New LaView NVR question

g0rFz

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I just got a new LV-N9308-W which is non POE 1tb NVR, rebranded Hikvision from what I can tell.

I’ve attached two IP cameras to it just fine and have continuous recording... I’m able to view the cameras inside and outside the network just fine.

My question is how to view yesterday’s footage via app (using LaView net app). I can do it with the mouse/hdmi hardwired to TV, but for some reason the app says “connection failed” when trying to do playback (while live view works just fine in app)

I’ve never owned an NVR and only had this three days.

tung256

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i got it for $70 as well. most likely will RMA to get my money back and stick to my trust worthy HikVision NVR.
the manual is very basic. playback on the app is not easy even if it works. my best advice is to view playback on the TV/monitor.

g0rFz

n3wb
Reaction score
So I've actually had a great experience with these, I can view all my cameras inside and outside my LAN. I can only view the NVR footage INSIDE my LAN, but I think that is normal? Currently I have 4 wifi IP cameras connected and 95% of the time it's perfect (occasionally buffers), but since I need the NVR hardwired to my router, they are both downstairs. This makes the upstairs signal strength pretty weak and I know I can't do an outdoor camera without somehow increasing the signal.

My question: there really isn't a way I can move router/NVR, so is there a good extender or repeater? I want to get outside capabilities (flood light hardwired, doorbell hardwired)... any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

supe

n3wb
Reaction score
@g0rFz I don't know a good repeater for this NVR as the wifi on this has been problematic for me with 2 Laview wifi Panda cameras. 1 random camera always drop after a couple days.
When you say you have 4 wifi cameras working, are they connected to the NVR's wifi or to separate LAN wifi?

I notice the OEM DS-7108NI-E1/V/W/1T has updated firmware which adds wifi improvements including ability to turn off dhcp as well as having smart event register on continuous recording from the ap and web interface. Unfortunately laview's version is very old with lots of bugs.

Has anyone been successful flashing the latest OEM (3.4.80) on this?

I won't even get into Laview's horrific support service, I''ll just leave it at that I have been trying to get it returned for a refund for the past 4 weeks and counting.

-Supe

tung256

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i was able to get a full refund. they sent a fedex label for me to ship the unit back.