New range of Hikvision IP NVR's?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It does look like the one you linked to is like the one I bought but with no POE.
The performance capability measures published are the aggregate LAN traffic inbound of 100Mbps which up from what I believe is the up to 80Mpbs of the 76xx series, and the maximum camera sensor of 6MP as opposed to 5MP of the 76xx series.
What would also be a useful performance comparison though I've never seen it published would be the CPU type/speed and the RAM size.
The 7816N-E2/8P shows a 2GHZ ArmV7 hi3535 dual-core processor with 500MB RAM.

Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the thread guys.. I will add my version to the mix for data..
DS7608NI-E2/8P
sitting at 3.0.5 build 140909
8 ports POE,
2 hdd ports,
no VT on boot up,but has option to enable it..
auto set POE subnet no changes
seems to be pretty solid.
only issue, I cant get it to work with a gv cb120 on onvif settings.. hope this helps..

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Are you confident that you have the ONVIF port so it can be configured in the ONVIF settings on the NVR?
In my experience - it's not often mentioned in user manuals.
A really handy tool for ONVIF devices, if you haven't come across it already, is the Windows open-source tool 'ONVIF Device Manager' from sourceforge.net
It will tell you loads about the camera. The ONVIF port is shown in the URI at the bottom of the 'Identification' page.
Just checked the Geovision user manual - it doesn't seem to specify the ONVIF port - in its 654 (!!!) pages either.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Where did you find the Virtual Host enable? I've checked all the remote config pages on the 3.0.8 firmware of the 7816N-E2/8P and can't find any mention.

Reaction score
under config/networksettings/advanced/ small check box under line for multi cast address..

I was able to get the gv 120 working by setting the rstp port to 554 and enabling it, then going to the frame rate and size in the camera and setting it to a size that was supported..

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, Dave.
My NVR has a small checkbox under network settings / advanced under Muliticast address - but it's for Telnet. Maybe next firmware rev with any luck.

On the qv 120 - did you give up on the ONVIF and use a generic RTSP selection instead? Did you find what the ONVIF port was and try it?
I've been quite pleased that my odd collection of cameras has been able to be connected OK to the Hikvision NVR, both under ONVIF and RTSP, at least for continuous recording.

Reaction score
Mine has the telnet right under the VT.. same location, same size box..
I set the rtsp to 554 and the nvr to ONvif.. not sure which one worked.. I was on it for 50 hours with little sleep.. I am not a camera guy by nature, just a good trouble shooter.. I so I thought..

I am a cisco guy, I just wanted cameras in my house.. lol hope this helps someone.