new member needs ip poe advice please

jaygen

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys, Im glad I found this forum, getting ready to build my own IP system. I recently purchased a Swann
8 channel 4 camera analog 5mp 2tb system off amazon. I know, I know it sucks, its going back.
After some research, I now want to go with an IP system.

I would like to start off with a good NVR, 8 channel, 4TB, 4MP, 4 or 5 cameras to start. Eventually adding a PTZ cam. Im looking for good night vision for the backyard and a zoom bullet for out front.
Heres what Im looking to buy but not sure, my budget is only around $500-600, would the products below
be a decent system?

NVR
Amcrest NV4108-HS 4K NVR (8CH 1080p/3MP/4MP/5MP/6MP/8MP) Network Video Recorder - Supports up to 8 x 8-Megapixel IP Cameras @30fps Realtime, Supports up to 6TB HDD (Not Included) (No Built-In WiFi) (I have a 4 tb hdd to put in this)

POE SWITCH
BV-Tech 8 Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch – 130W – 802.3at – POE-SW800G

CAMS

Reolink IP PoE Security Camera 4 Megapixels Super HD 2560x1440 Audio Support Bullet Outdoor Indoor IR Night Vision Motion Detection RLC-410

Dahua IPC-HFW4431R-Z 2.7~12mm Motorized Varifocal Lens 4MP WDR Bullet Network Security Camera POE IP67 Weatherproof CCTV IP Camera International Version

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys, Im glad I found this forum, getting ready to build my own IP system. I recently purchased a Swann
8 channel 4 camera analog 5mp 2tb system off amazon. I know, I know it sucks, its going back.
After some research, I now want to go with an IP system.

I would like to start off with a good NVR, 8 channel, 4TB, 4MP, 4 or 5 cameras to start. Eventually adding a PTZ cam. Im looking for good night vision for the backyard and a zoom bullet for out front.
Heres what Im looking to buy but not sure, my budget is only around $500-600, would the products below
be a decent system?

NVR
Amcrest NV4108-HS 4K NVR (8CH 1080p/3MP/4MP/5MP/6MP/8MP) Network Video Recorder - Supports up to 8 x 8-Megapixel IP Cameras @30fps Realtime, Supports up to 6TB HDD (Not Included) (No Built-In WiFi) (I have a 4 tb hdd to put in this)

POE SWITCH
BV-Tech 8 Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch – 130W – 802.3at – POE-SW800G

CAMS

Reolink IP PoE Security Camera 4 Megapixels Super HD 2560x1440 Audio Support Bullet Outdoor Indoor IR Night Vision Motion Detection RLC-410

Dahua IPC-HFW4431R-Z 2.7~12mm Motorized Varifocal Lens 4MP WDR Bullet Network Security Camera POE IP67 Weatherproof CCTV IP Camera International Version
Avoid reolink
avoid - china region hacked dahua cameras like the 4431
amcrest simply rebrands dahua...why buy their NVR if you can get a dahua product.
match your cameras to the NVR or use a vms like blue iris or milestone
all this has been discussed to death...

jcc

n3wb
Reaction score
I learned from fenderman that Lorex and Amcrest are rebranded Dahua's. If they're just repackaging the stuff (vs. modifying it) what's wrong with buying from a Canadian or US company, if you're willing to pay more for a more "localized" service?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I learned from fenderman that Lorex and Amcrest are rebranded Dahua's. If they're just repackaging the stuff (vs. modifying it) what's wrong with buying from a Canadian or US company, if you're willing to pay more for a more "localized" service?
lorex was recently purchased by dahua...amcrest was started by the same folks who sold foscam in the US (Foscam digital technologies) that screwed over customers and also then left many hanging.
The biggest reason to buy dahua is because there are many more options, both superior designs like the turret and performance like the starlight that are not available from lorex or amcrest. Also note lorex (not sure about amcrest) removes certain functionality live IVS in the cams..

Reactions: jcc

WayneK

n3wb
Reaction score
To whom it may concern, I have Amcrest and Sricams and I could not be happier. Have had them for about a year now at home and my business, working flawlessly. Until I have trouble or am otherwise convinced with evidence that they can be out performed, I am sticking with them. Thanks

Reactions: jcc

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
To whom it may concern, I have Amcrest and Sricams and I could not be happier. Have had them for about a year now at home and my business, working flawlessly. Until I have trouble or am otherwise convinced with evidence that they can be out performed, I am sticking with them. Thanks
Amcrest is rebranded dahua at a suckers price and options---dahua is highly recommended here as a great value but amcrest only rebrands the mediocre dahua cameras....
Sricam is utter garbage - should never be used, EVER.
If you would spend more than 10 seconds on this forum you would see that they could be outperformed...but its common for newbies like you with tons of "amazon.com" research to believe otherwise....you'll learn.

jcc

n3wb
Reaction score
Amcrest is rebranded dahua at a suckers price and options---dahua is highly recommended here as a great value but amcrest only rebrands the mediocre dahua cameras....
Sricam is utter garbage - should never be used, EVER.
If you would spend more than 10 seconds on this forum you would see that they could be outperformed...but its common for newbies like you with tons of "amazon.com" research to believe otherwise....you'll learn.
That's the bottom line: A product is good until it's not. Learning costs money!