New NVR I lost 5 cameras on a remote Poe switch.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
So if D4 is on that same external switch, and it’s working and correctly assigned a 192x address from the router, D2 and D3 should look the same.

Fastest way out of the mess is to 1) delete D2,D3 from the Reg page, 2) default D2/D3 by either their GUI or the onboard factory default button, while connected. They should be assigned a 192 address.
Then connect the switch back to the NVR, discover them, and manually add to the bottom pane.
See above.
I’m out

tubac

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
All my cams are on a seperate Switch even though i have POE ports on the NVR....for what ever reason, my network access to the cams is very responsive via the switch versus the NVR internal POE with its 80Mbps ( maybe not even full Duplex) bandwidth cap.

View attachment 182587
8 cams are on the NVR’s built in Poe switch.
The other five cameras are on a remote Poe switch in my garage . Those 5 cameras are the ones that are out. It’s wired together like this:
The NVR is connected to a switch. Also in that switch are a cable
All my cams are on a seperate Switch even though i have POE ports on the NVR....for what ever reason, my network access to the cams is very responsive via the switch versus the NVR internal POE with its 80Mbps ( maybe not even full Duplex) bandwidth cap.

View attachment 182587
See above.
I’m out
See above.
I’m out
Red,
I truly appreciate your help, but I am in my 78th year and obviously not technically proficient.
I thought this was a simple matter, and it probably is, but not to me.
I have decided to hire someone to straighten this mess out. I did not know the deficiencies
in my system until this string of posts, because as fuked as it is, it ran flawlessly until the NVR crapped out.
Regards,
Tubac

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
I had a similar situation when installed a POE duplexer. Solved by changing the setting on Bridge Mode.