New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Not sure. I literally just downloaded the app on both devices and logged in to each.
Logout and remove your account from your wife app. Instead have her create a new account using phone number and a password on her own app

Go to your app and share it by adding your wife phone number in the share setting.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
replying to myself here as I have a few updates on issues I've had:

FYI, I powered it down this morning (flipped the breaker for an hour) and upon reboot, it's no longer pink! No idea what caused it....

I ended up putting in a warranty repair request with RCA (VOXX) and after sending it in (just the doorbell itself, no other accessories, and the Amazon receipt showing it was an open box buy from a 3rd party seller), they sent me back a brand new one, still sealed in the box - great service from RCA!
Thanks for the update...

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
iOS EZVIZ app. I get push notifications when the doorbell rings no problem. But when I try open the app it always asks me to login again
What I found, on Android, is it does randomly do the same but only if I try to launch the App from the motion notification notice. If I launch the App from it's icon then it never ask me to login. This happened in both the LaView ONE and EZVIZ Apps for my wife and I.

Reaction score
So I haven't read through the whole thread but in the 120 or so pages I have skimmed I have not seen an answer to this: Can you set a command with the camera to cast to TV when doorbell is pressed? If so how can this be done? Is there anyone to have Google speakers act as a chime for this doorbell (ezviz)?

Also I can confirm this camera works on DC, and can be used with a Nicor 18888 with a simple modification.

phatboyj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I haven't read through the whole thread but in the 120 or so pages I have skimmed I have not seen an answer to this: Can you set a command with the camera to cast to TV when doorbell is pressed? If so how can this be done? Is there anyone to have Google speakers act as a chime for this doorbell (ezviz)?

Also I can confirm this camera works on DC, and can be used with a Nicor 18888 with a simple modification.
Yes you can cast to chromecast but for the picture to be displayed you have to be using medium video settings.
Do a simple thread search for chromecast for the actual command/procedure

For Google speaker Announce/broadcast.

I have not done this,
but,
with,
a combination,
of,
Tasker,
for android,
and,
NodeRed,
I'm sure,
what you are intending,
can be done.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Do you have an EZVIZ DB? Right now it is the only one that has native Google support.

Doorbell 101

Reaction score
Do you have an EZVIZ DB? Right now it is the only one that has native Google support.

Doorbell 101
That is correct I have the EZVIZ.
Yes you can cast to chromecast but for the picture to be displayed you have to be using medium video settings.
Do a simple thread search for chromecast for the actual command/procedure

For Google speaker Announce/broadcast.

I have not done this,
but,
with,
a combination,
of,
Tasker,
for android,
and,
NodeRed,
I'm sure,
what you are intending,
can be done.
I've already got the cast to AndroidTV working with Ultra Def...though there is a lag in the video. I would really love to setup a way that when the doorbell button is pressed it automatically starts casting to my AndroidTV and/or my Google hub. Can anyone direct me to any sites or posts that might explain how that could be setup?

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That is correct I have the EZVIZ.

I've already got the cast to AndroidTV working with Ultra Def...though there is a lag in the video. I would really love to setup a way that when the doorbell button is pressed it automatically starts casting to my AndroidTV and/or my Google hub. Can anyone direct me to any sites or posts that might explain how that could be setup?
It's not something that natively EZVIZ (or the others) provides, you need automation to do this. You have to intercept the button press through a sensor, and the automation software has to be able to instruct the google/chromecast device to show the video of the videodoorbell. Unfortunately EZVIZ doesn't notify in any way when the button is pressed.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
It's not something that natively EZVIZ (or the others) provides, you need automation to do this. You have to intercept the button press, and the automation software has to be able to instruct the google/chromecast device to open the video of the videodoorbell.

I have chromecast which I haven't used in a long time .. Maybe I will experiment on this .. Is there an app on Chromecast that would be able to stream video from doorbell or rstp?

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have chromecast which I haven't used in a long time .. Maybe I will experiment on this .. Is there an app on Chromecast that would be able to stream video from doorbell or rstp?
I don't use google devices, just amazon. From what I read in various forums, you can use google home devices with the ezviz assistant by saying "google, show camera X on chromecast Y".

I also read that chromecast doesn't support video in UltraHigh def, you have to lower the resolution to make it work, it was a user in this thread IIRC.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't use google devices, just amazon. From what I read in various forums, you can use google home devices with the ezviz assistant by saying "google, show camera X on chromecast Y".

I also read that chromecast doesn't support video in UltraHigh def, you have to lower the resolution to make it work, it was a user in this thread IIRC.
Problem is I am Deaf .. we don't have those speakeeeeyyyy thingieee ... :). I assume I could have Chromecast pull video on Sage Sensor event detected or something .. I will research on this .. Thanks!

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Check this @TechBill:

Reaction score

I can verify I am using Ultra Def with Chromecast currently on my setup.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Good. It was reported by a user in this thread that he could not see any video on Chromecast and EZVIZ support told him to disable encryption and lower resolution. Probably it depends on the chromecast device used.

I will be able to confirm this once I find my Chromecast .. it the 1st generation fob that I paid like 9 dollar for when they first released it to get everyone to buy one.

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Update its fw first. I don't know if it supports those resolutions/codecs. But try it and let us know. :)
Btw Bill, I'm changing topic here: my replacement DB1 is on its way, a brand new one, and I'll need to enable the chime setting, which the new ezviz app does not provide anymore. Which app still offers that config, Guarding Vision? I remember one of your posts about it. Thanks.