New member saying a big hello to all.

Retired TD

n3wb
Reaction score
Being in my 80s and not too great with technical projects I would like to ask the following question please.

I am looking to purchase a NVR CCTV System whereby I can monitor the surrounding area of by bungalow.

I have at present a Hikvision NVR Model DS-7608NI - K2/8P
with 2 H.View E3 3MP PoE IP Cameras 4mm
and 1 H.View HV-E800 8MP PoE IP Camera 2.8mm

My problem is the set up on the NVR Settings for sensitivity only drops to 20/100 whereby even leaves of grass trigger the NVR to record this.

Any help would ne nice please.

Robert

Retired TD

n3wb
Reaction score
Being in my 80s and not too great with technical projects I would like to ask the following question please.

I am looking to purchase a NVR CCTV System whereby I can monitor the surrounding area of by bungalow.

I have at present a Hikvision NVR Model DS-7608NI - K2/8P
with 2 H.View E3 3MP PoE IP Cameras 4mm
and 1 H.View HV-E800 8MP PoE IP Camera 2.8mm

My problem is the set up on the NVR Settings for sensitivity only drops to 20/100 whereby even leaves of grass trigger the NVR to record this.

Any help would ne nice please.

Robert
In my haste I forgot to say that I am In Hampshire in the UK. Apols.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Is this for Motion Detection?
Have you configured any 'Smart Events' such as Intrusion Detection or Line Crossing detection or even Human Detection?
These would generally considerably reduce unwanted notifications from leaves of grass.

Retired TD

n3wb
Reaction score
Is this for Motion Detection?
Have you configured any 'Smart Events' such as Intrusion Detection or Line Crossing detection or even Human Detection?
These would generally considerably reduce unwanted notifications from leaves of grass.
Many thanks for all your inputs.

I have set up the Motion Detection graphs accordingly and have found that it detecting even the smallest movements like moths, grass even rain drops.

The Sensitivity Scale works from settings of 20% to 100% with the lowest limited to 20% of which all cameras are set to 20%.

Maybe because I have cameras from H View maybe they are not altogether compatable with Hikvison NVR.

Kind regards

Robert

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Do the cameras have configuration options for Smart Events?
I'm wondering if the Hview Hikvision sub-brand maybe doesn't have that capability. Sometimes the sub-brands are dumbed-down to match the price point, despite using the same hardware.