New NVR - cameras not working

Ori Givati

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I have just bought a new NVR - DS7600. I installed 4 new cameras and connected them, they work perfectly. For these cameras I use CAT6.
However, the 3 older cameras I had, when I connect them to the new NVR, the image does not appear. for these I use CAT5.

Anything that needs to be done when swtiching NVR's?

Please help

Thanks

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi,

I have just bought a new NVR - DS7600. I installed 4 new cameras and connected them, they work perfectly. For these cameras I use CAT6.
However, the 3 older cameras I had, when I connect them to the new NVR, the image does not appear. for these I use CAT5.

Please help

Thanks
I'm assuming the old 3 cameras work fine when you access them via the web browser and they worked fine before you connected to the new NVR?

Are these old cameras hacked Chinese models? as I believe Dahua latest NVR firmware disabled the use of hacked cameras on their NVR, has Hikvision done the same?

If the cameras work fine from the web browser have you tried manually adding the cameras to NVR? The fact you have CAT5 and CAT6 wouldn't matter unless you are mixing T-568a and b.

Also try unplugging your new cameras and try you old cameras only on the NVR, if you still have no luck try adding them manually.

Ori Givati

n3wb
Reaction score
The cameras are not old, they are just older. I bought the, a few months ago. They are all hikvision cameras, similar to the new ones I bought. They worked perfectly fine before I switched NVR's

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The cameras are not old, they are just older. I bought the, a few months ago. They are all hikvision cameras, similar to the new ones I bought. They worked perfectly fine before I switched NVR's
Presumably the IP addresses applied by the old NVR are not a match to the NVR ports they are now plugged in to in the new NVR.

The best approach, assuming the cameras are on NVR POE ports, is to reset the cameras to defaults before connecting to the new NVR.
Or - change the camera IP address to match the one that's set for the POE port on the new NVR that you will plug the camera in to.
As well as knowing what the camera passwords were.

Ori Givati

n3wb
Reaction score
Problem solved. It was pretty simple, the password for the cameras of the old NVR needed to be changed to the password of the new NVR. Thanks for your input everyone