New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
its not the power kit, i have a spare camera around and i replaced the power kit. my chime still doesn't work
i guess many people are having the chimes stop working out of the blue
i have a ezviz installed, previously running laview firmware, tried hikvision firmware, chime still doesnt work
i have a laview camera sitting around, will try to run that tomorrow and see if this works.
So even with a new firmware the chime doesn't work? So it's a hw issue. Did you try replacing the camera with the spare one?

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
EZVIZ released a new DB1 firmware today but I don't know what the changes are.

V5.2.4 build 200904

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

V5.2.4 build 200904
If it had ONVIF support it would be the perfect firmware. But I'm not going to try it, hope someone with DB1 and ezviz fw could try ant let us know the updates.

EZVIZ Studio doesn't offer that update, but it's interesting reading the comment of latest ezviz firmware: I bet all issues with the chime not ringing we've seen lately are due to this "intelligent linkage" feature. Probably very badly implemented. Maybe they noticed all the support requests and fixed the issue. Let's wait for someone with DB1 and the chime issue and see if it fixes something.

1603301536458.png

Last edited:

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
If it had ONVIF support it would be the perfect firmware. But I'm not going to try it, hope someone with DB1 and ezviz fw could try ant let us know the updates.

EZVIZ Studio doesn't offer that update, but it's interesting reading the comment of latest ezviz firmware: I bet all issues with the chime not ringing we've seen lately are due to this "intelligent linkage" feature. Probably very badly implemented. Maybe they noticed all the support requests and fixed the issue. Let's wait for someone with DB1 and the chime issue and see if it fixes something.

View attachment 73057

I am one of those with chime issue but I am at work right now when I saw the update.

I will test it tonight when I get home.

Maybe @rayt or @grampadeal will test it before me and report here if that fixes the chime issue going around.

Freshmaker

n3wb
Reaction score

V5.2.4 build 200904
I was having issues playing back event videos today in Guarding Vision and I went to check the storage status, as the last time this happened the SD card stopped working for some reason (I just ejected, reinserted and rebooted the doorbell and reinitialized and it worked fine, so I have no idea what happened last time). I noticed that there was new firmware, so I suspected that maybe the firmware needed to be upgraded to be able to playback event videos in the app. I upgraded the firmware and it's working now, but otherwise I can't tell what may have changed.

Joe_mtl

n3wb
Reaction score

V5.2.4 build 200904
Hi
I just upgraded to 20200904 and my db1 doesnt work anymore.
I called support and they tried to reset, to change power supply...everything and still nothing
Even when I reset, the voice tells me that's successfull but te led blue stays steady. It impossible to configure...
I'm chocked....
Anyone can help me please

Joe_mtl

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi
Does someone know how to flash back to the DB1 20191112 ( I think) firmware. If yes, how can I do it please :)
Thanks for your help!

nepats197

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi
I called support and they tried to reset, to change power supply...everything and still nothing
Even when I reset, the voice tells me that's successfull but te led blue stays steady. It impossible to configure...
I'm chocked....
Blue steady light means it's up and running. Flashing blue means it's waiting to be configured. Perhaps the IP address changed and the app is confused? If you go into your router settings (network map), do you see the doorbell connected? ie: E12345678

If so can you access the RTSP feed in VLC player: rtsp:/ /admin:6letterverificationcode@ipaddress:554/Streaming/Channels/101

If this works, I'd try to fully delete/ remove the doorbell from the app and disassociate from your account, clear app cache & data, re-log back in then try re-adding it back in.

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi
I'm chocked....
Blue led steady or RED steady? If it's blue steady it means it's connected, it's the normal state.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Swarm of Gnats at our Doorbell :) It is warm, muggy, humid and very foggy here this morning. I have seen this happen during rain storms, guess the fog brought them in this time. With the IR is looks like snow :)

Attachments

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
New EZVIZ firmware Confirmed on their site, released Oct. 21 (Last-Modified:):

1603365185544.png

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Last edited:

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I received the notification on my phone but since everything including chime is working I’m going to hold off on updating. I’m reading mixed reactions here.