4K-T 3.6 a week or so ago and installed it today. UI was massively different, cable pigtail was significantly different, and the color/low light performance was nothing short of magical. Gave the first camera the hairy eyeball, and sure enough, it was an E892DD made in 2020. The silver labels on the camera and pigtail both say Color4K-T, and the box is correct as well.

I just initiated the return at Amazon and ordered a replacement.