New Loryta B5442-Z4E …… bad?

Reaction score
Got this camera on Amazon. I believe Andy is the seller..

So I wired this thing to my wireless router. Connected 12v supply. I downloaded the config tool for my laptop. The display shows the IPC camera but it doesn’t show the expected 192.168.1.108 IP address. Instead it shows 10.1.1.70. It also says the device is initialized.

so I’m thinking “that’s weird”. Maybe this is not a new camera? So I find a reset switch under the little hatch under the camera I hold that switch down for about 10 secs thinking (hoping) this will reset everything to factory. No such luck. Still shows the 10.1.1.70 IP and initialized.

Is there anything I can do to get this thing back to factory settings. What’s going on here?

Thanks

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
Plug it directly to a computer and change the IP address of the computer to 10.1.1.60. Then use a browser to go to the camera's web GUI at 10.1.1.70. That's all you need anyway because you'll need to change the camera from the default IP address anyway.

If you are worried about it, you can reset the camera from the GUI, but I doubt it will do anything differently than pressing the button on the camera.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You need to hold the reset down while it is powered and hold it in long enough to hear the IR filter click.

Another alternative is to unpower it, press and hold the reset and while holding it in, then power it back up and hold it in until you hear the IR filter click 3 times. That should set it back.

Then follow the instructions I provided you in the other thread instead of the config tool (hence the reason why I gave you what you called a "canned response" LOL)...sometimes the config tool can do some wacky things. I don't think it would give that IP address as that is what is usually provided if it is plugged into an NVR (so maybe it was a return), but what is your home IP address - is it 10.1.1.x? If so, maybe you somehow initialized it without realizing it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
You need to hold the reset down while it is powered and hold it in long enough to hear the IR filter click.

Another alternative is to unpower it, press and hold the reset and while holding it in, then power it back up and hold it in until you hear the IR filter click 3 times. That should set it back.

Then follow the instructions I provided you in the other thread instead of the config tool (hence the reason why I gave you what you called a "canned response" LOL)...sometimes the config tool can do some wacky things. I don't think it would give that IP address as that is what is usually provided if it is plugged into an NVR (so maybe it was a return), but what is your home IP address - is it 10.1.1.x? If so, maybe you somehow initialized it without realizing it.

Ok. I’ll try that. i think this camera was previously purchased and returned. I do have an NVR but never connected it to that.

And no disrepect meant by the “canned response” comment. I’ve read many of your “manifestos” here and have found them very useful.

Thanks and I’ll try the powered reset.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, I am leaning towards it being a return and someone connected it to an NVR, unless your LAN just happens to be that IP address and maybe the config tool initialized it for you.

If it is a return, it is a shame that Amazon does that as that is beyond the seller control. I haven't figured out the Amazon model yet but I think they decide to reshelf and resell it as new based on the drop-down comment the person returning it marks it as. Because I have a few friends that will bid and buy crates of returns from Amazon and clean or fix them and sell them for a nice profit. So they obviously don't resell every return as new.

It will be interesting to see what the factory reset does.

Reaction score
Yeah, I am leaning towards it being a return and someone connected it to an NVR, unless your LAN just happens to be that IP address and maybe the config tool initialized it for you.

If it is a return, it is a shame that Amazon does that as that is beyond the seller control. I haven't figured out the Amazon model yet but I think they decide to reshelf and resell it as new based on the drop-down comment the person returning it marks it as. Because I have a few friends that will bid and buy crates of returns from Amazon and clean or fix them and sell them for a nice profit. So they obviously don't resell every return as new.

It will be interesting to see what the factory reset does.
The powered reset did the trick. Thanks. Viewing the image on the browser it kept switching “down to” sub stream 1. Very annoying so I disabled sub stream 1 and now it’s complaining that sub stream should be enabled for better viewing experience. But it stays in main stream, so ……

The end goal is to connect it to my Lorex NVR. If you have any links you can share for that, it would be appreciated.

I have an Amcrest vari-focal. On first blush imaging is similar to this Loryta (Dahua). I would give a slight edge to the Loryta. Worth the extra 50 bucks? The jury is still out.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you are getting that error with viewing experience, that means your camera is going thru your router and it cannot keep up. Or your computer cannot. It is an issue within your system.

Cameras connected to Wifi routers (whether the camera is wifi or hardwired) are problematic for surveillance cameras because they are always streaming and passing data. And the data demands go up with motion and then you lose signal. A lost packet and it has to resend. It can bring the whole network down if trying to send cameras through a wifi router. At the very least it can slow down your entire system.

Unlike Netflix and other streaming services that buffer a movie, these cameras do not buffer up part of the video, so drop outs are frequent, especially once you start adding distance. You would be amazed how much streaming services buffer - don't believe me, start watching something and unplug your router and watch how much longer you can watch NetFlix before it freezes - mine goes 45 seconds. Now do the same with a camera connected to a router and it is fairly instantaneous (within the latency of the stream itself)...

It connects flawlessly to the Lorex NVR. Simply plug it in to an available port and let the Lorex NVR find it. It would probably be good to do a factory reset on the camera though so that the NVR will initialize it. Otherwise you will have to manually add it.

Amcrest, Lorex, Loryta, Empiretech, etc. are all made by Dahua. The main difference is Amcrest and Lorex use smaller sensors and cheaper components in order to sell to the masses in the big box stores.

Any camera can look good in the daytime. At night this camera should blow away the Amcrest. Amcrest would be on a less than ideal MP/sensor ratio.

Last edited: