New Member - Got my Cameras and now onto Home Security~!

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm working on a 2GIG running off of a separate power supply can with batteries instead of the wall wart and mini battery backup it comes with.

CamFan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The EVL3/4 works fine, but it's lacking in security. DON'T expose it to the internet with port forwarding, they are easily hackable.

Take a look at the IPDatatel CBAT, similar capabilities, more secure, slightly more expensive, requires monthly monitoring, but has Ethernet monitoring with cellular backup.

sixsevenco

n3wb
Reaction score
I installed the EVL-3 module in my Honeywell/Adempco Vista 20p alarm system almost a year ago. I've been very pleased with it. I get a text and email on my smart phone each time the alarm panel status changes. It's been trouble free and reliable. I'm ok with self monitoring and like that I have ZERO monthly fees. Initially I connected the EVL-3 via a wireless wi-fi device which worked fine, but I eventually ran an Ethernet cable to the module.
I'm assuming that since you're here you also have an NVR. :) Does the EVL-3 allow your NVR to talk with Security Panel? Do they need to talk? I am considering the Vista 20P, and I'm wondering how my NVR can work with it. I have some ideas, but without owning the Vista 20p, I'm not sure of real world scenarios were connectivity or interoperability makes sense. Thanks for your help with this...

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I just had a group call with my monitoring company sales and tech department to come up with a way to tie an independent separate camera system into the alarm monitoring. We have been able to accomplish this and I am very happy with it. It offers another level so that any of my customers can achieve video verification straight from the monitoring station to law enforcement without any delay!

sixsevenco

n3wb
Reaction score
I just had a group call with my monitoring company sales and tech department to come up with a way to tie an independent separate camera system into the alarm monitoring. We have been able to accomplish this and I am very happy with it. It offers another level so that any of my customers can achieve video verification straight from the monitoring station to law enforcement without any delay!
I have so many questions... :) Where does the integration occur? Does your customer see both systems working together within an app on a smart phone? On on the security panel to view camera feeds? (tuxedo touch, etc...) Do alarm events from both the panel and NVR talk to and/or trigger each other? I need to sell the use case to the wife, so the more info the better. :) :)

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So what happens is when you arm the security system, it sends the usual signal to the monitoring station. If and when the alarm system is triggered, on the back side of the system via ip, the monitoring station will get the clips from your nvr or BI machine to instantly verify if someone or something triggered your system.

sixsevenco

n3wb
Reaction score
So what happens is when you arm the security system, it sends the usual signal to the monitoring station. If and when the alarm system is triggered, on the back side of the system via ip, the monitoring station will get the clips from your nvr or BI machine to instantly verify if someone or something triggered your system.
Thanks Blake!

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You're welcome. This is what I have worked out with the monitoring I offer. I cannot speak for anyone else. There is an additional fee for this service. I prefer offering it this way because the average cameras offered by big name security companies are just horrible!