New Raspberry Pi camera with interchangeable lenses w/ 12.3MP Sony IMX477

iseeker

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone interested? Would love to hear those with knowledge on sensors to weigh in on the IMX477.

"Raspberry Pi Press has also published a new 132-page official camera guide for the HQ Camera, which explains how to turn a Raspberry Pi into a powerful camera that can take stills and video footage. One interesting application is the Car Spy Pi, which explains how to use the HQ Camera and Raspberry Pi with open-source automatic number-plate recognition software." I'm assuming this is just using OpenALPR but manual costs $10.

vandyman

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Anyone interested? Would love to hear those with knowledge on sensors to weigh in on the IMX477.

"Raspberry Pi Press has also published a new 132-page official camera guide for the HQ Camera, which explains how to turn a Raspberry Pi into a powerful camera that can take stills and video footage. One interesting application is the Car Spy Pi, which explains how to use the HQ Camera and Raspberry Pi with open-source automatic number-plate recognition software." I'm assuming this is just using OpenALPR but manual costs $10.

Nice post.
But the price is too high.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

iseeker

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nice post.
But the price is too high.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
Yeah. $50 for camera. +$25 for wide angle lense. +50 for tele lense. I'm sure people will do cool stuff with it though.