New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No I wasn't aware? would you happen to have a link, and hopefully the link has instructions as clear as the ones your originally provided?
Thank you,
Wade
Hopefully this read will help you...
DOORBELL 101

mitchrapp

n3wb
Reaction score
I am getting choppy recordings occasionally in BI (low fps and missing parts). All my other cameras in BI record smoothly. I have this set to 15 fps. Could this be a wifi issue (as my other cameras are hardwired)? The signal strength is around 76%. There was not any heavy network usage at the times of choppy recordings. I read earlier about switching to 2.4 GHz, but could not find where to do that in either the EZVIZ app, batch config tool, or ivms-4200 client. The loical SD card recording is fine and smooth, just the recording in BI is the problem.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes you can. What I have done is using the sharing funcion under the account button of the ezviz app.
Oh I need to set up share function .. I saw that setting somewhere. Thanks I will go look.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am getting choppy recordings occasionally in BI (low fps and missing parts). All my other cameras in BI record smoothly. I have this set to 15 fps. Could this be a wifi issue (as my other cameras are hardwired)? The signal strength is around 76%. There was not any heavy network usage at the times of choppy recordings. I read earlier about switching to 2.4 GHz, but could not find where to do that in either the EZVIZ app, batch config tool, or ivms-4200 client. The loical SD card recording is fine and smooth, just the recording in BI is the problem.
Do you have a separate SSID for your 2.4Ghz band? ex. ASUSROUTER24 and ASUSROUTER5 If so, have your DB connect to the 2.4 band.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
u don't have to use the share function in fact i'm sure that most simply use the same login credentials across all shared devices instead
This is what we did and it look like one app would kick the other app offline back and forth.

When I check the app, my wife's app would stop receiving notification. When she check the app would update all those missing notifications then my app would stop receiving notification until I bring it up on my phone then I would start receiving it again.

Maybe we set it up wrong or something but on the doorbell presses, sometime my wife app would get the notification of doorbell being press and my phone will just get nothing so I would have to bring my app up front then both of our phone will get doorbell press notification.

phatboyj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is what we did and it look like one app would kick the other app offline back and forth.

When I check the app, my wife's app would stop receiving notification. When she check the app would update all those missing notifications then my app would stop receiving notification until I bring it up on my phone then I would start receiving it again.

Maybe we set it up wrong or something but on the doorbell presses, sometime my wife app would get the notification of doorbell being press and my phone will just get nothing so I would have to bring my app up front then both of our phone will get doorbell press notification.
Are you using android phones?

phatboyj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
We both have iPhone XR
Sorry then I have no further advice it can't hurt to try the other method as suggested above.

The reason I asked about android is that they have a habit of killing off background services rendering the notification functionality useless until the app is exempted from the battery optimization feature

Good Luck Hope you are able to resolve

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes you can. What I have done is using the sharing funcion under the account button of the ezviz app.
We set up a share function and doorbell "Pressed" notification seem to be working every time the button is pressed. However, PIR Event isn't coming up unless we open the notification center in the app and it will refresh with latest PIR events.

Is this normal or we missed a setting somewhere?

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Did it work before adding the second phone? Sometimes mine is intermittent.

Yes it work before adding second phone .. it was intermittent also the doorbell button alert was intermittent too until we changed my wife over to shared device and the doorbell button alert work every time on both phone but the PIR event alert is still intermittent I only had gotten like total of two PIR alert all day today.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just upgraded my RCA doorbell from RCA FW 190124 to latest EZVIZ firmware. Not sure on the manufacture date. Was purchased used off ebay.
Thank you for your share. What feature were you looking for in the EZVIZ FW? Just curious...