New ISP router and now unable to reconnect Hikvision DS-KB6003 to WiFi

sparker

n3wb
Reaction score
So I have tried both ways to reconnect to the WiFi
Firstly running the network settings and trying to get the camera to scan the QR code (it doesn't) and secondly by doing a full reset, but nothing happens when I hold down the reset button for 15 seconds. I did get it so that it was flashing red and blue, but right now I am so annoyed I want to punch something. I had loads of problems setting it up initially too, but because my ISP changed my modem and my Wifi now must have a 10char password, I couldn't fall back to what the doorbell had saved (a 8 char password) with the same SSID.

I can turn off the power to the doorbell in my meter closet as it is connected to a doorbell transformer with an on off switch.

Can anyone help me? I had already activated the doorbell, but have since deleted it from the app to setup again. Also, why doesn't the app remember the wifi settings I input in More > Settings > Wi-Fi Settings ?? So with every failure it all must be manually typed in again.. It just seems this app frustrates EVERY step of the way.

Screenshot_20210313-155152_Hik-Connect.jpg

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The simplest solution, assuming you have the admin access, would be to reconfigure the new router to use the same settings as the previous one.
That way - nothing on your network would have to change.

sparker

n3wb
Reaction score
After hours of screwing around with it I managed to activate it by literally going to the IP address in the browser, man in 2021 it is so frustrating that companies still have crap apps to connect with things like this, including DAIKIN which is as bad. Now I can see it no longer recognizes the storage card that has been in it from when I first set it up.

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
In the future, it would be a better idea to get your own wifi/router device so the next time your ISP changes your modem, your wireless network remains intact.