New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

KC8DKT

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
FIrst off thanks to this forum and its users as the information helped me choose my doorbell. The amount of information in this thread is daunting. I went with a Hikvision DS-HD1 and the installation went smoothly. The question I have to the knowledgeable users is: Are you okay with running Hik-Connect on your phone ? Is it a security issue ? I am currently using DS Cam app but it doesn't have 2-way audio available so that is the only reason I would like to go back to Hik-Connect as it lets you have a conversation through your phone with the person at the door.

No more then any other VDB phone app. Like all apps its up too you how much access you feel conferrable giving it. On the plus side the video feed (or saved video files) is nothing more then some one driving by your house would see.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just got it figured out. I got hung up on trying to enable it. I got it working now in Home Assistant. I was able to add it in Surveillance Station but I'm getting a gray screen. Any thoughts?
I don't have Synology but several here do. @alexdelprete would be able to help you, he will Chime in...
Disable video encryption? Only thought...

rayt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't have Synology but several here do. @alexdelprete would be able to help you, he will Chime in...
i think video encryption is only in regards to the microsd card. The stream itself isn't protected by this feature.
The only time i had a grey screen in synology was when i had the capabilities of the camera set wrong. That or a weak connection that dropped a lot.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
i think video encryption is only in regards to the microsd card. The stream itself isn't protected by this feature.
The only time i had a grey screen in synology was when i had the capabilities of the camera set wrong. That or a weak connection that dropped a lot.
Only reason I mentioned it is you have to disable video encryption for Echo or Google to work. Just not sure how Synology gets its RTSP feed.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Im a long time lurker on this post, eagerly waiting to see someone pop up with a solution to intercept the doorbell push in openhab.
Then i can use my google home speakers to play a sound when the doorbell has been pressed.
You have several options: using SAGE zigbee sensor or firefly electronix doorbell sensor (wifi+MQTT). I have both. They work perfectly.

Here is an example of the DNS request that is been made everytime the doorbell is pressed:
12/11/2020 11:01:58 0C04 PACKET 00000231F06CBFF0 UDP Rcv 192.168.1.37 0030 Q [0001 D NOERROR] A (5)alarm(2)eu(2)s3(9)amazonaws(3)com(0)
This is interesting, but I see no specific characteristic of the button press event. You should trace all common events (motion detection, etc.), capture those requests, so we can understand if there is something in that request that allows us to distinguish the various events. Cool finding. :)

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes, encryption has to be disabled. The RTSP stream is encrypted if that option is turned on. That's why to work with Alexa/Google Home, etc. you need to disable it.

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Nope. The RTSP stream is encrypted. In order for other NVR (hw or sw) or systems (Alexa/Google Home) to receive the stream in clear is to disable the option.

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I think your the first person to detect a button press from the DB out side the phone app
Not true. We intercept the button press with sensors on the electrical wires since a long time. SAGE doorbell sensor, or Fireflyelectronix doorbell sensor are the ones I personally tried, and they both work fine.

DeMichell

n3wb
Reaction score
Not true. We intercept the button press with sensors on the electrical wires since a long time. SAGE doorbell sensor, or Fireflyelectronix doorbell sensor are the ones I personally tried, and they both work fine.
True, i saw those solutions. But i could not get over it that i would have to buy an other piece of hardware for such a simple task. Thats why i was looking for a solution with what i have on hands.

Studie

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys, new here. Recently got the camera here in Canada.

Do you guys know if this one will work with any of the firwmares out there?
It is listed as a NDB313-W.

I have had it working directly with the Hikvision software, but in the wifi settings when setting it up, it has an EZVIZ access point.
However, that being said, I seem to have an OEM version of the EZVIZ without the EZVIZ faceplates.

On the hikvision app, there is no update available, and it is a the 5.2.4 191216 build.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys, new here. Recently got the camera here in Canada.

Do you guys know if this one will work with any of the firwmares out there?
It is listed as a NDB313-W.

I have had it working directly with the Hikvision software, but in the wifi settings when setting it up, it has an EZVIZ access point.
However, that being said, I seem to have an OEM version of the EZVIZ without the EZVIZ faceplates.

On the hikvision app, there is no update available, and it is a the 5.2.4 191216 build.
Our Doorbell 101 should help in a lot of your questions...

KC8DKT

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
True but that is not detecting a trigger event in the ONVIF stream like the "remote trigger event" it can pass to NVRs and BlueIris for the PIR.

Studie

n3wb
Reaction score
Our Doorbell 101 should help in a lot of your questions...

So I've read that thoroughly but the list doesn't happen to list the camera that I have from that specific vendor.
Is it safe to say I have a Nellys Security version since I don't have the ezviz badging on the faceplates?
But when trying to connect it to HIK-Connect, it shows up as an EZVIZ hotspot.

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
True but that is not detecting a trigger event in the ONVIF stream like the "remote trigger event" it can pass to NVRs and BlueIris for the PIR.
That depends on the firmware, and it doesn't provide that functionality, so there's no waiting for news in this thread for that, it depends on EZVIZ/Hikvision not from some tweak or finding.

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So I've read that thoroughly but the list doesn't happen to list the camera that I have from that specific vendor.
Is it safe to say I have a Nellys Security version since I don't have the ezviz badging on the faceplates?
But when trying to connect it to HIK-Connect, it shows up as an EZVIZ hotspot.
Use Batchconfig tool and show us the Device Model:

1605382207664.png

misally

n3wb
Reaction score
So if you know the DNS name that is being called, then you have 2 additional options to actually intercept the call.. 1- In your DNS server setup, create a manual entry for that DNS address that points to a server on your local subnet which overrides the external DNS forward. OR in your firewall itself, override the routing of the DNS name/IP address to a local IP.
pfSense can help figure out which port by doing some packet captures, then open that port on your local server and set up a listener than then does "X" action on the ping from the doorbell. Honestly, you probably don't even need to decode the packet if the only thing it's being used for is the doorbell button.
Family members are heading out of town for a bit next week, so I'll have some time to experiment and break things, so I will see what I can do. My problem is that I still can't use an app to configure, BCT only, so I'm not sure my doorbell is configured to try to contact anyplace on push.

craigers

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I have Ezviv DB1 wired up in my livingroom, trying it out before I install it (I'll have to run wiring for it).
It's powered by an 18v plugin power supply right now, with the Power Kit and Honeywell Wired to wireless converter.
Everything works great initially but the doorbell goes from Solid blue to the flashing red light after many hours of being powered on.

Any ideas as to what may be causing this?
Thanks
Craig