New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

kamakazie2

n3wb
Reaction score
When you ADDED the VDB to the app did you set the CHIME to mechanical ? What APP did you setup with and what kind of chime do you have? ( I was guessing mechanical )
Reset it up.. had it set to None.. (facepalm).. it works perfectly now and all onvif functions work.

thanks!

kamakazie2

n3wb
Reaction score
We're here to read these kind of messages. Too bad ezviz/hikvision/nelly's/etc. don't pay us. :winktongue:
Ive been on the discovery side of many of these things so im happy to find an already expanded thread :) the work that has gone into the 101 page is insane.. i cant thank you all enough for the work.

at the least they should give you a few free doorbells lol

alekslyse

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
One thing I have not thought about, and that is the "ding-dong"-part of it. I have an old one, probably made for 8 or 12v. What is the worst thing that can happen if I feed it 16 or 24 volts? Or do I need to buy a new one of those too?

20200810_161855.jpeg

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
One thing I have not thought about, and that is the "ding-dong"-part of it. I have an old one, probably made for 8 or 12v. What is the worst thing that can happen if I feed it 16 or 24 volts? Or do I need to buy a new one of those too?

View attachment 71776
Install the power-kit and try it. If you hear a strange and loud sound probably it means it's overpowered.

alekslyse

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Install the power-kit and try it. If you hear a strange and loud sound probably it means it's overpowered.
you are right, probably won’t blow up at least. I see it’s a friedeland 117 and see people use it for nest hello, though max 16v by connecting the 8 and 24v on the transformator.

good to test as it’s the most common doorbell in Norway so a as good reference for others

CBC185F3-A79B-4B90-A81B-C489E4DCDE0F.jpeg

rayt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
so my transformer works fine. camera never loses connection. my chime works. when i removed that powerkit at the doorbell, my chime goes off. Is that a normal reaction, removing the powerkit at the chime, causing it to go off? i did switch from ezviz app to hikvision app at some point . but i'm not sure this is the cause?
my ezviz cam is running laview firmware for onvif.

RogerFar

n3wb
Reaction score
Again after about 2 weeks again the live stream is all choppy and drops frames like crazy.

Could it be the higher voltage (24v) that makes the device to beserk? At this point I'm better off having a scheduled task rebooting the thing every night..

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
so my transformer works fine. camera never loses connection. my chime works. when i removed that powerkit at the doorbell, my chime goes off. Is that a normal reaction, removing the powerkit at the chime, causing it to go off? i did switch from ezviz app to hikvision app at some point . but i'm not sure this is the cause?
my ezviz cam is running laview firmware for onvif.
Why did you remove the power-kit?

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Again after about 2 weeks again the live stream is all choppy and drops frames like crazy.

Could it be the higher voltage (24v) that makes the device to beserk? At this point I'm better off having a scheduled task rebooting the thing every night..
I've always used a 24V transformer, no issues. But I reboot the camera every X days.

rayt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Why did you remove the power-kit?
its back in. i wanted to see if its possible for powerkit to be defective. I think its some software glitch i have with the doorbell where its not sending the signal to chime.

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
its back in. i wanted to see if its possible for powerkit to be defective. I think its some software glitch i have with the doorbell where its not sending the signal to chime.
Install Guarding Vision and in the options you'll find that the chime is disabled. It happens. Re-enable it and you will solve the issue.

rayt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Install Guarding Vision and in the options you'll find that the chime is disabled. It happens. Re-enable it and you will solve the issue.
i have that option in hikvision app. but it didn't work, i will try guarding vision and see if its any different.

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
i have that option in hikvision app. but it didn't work, i will try guarding vision and see if its any different.
Nope, it's the same. If it's enabled in HV app, you'll find it enabled also in GV app.

Tried disabling the option and then re-enabling it? Does the chime work if you shorten the wires? First check if the chime's working by itself.

DJConan

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been searching for a solution to my chime issue. About a week ago, I installed the EZViz DB1 device. Everything was working. A few days later, I remember receiving a delivery and the indoor chime worked. Some time after that, I came to realize the chime was not working anymore. Yesterday, I replaced the 16/10 trans with a 16/30 trans. Still no chime. Today I shorted the wires at the door and it rang. I reconnected the DB1 and no chime. Everything else works.

I see you suggested to the other person to install GV, so I d/led the app. In this app, there is an option to enable and disable the inside chime? I have been using the EZViz app up to this point. I installed GV app but it will not let me log in. I used the "forgot password" option, received the code, entered new password and all looked good...until I tried to log in and I continually receive the message "Enter a correct account and select a correct region." Meanwhile, I see that my password updated in the EZViz app according to the new password I just set up in GV. I have no idea how to get into the GV app. When I try to create a new account, my phone number and e-mail address are already linked and it will not let me use those.

I was able to log in with the same information to guardingvision.com, but I don't see any options for enabling/disable the chime on the web interface. I don't see an option to do this in the EZViz app either.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,
Mark

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've been searching for a solution to my chime issue. About a week ago, I installed the EZViz DB1 device. Everything was working. A few days later, I remember receiving a delivery and the indoor chime worked. Some time after that, I came to realize the chime was not working anymore. Yesterday, I replaced the 16/10 trans with a 16/30 trans. Still no chime. Today I shorted the wires at the door and it rang. I reconnected the DB1 and no chime. Everything else works.

I see you suggested to the other person to install GV, so I d/led the app. In this app, there is an option to enable and disable the inside chime? I have been using the EZViz app up to this point. I installed GV app but it will not let me log in. I used the "forgot password" option, received the code, entered new password and all looked good...until I tried to log in and I continually receive the message "Enter a correct account and select a correct region." Meanwhile, I see that my password updated in the EZViz app according to the new password I just set up in GV. I have no idea how to get into the GV app. When I try to create a new account, my phone number and e-mail address are already linked and it will not let me use those.

I was able to log in with the same information to guardingvision.com, but I don't see any options for enabling/disable the chime on the web interface. I don't see an option to do this in the EZViz app either.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,
Mark
Did you read just (at least) the last 2-3 pages of this thread? Or maybe the 101 document linked in my signature? That would be my suggestion. :)

When you configured the DB1 with ezviz app, did you configure the chime? mechanical or electonic chime? the problem is that after the first config, the ezviz app doesn't let you change the chime options, they removed the option menu from the app. So, in your specific case, if you can't manage to use GV app, or Hikivision mobile app, which have the chime options menu always available, also after the first configuration of the doorbell, what you can do with EZVIZ mobile app is remove the camera from the app, and reconfigure it from scratch, like you just got out of the box now. So add the camera again from the app, and the wizard, once it sees the camera, will then also ask you if you have a chime connected, what type of chime and if you want to enable it.

You did install the power-kit of the DB1 right?