New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just wanted to give an update..

Ive owned the RCA doorbell since day 1, and have always had trouble getting the 2 way video to alert me for every doorbell ring. I have an older phone, the Samsung Galaxy S7 with my memory nearly maxed.

I cleaned up the phone today, getting rid of alot of apps I never use. Have about 4 gigs free now. I also double checked that this app can run in the background (turned on something in the battery tab for this app)

I am now 3 for 3 on doorbell pushes now.
Pretty stoked.

I knew it had something to do with this old assss phone, since others had this working fine.
Funny, my wife and I have the same phone. I need to clean both of ours too, actually we need new phones :) They are running REAL slow. Maybe this has been our issue too. What is weird is it is random for us. There are days I can push the button 10 times and get 10 calls, other times 10 pushes would get me 3 calls. One thing that is also funny is both our phones ring at the same time. Why? Well I used my login to the App on her phone too, door button pressed, it will call both phones at the same time. :) So who ever gets to their phone first answers the door...

JonSnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sadly I'm still waiting on my delivery, so I'll ask you all.

Has anyone tried using tinycam to see if 2 way audio works?

I want a fully functional local camera that isn't cloud connected at all.

MCanon160

n3wb
Reaction score
Can you use
I believe it should work fine like any other RTSP/ONVIF cameras that you can view minus IVS capabilities. I occasionally use gDMSS android app with my Dahua 52xx-4ks2 NVR.
awesome thanks! Now I’ll buy this doorbell since I can use the same app as my Dahua cameras

Reaction score
Sadly I'm still waiting on my delivery, so I'll ask you all.

Has anyone tried using tinycam to see if 2 way audio works?

I want a fully functional local camera that isn't cloud connected at all.
I would not expect it to. Ken from Blue Iris recently took a peek at my EZViz and couldn't get it working without a LOT of effort. Hikvision used a different platform and API for this one.

Farmer D

n3wb
Reaction score
I've purchased a few of this doorbell cameras as christmas presents for my family. Over all, they love the image quality. However, they all complain that they have to relog into app (they're using LaView One on iOS) after a day or so, which slows them down when someone presses the doorbell. Anyone else having the same problem?

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
I've purchased a few of this doorbell cameras as christmas presents for my family. Over all, they love the image quality. However, they all complain that they have to relog into app (they're using LaView One on iOS) after a day or so, which slows them down when someone presses the doorbell. Anyone else having the same problem?
never had that issue once. make sure u unselect the fingerprint login. thats the only thing that would slow you down each time....

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Have them try the other Apps., EZVIZ, Hik-Connect, they will most likely have to remove their Doorbell in the LaView ONE App first. Don't worry this is normal. They will need their QR Scan Code though to add the Doorbell to the new App. Some Apps seem to run better based on the phone's O/S version. Also when an App is updated, seems something is fixed and something is broken.
Hope this helps.

Farmer D

n3wb
Reaction score
Hmm I wonder why they all get logged out sporadically. Fingerprint login is not enabled. Image encryption is also not enabled.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I will try Ezivz and see they get logged out.
What we have also noticed is lets say you get a motion notification on your phone, you click on it to launch the App., it ask for your password as if you are logged out in order to view the video of the motion detected. This is random and common, I have used LaView ONE and EZVIZ App on Android and my wife and I have experienced this many times. All you have to do is not launch from the push notification but instead launch the App through your Apps list or from the App. icon.

JonSnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I believe it should work fine like any other RTSP/ONVIF cameras that you can view minus IVS capabilities. I occasionally use gDMSS android app with my Dahua 52xx-4ks2 NVR.
If that's the case will 2 way audio work?

Maybe with the hik connect app?

CrashOne

n3wb
Reaction score
Just got an in app notification that there's a new firmware from EZVIZ available: V5.2.4 build 191211 (I'm now running Laview V5.2.4 build 190716). Looking at just the firmware number, it may actually be an improve version. The change log just mentions that it's now possible to turn the ring tone on/off.

But not upgrading, since I don't know if this firmware supports ONVIF.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just got an in app notification that there's a new firmware from EZVIZ available: V5.2.4 build 191211 (I'm now running Laview V5.2.4 build 190716). Looking at just the firmware number, it may actually be an improve version. The change log just mentions that it's now possible to turn the ring tone on/off.

Thank you for the info. When I get my EZVIZ DB (hopefully in about a week), I will test the 191211 firmware for ONVIF support and let everyone know...

Emiks5

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well

Well switching off the ringtone of the db1 works. Thats one
major improvement. However onvif device manager does notcdetect an onvif endpoint on the db1 io address: 192.168.xxx.xxx/onvif/device_service

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well

Well switching off the ringtone of the db1 works. Thats onw major improvement. However onvif device manager does notcdetect an onvif endpoint on the db1 io address: 192.168.xxx.xxx/onvif/device_service
Did you switch it off in the EZVIZ App?