New Modem - Connection Failed.

Brit_12

n3wb
Reaction score
Due to a change of local internet service provider, I was required to switch over to a new modem in my home. The new modem was installed, however I now receive Connection Failed on the iVMS-4500HD App on Android and the dedicated login through www.hik-vision.com/username shows the webpage as unavailable. I understand due to the change in I.P Address I will need to reconfigure completely. I am a complete novice, however I do have a laptop with an ethernet cable plugged into the new modem and I am able to type in the I.P address of the modem into my browser and login to the modem which shows a variety of options. There is an ethernet cable from the modem to the NVR and from there another 4 ethernet cables which go to each individual camera (4 Cameras)

Would anyone be willing to offer any advice or guidance on how to get these working again? I apologize if this has been covered in a different thread.

Hitron CGN3 Modem
LTN7604-P4 NVR

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@Brit_12 Welcome to the forum..you will first need to set an internal static ip address for the NVR by using your modem/router combo's dhcp reservation or setting the ip address outside the dhcp range...
You then need to setup port forwarding...there are several threads on this subject.

nathan7

n3wb
Reaction score
Please give the make and model number of your modem. Is it a router also or do you have a separate router?

soulja

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi! You are lucky. I had the same problem. Cost me about 6 hours haha

Preferred DNS Server has to be the same like IPv4 Default Gateway

try it

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Preferred DNS should be set to a valid dns service...like google which is 8.8.8.8....not the routers ip address...

soulja

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Preferred DNS should be set to a valid dns service...like google which is 8.8.8.8....not the routers ip address...
you might be right but it solved my problem with ezviz connection fail

Brit_12

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi! You are lucky. I had the same problem. Cost me about 6 hours haha

Preferred DNS Server has to be the same like IPv4 Default Gateway

try it
Thanks for the advice, certainly something I will try!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, certainly something I will try!
This will not solve your problem...and may cause issues with email notifications/alerts...
You need to properly port forward your connection, if that is not done, remote viewing will simply not work.

Brit_12

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the advice @fenderman. I was able to change the port forwarding after reading some of the threads on here, now I am able to view the cameras internally from home internet connection on HIKVision app. A few more changes and I will be able to view remotely outside of home internet connection.

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the advice @fenderman. I was able to change the port forwarding after reading some of the threads on here, now I am able to view the cameras internally from home internet connection on HIKVision app. A few more changes and I will be able to view remotely outside of home internet connection.
Port forwarding will only affect external connections not internal ones..Note that many router modem combos like yours have nat loopback issues, so you cannot use an external address while you are connected to the network..so when testing your external address use a cell phone and disable the wifi so you are not on your network..

Laurel

n3wb
Reaction score
Ugh! Glad I did a search before posting. I have the same issue but all this is way over my head. Soonest appt the alarm co has is 2 weeks away so 2 weeks w/ no camera views.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ugh! Glad I did a search before posting. I have the same issue but all this is way over my head. Soonest appt the alarm co has is 2 weeks away so 2 weeks w/ no camera views.
why do you need them for this?