New Panoramic Cams from Dahua

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
The Bullet IPC-PFW8800-A180 also very heavy, around 3kg, so you can image~ LOL, hope to see your testing report soon@jstabb

jstabb

n3wb
Reaction score
damn, you bought one? how much was it and what are you using it for?
I got a price break in exchange for being the first one to buy (and test) one, but I believe they're going for ~$650. I'll be using it as an overview camera for the whole front side of the house. Really though, it's so that the Mrs. only has to monitor one feed to keep an eye on the kids when they're playing out front.
Pics or it didnt happen :D
Heh, pics will come.
The Bullet IPC-PFW8800-A180 also very heavy, around 3kg, so you can image~ LOL, hope to see your testing report soon@jstabb
I'll hopefully be able to start testing it out this weekend.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I got a price break in exchange for being the first one to buy (and test) one, but I believe they're going for ~$650. I'll be using it as an overview camera for the whole front side of the house. Really though, it's so that the Mrs. only has to monitor one feed to keep an eye on the kids when they're playing out front.

Heh, pics will come.

I'd but a certain cam to make my wife happy in a second.

Mike Mo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Heh, pics will come.

Any updates?

ldasilva

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
this would be a good camera to replace the 3 i have in front so i can add more :)

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
With a DORI distance of recognize = 26' and ID of 13',(for the PFW8800-A180), it seems like generic overview use would be all it is good for unless you mounted it quite low and then only if expected intruder walking path was funneling toward the camera.

I cannot tell from specs if it is a forced stitched into a single image as the only option or if you could pull separate 4 camera streams.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Has anyone here purchased one of the 3x2mp or 4x2mp cameras or know of a good review yet?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Seems no guy do this, i will get some testing pics when i get the cam, some clients booked 10pcs for this model from CANADA.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
FYI: My curiosity got the better of me and I ordered the IPC-PDBW8800-A180 from Andy. I'll keep you all in the loop as I test it out.
@sjtabb, did you ever install and test this camera? Would love to see some install pics to get an idea of actual size when mounted on a house and of the day\night video quality of course if you have any.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Man the looks of IPC-PFW8800-A180 the camera itself is so Nice, So does anyone know how blueiris handle this camera ?
that camera has separate 2mp sensors and you can view each one as a separate stream. I dont know if the camera can send all of them via rtsp/onvif as a single cam to BI.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Looks like the IPC-PFW8800-A180 actually has 4 x 2mp cameras.
From looking at a few old YouTube videos they show all 4 cameras stiched as one image, but I believe thy would be using a Dahua NVR in those examples...They don't really say. I'd guess they stich together from the camera so any output, like throu b Bi would likely show as 1 image...but I'm just guessing as to what sounds logical to me. These are REALLY big cameras from what I saw in a video when a guy unboxed one. It would be nice to have 1 stream showing all four vs the not so great fish eye ones. I imagine baND width feeding all four would be pretty high

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like the IPC-PFW8800-A180 actually has 4 x 2mp cameras.
From looking at a few old YouTube videos they show all 4 cameras stiched as one image, but I believe thy would be using a Dahua NVR in those examples...They don't really say. I'd guess they stich together from the camera so any output, like throu b Bi would likely show as 1 image...but I'm just guessing as to what sounds logical to me. These are REALLY big cameras from what I saw in a video when a guy unboxed one. It would be nice to have 1 stream showing all four vs the not so great fish eye ones. I imagine baND width feeding all four would be pretty high
It would be no different than 4 1080p cameras .
Here is a shot of this camera in blue iris
No video troubleshooting IPC-PFW8800-A180
There is a 3 sensor variant as well Dahua TechnologyUltra Series 6MP Outdoor Network Panoramic Bullet Camera with Night Vision

ZrC

n3wb
Reaction score
The IPC-PFW8800-A180 like the 3 sensor model can only be viewed as a single stitched stream with no option to view each camera.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks
So the IPC-PFW8800-A180 appears rather large and I think is still quite pricey.
Do you think I could get close to the same coverage with two side by side 5321s or one of those dual lens
HDBW4231F dome camera models?
I like the idea of the IPC-PFW8800-A180 and convenience of one POE connection and the one image stream and large range of vert and horizontal view of basically 4 cameras in one stream as a backyard overview option but the price and size may be a choking point.