New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks for pointing me in the direction of the SSIDs. This made definatly a difference. Unfortunalty i did not succeed in adding the DB1in the hik-connect app.
As a last resort i added the DB1 back in the Ezviz app. During the adding process the question is ask what chime type is used. Behold; my chime works works again. Why this option is vanished as a the normal parameter is beyond me.

As a last effort i flashed back the Ezviz firmware and repeated the adding process.
Long story short and a few hours lost which i ever don't get back; the thing works again.
I don't know why you were not able to use Hik-connect to add the camera. What problems did you have exactly while adding the camera? Did the app find the camera after reset and ssid modification? Where did you find problems precisely?

Why did you flash back ezviz fw? You could've used Guarding Vision since you managed to add the camera through ezviz app. Once the camera is registered in ezviz cloud, you can also use the other apps.

I have my db1 with hikvision fw, added the camera, and I'm able to use EZVIZ app, Hik-connect app, or guarding vision app without issues. And I also have ONVIF due to hikvision fw.

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This is my experience upgrading the firmware from EZVIZ to Hikvision.

I followed Alexdelprete's recipe but with a different path:

1. Using Batch Configuration, I upgraded the firmware from EZVIZ to Hikvision. I did not reboot at this point.
2. I then click the Restore Default Configuration button to select "Restore Partial Configuration".
3. The EZVIZ DB reboots automatically and goes into configuration mode with the blue light flashing. The DB access point remained at EZVIZ_SerialNumber. So no need to change SSID.
4. I started the EZVIZ Android app and delete the existing EZVIZ firmware DB. I then click the add button to add a new DB. It found the Hikvision firmware EZVIZ DB and began the setup process. The doorbell chime type selection was there as part of the setup (but disappeared after the setup).
5. After I completed the setup, the DB is working as before but now I have onvif support.

The firmware upgrade process is super smooth and no surprises (except for the one below)

Only 1 small issue is that I now have the EZVIZ logo on the cam and no way to get rid of it.

Just sharing my 2 cents.
My procedure is exactly what you did for the first 2 points: upgrade, reset, auto-reboot. :)

If it didn't change the SSID, it means the reset didn't complete. I can assure you that when you reset, the SSID is softap_ unfortunately.

Regarding the logo issue: what is your cam's vendor/model? what fw did you use before the upgrade?

aralos1999

n3wb
Reaction score
My cam is the EZVIZ DB1 with the latest 200220 firmware. I am just wondering by doing the partial instead of full default restore resulted in the DB keeping the SSID?

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My cam is the EZVIZ DB1 with the latest 200220 firmware. I am just wondering by doing the partial instead of full default restore resulted in the DB keeping the SSID?
Personally, I used the one inside Batch Config and it always resets the SSID to softap. But someone said that doesn't reset everything, so for the procedure I suggested the other ones on the main screen of BC.

1589399786700.png

Paul D

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm sure this was asked and answered elsewhere, But I'm not seeing it. Can I use this process to update an RCA doorbell with currently running laview FW to
EZVIZ FW, to disable the outdoorchime, then load hikvision to get ONVIF back, but might have a logo on the screen?

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

phatboyj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm sure this was asked and answered elsewhere, But I'm not seeing it. Can I use this process to update an RCA doorbell with currently running laview FW to
EZVIZ FW, to disable the outdoorchime, then load hikvision to get ONVIF back, but might have a logo on the screen?
I'm almost positive that it was confirmed by @alexdelprete,
sometime in the last week,
that,
the outdoor chime off settings only stick,
when,
using the Ezviz Model with the Ezviz FW
with other configs the setting is available but it doesn't stick

Last edited:

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You need ezviz fw to disable outdoor chime. When you upgrade you have to reset settings to avoid weird issues, so it won't stick.

Jack007

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't know why you were not able to use Hik-connect to add the camera. What problems did you have exactly while adding the camera? Did the app find the camera after reset and ssid modification? Where did you find problems precisely?

Why did you flash back ezviz fw? You could've used Guarding Vision since you managed to add the camera through ezviz app. Once the camera is registered in ezviz cloud, you can also use the other apps.

I have my db1 with hikvision fw, added the camera, and I'm able to use EZVIZ app, Hik-connect app, or guarding vision app without issues. And I also have ONVIF due to hikvision fw.
What the problem exactly was i'm not sure. The app recognized the DB1. It ran through the setup but did not add it to hik-connect. I repeated this procedure several times.
I had a simular problem with a hikvision camera on hik-connect. To make that work Hikvision support had to do something on their side. Maybe its a regional thng.

I reflashed the Ezviz firmware back because the hikvision firmware has no advantages for me and I like the option that can turn off the outdoor chime sound.
Also the hikvision firmware should enable onvif which would be an advantage for me. But for some reason my NAS (Asustor) does not recognize it as onvif. So, also no advantage.

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What the problem exactly was i'm not sure. The app recognized the DB1. It ran through the setup but did not add it to hik-connect. I repeated this procedure several times.
I had a simular problem with a hikvision camera on hik-connect. To make that work Hikvision support had to do something on their side. Maybe its a regional thng.

I reflashed the Ezviz firmware back because the hikvision firmware has no advantages for me and I like the option that can turn off the outdoor chime sound.
Also the hikvision firmware should enable onvif which would be an advantage for me. But for some reason my NAS (Asustor) does not recognize it as onvif. So, also no advantage.
When you configure a camera on ezviz mobile app, you can install hikvision-connect app and see that when you start it and login, you will see the configured camera. That's because the cloud service that is used is the same.

Hikvision firmware is perfectly ONVIF compliant. The fact that your sw/hw doesn't recognize it doesn't mean the problem relies on the device/firmware. You can use a tool like ONVIF Device Manager to determine if a camera is ONVIF compliant.

I'm sorry for all these problems, hopefully you'll manage to solve them in future.

aralos1999

n3wb
Reaction score
Just to clarify the logo issue on the Hikvision FW on the DB1. I DO NOT have a logo using the Android EZVIZ app, I only get the logo with the Onvif streams and Onvif jpgs.

Last edited:

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
DB2 flyer = "DB1 battery-only" version ? I thought it was DB1 (AC/DC power) plus a battery. That would've been interesting. If it's ONLY battery, I don't like it.

1589484247195.png1589484259087.png

Reaction score
Curious if anyone has opened it up? I’m wondering if it would be possible to physically rotate the sensor to get 180° horizontal FOV and 105° vertical. I’ll be using Blue iris so can rotate the view back 90°. My current DB1 is 180 horizontal and I really like that, but that’s about it about the DB1.

Savage007

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm using a script to capture an image from the RTSP stream. I'm using Domoticz on a Linux server. So when the Ezviz DB1 button is pressed my zwave sirene is triggered and the script captures an image and send it to Pushover.

BTW i hope that the Ezviz firmware will also contain the ONVIF option soon. Does anybody know if that option will be available on the Ezviz DB1?
Hi, how did you get the Ezviz DB1 button to work? is the device available in domoticz

Dewcal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My first post as a three day old owner of EZVIZ DB1 in the UK. Am just (trying to) use the DB1 on it's own powered by a GROTHE GT3139 12v 1A transformer. (I did have an electronic chime - GROTHE CROMA 100A - but will try to get doorbell to work before adding that complication!). I would like to thank all previous contributors for the information provided and especially David L for his 101 compilation - essential reading for a "newbie" to video doorbells.
Direct connection to transformer using supplied "resistor" - distance of bell from transformer = 15" if it makes any difference.
Used freshly downloaded EZVIZ app on Android to set up and configure bell on 2.4GHz network. It was on FW 190304 (so not new stock?) and as part of setup upgraded to FW V5.2.4 200220 and I allocated a fixed IP address by binding MAC on router. So far so good.....
Went to Blue Iris and selected "Add camera" - put in IP address, name and password and did a "Find" - next thing there is image on screen and I can select areas not to trigger and send alerts - excellent.
Since then I find that I have a consistent image / recording / alerts on BI but the bell keeps going "offline". While I can go into Batch Configuration, select device and refresh, it shows as online on PC but not on EZVIZ app on phone. I assume "offline" means that the bell cannot communicate with the host / cloud server? SADP also shows bell as "active".
Whilst in this "offline" state I get no notification of bell presses.
I have no wish to store anything on the EZVIZ cloud but cannot see any way to disable the "free trial" - have I missed anything here? I have NOT signed up for any extension to the free trial.
My internet connection has a whopping 1Mbs upload speed - don't laugh, the benefits of living in rural UK.... but at least it is consistent.
The only way I have found to be able to get the bell back online for the phone app is to remove faceplate and go through the reset procedure - please tell me that I have missed an obvious way of getting the bell back on line? While a painful waste of time, how do you do it if you are travelling?
Hope these ramblings make some sense - I am now going to take faceplate off and reset / repair the bell again - fifth time so far.....
Any help would be appreciated.

PS - Went through the reset procedure and the bell stayed on line for 10 minutes .... BI feed is still constant!

Last edited:

andycots

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hmm I'm seeing the number of Events increasing every second in the status console:

View attachment 51619

It stops incrementing if I disable the ONVIF events in the Video section for the camera. I wonder why that event is triggering when the PIR sensor isn't being triggered.
Has anyone any idea why the ONVIF events just keep rising, even though no pir event.

Cheers

phatboyj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My first post as a three day old owner of EZVIZ DB1 in the UK. Am just (trying to) use the DB1 on it's own powered by a GROTHE GT3139 12v 1A transformer. (I did have an electronic chime - GROTHE CROMA 100A - but will try to get doorbell to work before adding that complication!). I would like to thank all previous contributors for the information provided and especially David L for his 101 compilation - essential reading for a "newbie" to video doorbells.
Direct connection to transformer using supplied "resistor" - distance of bell from transformer = 15" if it makes any difference.
Used freshly downloaded EZVIZ app on Android to set up and configure bell on 2.4GHz network. It was on FW 190304 (so not new stock?) and as part of setup upgraded to FW V5.2.4 200220 and I allocated a fixed IP address by binding MAC on router. So far so good.....
Went to Blue Iris and selected "Add camera" - put in IP address, name and password and did a "Find" - next thing there is image on screen and I can select areas not to trigger and send alerts - excellent.
Since then I find that I have a consistent image / recording / alerts on BI but the bell keeps going "offline". While I can go into Batch Configuration, select device and refresh, it shows as online on PC but not on EZVIZ app on phone. I assume "offline" means that the bell cannot communicate with the host / cloud server? SADP also shows bell as "active".
Whilst in this "offline" state I get no notification of bell presses.
I have no wish to store anything on the EZVIZ cloud but cannot see any way to disable the "free trial" - have I missed anything here? I have NOT signed up for any extension to the free trial.
My internet connection has a whopping 1Mbs upload speed - don't laugh, the benefits of living in rural UK.... but at least it is consistent.
The only way I have found to be able to get the bell back online for the phone app is to remove faceplate and go through the reset procedure - please tell me that I have missed an obvious way of getting the bell back on line? While a painful waste of time, how do you do it if you are travelling?
Hope these ramblings make some sense - I am now going to take faceplate off and reset / repair the bell again - fifth time so far.....
Any help would be appreciated.

PS - Went through the reset procedure and the bell stayed on line for 10 minutes .... BI feed is still constant!
Welcome,
@Dewcal, :headbang:
Just my 2 cents on your issues,
In my opinion,
if you intend to ,
"eventualy"'
add,
a Chime
and,
if,
"the info you provided",
is,
True,
Then,
I fear,
you will be,
"majorly/severely",
underpowering the device,
if,
What you stated, about your, "GROTHE GT3139 12v 1A transformer",
is true.

In the simplest terms,
You will need,
a larger Transformer,

The 101 has a complete section on this issue,
but,
to summarize,
You need to look for and purchase at least,
a 16V 20VA Transformer,
but,
a 16V30VA is the preferred for most of our forum members,
some,
have even gone larger using 24V for example. Especially if powering 2 DB's, "front & back", for example, in that case, I would go with, a 24V 40VA Trans

One Question,

I would ask,
"Not related to your Trans",

is,

how far is you DB from your wireless access point?

However,

I would still, start by providing adequate power to your new device before doing any further trouble shooting,
Unless, you are simply, setting up as a test bench, "sort of scenario", then, without the chime, 12V 1A may be, just barely enough.
if, the later, is the case, you might, then, go ahead, and, try, moving your access point closer, temporarily, as, 1A, even in a test bench scenario, may not, be enough, to, adequately power, the DB's streaming process, and, the DB's, internal Wifi Radio simultaneously, Thus making it drop the connection.
But, I just doubt, that moving it closer, will, help much, as, I still think, 1A, is, simply starving, the DB of power.

Good Luck,
and, again,
Welcome to the forum

Last edited: