New "Lite" Series Cameras from Dahua

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just finished a review on the new IPC-HFW2200S. When I talked to Dahua a few months ago, I told them Hikvision was killing them on price on the low end. They said they have plans to fix this, so this must be it.

http://www.networkcameracritic.com/?p=2331

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Nice. Considerably less noisy at night than those 3MP Hikvision cams, isn't it?

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That's a tough question and it depends on your specific needs. I don't think the someone that buys one or the other will be disappointed. For example, if I put an ACTi e32, Hikvision ds-2c2032-i and the Dahua ipc-hfw2200s side by side, depending on the time of day, depending on the angle of the sun, one may look better than the other. At night the Dahua will have the least noise, the ACTi the most noise but more detail and the Hikvision in the middle. I know people that have both and swear the Dahua is better and I know people that think the other way.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I agree. Each brand are better than others at different circumstances. It's up to yourself as the consumer to decide which layout for viewing and playback is better for you. The main reason I strictly use Dahua myself, is I used to work for a company that used ICrealtime, and they are rebranded Dahua. I got used to it's software and setup and liked it. I than found out that Dahua is the original manufacturer of their products so I found a distributor that sold dahua for much less money than ICrealitime sells the same products for. And than it just took off after that. Every estimate I go to, I log into one of my Dahua systems, and it sells itself. :)

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Just read the write up, seems like a decent little camera. Thanks for sharing.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I agree. Each brand are better than others at different circumstances. It's up to yourself as the consumer to decide which layout for viewing and playback is better for you. The main reason I strictly use Dahua myself, is I used to work for a company that used ICrealtime, and they are rebranded Dahua. I got used to it's software and setup and liked it. I than found out that Dahua is the original manufacturer of their products so I found a distributor that sold dahua for much less money than ICrealitime sells the same products for. And than it just took off after that. Every estimate I go to, I log into one of my Dahua systems, and it sells itself. :)

Higher profit margins help sway choice too. :p

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Probably gets them cheaper and does a high markup on them, that's just a guess though. :p
Networkcameras point was that you said "Higher profit margins help sway choice too" and thats why vector chooses dahua...but that is not the case, Hikvision is the same or cheaper wholesale. I sure hope vector does markup his cams, that's how installers stay in business and vector does superb work.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
IMO, hik and dahua are in the same ballpark in the price range market. I started with Dahua, and I like Dahua's night vision better. Also, I'm not up to date on hik's PTZ's, but I really like Dahua's PTZ's
and their prices. Especially when I buy them in bulk from China, there is no beating that. And yes, of course I mark up the cameras on installs and sales, I would be an idiot if I didn't, LOL.
Thank you for the compliment Fenderman!