New NVR Setup - Please help me - can't find devices

Reaction score
That's promising.
So - a suggestion:
With the camera on the router, access the camera web GUI and change its IP address to 10.1.1.100 and set the default gateway to 10.1.1.1 and subnet mask to 255.255.255.0
Let the camera reboot.
Don't worry that the browser will no longer connect to it.

Connect the camera to an NVR PoE port.
Access the NVR web GUI and do the 'Manual add' and set the target IP address to 10.1.1.100 with ONVIF and the known logonID/password.
When you had the camera working OK connected to the router, was the port in the NVR manual add set to 80?
You sir, are my hero!! It works LOL. Amazing. Now I need to try and do the same for my second camera!! What Ip address should i give the next one do you know?

Thanks again, you have saved me so much headache!!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Now I need to try and do the same for my second camera!!
Hey, well done!

What Ip address should i give the next one do you know?
It's arbitrary, just needs to be in the same address range, but it makes sense to use sequential addresses.
So - suggest 10.1.1.101 with the other network settings the same as the other camera.

Reaction score
Hey, well done!

It's arbitrary, just needs to be in the same address range, but it makes sense to use sequential addresses.
So - suggest 10.1.1.101 with the other network settings the same as the other camera.
Perfect, both cams now up and running.

One last question, I promise, The 2nd camera, i changed the ip address before i changed the language set from chinese to English, so now it says the day in chinese on the corner of the screen, how can I log back into the camera and change this now i have changed the address? as when i try to connect to the new ip via IE, it just doesnt work
Thanks

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Does the NVR have what looks like an Internet Explorer icon on the camera configuration page? If so, click on that to connect through the NVR to the camera.

Alternatively, temporarily change the IP address of the PC to one on the same range as the cameras, say 10.1.1.200 and connect the PC to an unused NVR PoE port. Then you can access the cameras at their new IP address.