New older member from Oz

Bazzle

n3wb
Reaction score
Gooday, bazzle from Oz
Been a techie most of my life and have always attempted to do everything myself.
Have been a reader on this site for a couple of years and found it useful.
This time I need to ask for help re an Dahua nvr I have so I will make a post under nvr's
cheers

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
Youngsters are always welcome, Bazzie. I've got you beat by more than a few.

joey_boy

n3wb
Reaction score
DS-2CD3T20D-I5 anyone help me for the password? thanks,or default admin and password or how to reset to factory?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Default passwords have not been a feature of the firmware for quite a while - way back they were 12345 and 123456789abc
A new device will be 'Inactive' requiring a new, strong, password to be set.
Check the status with SADP - Download | Tools - Hikvision

And if the firmware is old enough to have the Hikvision backdoor (older than 5.4.41) - try the updated password reset tool from here : Hikvision camera admin password reset tool

Or - check the camera for a reset button.

Reaction score
Consider it a compliment.
Hey there Alastair,

I did a firmware upgrade on my Hikvision NVR. Had a upgrade path for my setup so if your Firmware is X then you need to update it to X before going to 4.x anyway did that and it did take. But unfortunately now when I try to log in there are no users to select from in the drop down. Do you know a fix for this?

Cheers

Mark

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
But unfortunately now when I try to log in there are no users to select from in the drop down.
I think we've seen a few posts about that type of problem - it sounds like a configuration file corruption / incompatibility.
Unfortunately I don't know of a magic fix for this.
Check if the (unspecified) NVR still supports the Hikvision tftp updater, to re-apply the same version of firmware.
Normally, this would reset the configuration back to defaults.
The tftp updater tool (but not the firmware) is at the second dropbox link here : Custom Firmware Downgrader 5.3.0 Chinese to 5.2.5 English
If the firmware file is larger than 32MB, you'll need the tftp emulator from here : scottlamb/hikvision-tftpd