New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks David - for the response and all you've done assembling the info in this very long-running thread into the 101, and the repeat efforts to help people individually. I had already seen the posts from Argus and Skinah by finding them through the 101. So far, I've made attempts with the RCA firmware and the Hik firmware - no luck.

If I can get this thing to respond, goal is to arrive at LaView firmware (which my other two RCAs run) after a brief stint with EzViz firmware to disable the RCA logo from the video output. If I can get it to respond...

This is interesting info - thanks! I don't have any micro sdcards that small. For reference, my other two RCAs came with a 16GB class 10 unbranded card.

I tried repartioning my 16GB card to have just a 1GB FAT32 partition & the rest unallocated, but it didn't help. Just did another retry with 1GB FAT, same result :(

Here is a video of what it's doing. I'm not holding the reset button anymore in the video, but my releasing the button after several minutes of holding it doesn't change the behavior at all.

You can see a short blip at 0:02, longer blip around 0:07, and another short blip around 0:39. That's the only feedback I'm getting, in a loop.
Really hope you find a solution, would love to add it to our 101. We have been through many ups and downs with this Doorbell, but from what I have read of other Doorbells, they go through similar issues, mainly firmware updates. I bought my LaView last year during the summer, July/August and my concern was the heat this thing puts off, but it made it through two summers so I am good, we live in 100 degree summer weather down here with Feels Like temps 110 or higher. Also high humidity, so this Doorbell has held up pretty good.
Learned a lot about Hivision/EZVIZ and how they do business. I am with Alexdeprete, the EZVIZ has caused us way too many problems. Not sure what is going on with them but only two things I am/we are thankful for is Google/Alexa support...oh and they did allow for On/Off Outdoor Chime Doorbell (Ding-Dong) option.
But this latest Chime Kill issue, what tha? EZVIZ has been a rollercoaster of issues...

davidew98

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Can someone verify all current versions of firmware available. My EZ-Viz app just told me there is a new firmware version for my EZ-Viz doorbell. Right now I'm on the EU version. I'm hoping the new version has support for 256 GB SD cards. when you get to the EZ-Viz versions please check both US and EU versions.

Last edited:

davidew98

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I see from the signature that you're using a 256Gb SDcard with the DB1, does it support all 256Gb or did you format it at 128Gb? There was some rumor that latest fw supported 256Gb Sdcards but never read anyone confirming this.

Thanks.
Sorry been away for a while. currently I have a 64 GB in my cam and my 256 GB in my LG 360 Cam until a firmware that supports it comes out for DB1. I hope the latest firmware has 256 GB support. they say versions higher then 5.2.7 should support 256 GB.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I’m currently writing my EZVIZ DB1’s rtsp stream, as well as an EZVIZ D3WN’s rtsp stream, 24/7 to my Synology Surveillance Station. What else will flashing HikVision firmware that supports ONVIF to my DB1 provide me functionality-wise? For instance, does it pass along PIR motion detection alerts on a secondary channel?

And why the hell does EZVIZ release new firmware and NOT include ONVIF support that their parent company already has working? Rhetorical question, I know...
They don't want to provide support for it and the parent company leave it up to the distributor to leave it or remove it if they want to provide support on it. The parent company just make it and offer this feature but leave the responsibility to the distributor and seller to determine they want to invest time and money to provide support on feature if they think will be useful or not to the public in their countries.

How many customer in USA would actually use the ONVIF feature and most commercial business wouldn't be buying customer grade products anyway. They may have sold hundreds of DB1 in USA but probably only those in this thread are the ones who are using different firmware for ONVIF support where the total number can be counted using your fingers and toes :)

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
EZVIZ release a new app version on Apple store 2 days ago but seem to be mostly home camera related update like for DVR etc.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Can someone verify all current versions of firmware available. My EZ-Viz app just told me there is a new firmware version for my EZ-Viz doorbell. Right now I'm on the EU version. I'm hoping the new version has support for 256 GB SD cards. when you get to the EZ-Viz versions please check both US and EU versions.
101 has all firmware versions except for the EZVIZ, probably the one you are referring to, 200904, we just are waiting for people to Chime in before we post.

davidew98

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
101 has all firmware versions except for the EZVIZ, probably the one you are referring to, 200904, we just are waiting for people to Chime in before we post.
Can you validate that the US or EU version of EZ-Viz firmware is 5.2.7 or higher, if so I'll upgrade just for the 256GB support.

jacha

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, has someone managed to intercept the bell button pressed via api? Or loading a custom firmware that can see this press?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Can you validate that the US or EU version of EZ-Viz firmware is 5.2.7 or higher, if so I'll upgrade just for the 256GB support.
I am sorry I did not keep version # info only build #, 5.2.4 seemed to always be the version # on all firmwares.

1604335498232.png

Last edited:

rayt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ok corrections, my laview doorbell works properly
i replaced my ezviz oem that refused to ring my mechanical chime with a laview oem version, and my chime is back.
i think only ezviz oem versions have the chime issue at the moment?

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
i replaced my ezviz oem that refused to ring my mechanical chime with a laview oem version, and my chime is back.
Thanks for the update!

misally

n3wb
Reaction score
My Hikvision hardware has the same chime issue with the Hikvision firmware. (Though it is possible my chime issue is different from others)

KC8DKT

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Great, if you have some free time please flash your ezviz DB (chime not working) with what ever firmware that is working on your laview (chime IS working) and let us know if the firmware swap fixes the no chime problem on your ezviz, PLEASE, PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE :p

It would help in locking down what is going on with firmware, App, or Hardware being the problem...

Last edited:

rayt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Great, if you have some free time please flash your ezviz DB (chime not working) with what ever firmware that is working on your laview (chime IS working) and let us know if the firmware swap fixes the no chime problem on your ezviz, PLEASE, PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE :p

It would be a huge help in locking this down in terms of firmware, App, or Hardware...
I was running laview 190716 on my ezviz.. didnt chime, i upgraded to latest hikvision firmware, also didn't chime
i have 190716 on my laview, chimes works

KC8DKT

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was running laview 190716 on my ezviz.. didnt chime, i upgraded to latest hikvision firmware, also didn't chime
i have 190716 on my laview, chimes works
Thanks for the update, did you ever have your ezviz powered up WITH OUT a mechanical chime but it was turned ON in the setup options and perhaps pushed the DB ring button?

rayt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the update, did you ever have your ezviz powered up WITH OUT a mechanical chime but it was turned ON in the setup options and perhaps pushed the DB ring button?
Always had a chime connected. Ezviz worked fine for a long time. Then just stopped chiming one day

rayt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
sounds like your ezviz chime relay inside is damaged.
this happened to quite a few people on this thread. it just suddenly happened. i believe so far all reports are for ezviz units.
ezviz also released a wireless chime that syncs to the db1.
i think the ezviz backend disabled the relay.. if anything.

davidew98

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
this happened to quite a few people on this thread. it just suddenly happened. i believe so far all reports are for ezviz units.
ezviz also released a wireless chime that syncs to the db1.
i think the ezviz backend disabled the relay.. if anything.
make sure your using the little power thing inside your chime box