New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

gnuB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
After looking again I see a MAC version of the Batch Config Tool, can you please verify this Batch Config program works, it will be very similar to the iVMS-4200. Also here is another link: Batch Configuration. If they are the same please let us know.

I do not have a MAC but would like to include the links in the 101 for future MAC users.

Thank You...
These are indeed both the same thing. I am installing and will update thread this evening. Thank you again!

Reaction score
I'm having a little trouble figuring out how to use Batch Config because of the no password warning in the 101...

When opening the batch config tool my camera shows up (EZVIZ DB1) at the bottom, but I can't do anything with it without creating a password at some point.

If I click "One-Touch Configure" then the first thing it does is ask for a password and says it will use it as the device password.
If I click "+ Add" then it asks for a username and password...

Without doing either of these things it doesn't appear I can use the Bath Config tool, am I missing something?

Edit: Never mind, figured it out. username is "Admin" and password is the verification code on reverse of doorbell.

However, I can't access any settings for it.

Last edited:

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
However, I can't access any settings for it.

You should be able to change a few settings with Batch Config.

Exit from Batch Config. Load it again. Click on the upper section box next to the doorbell line. Hit refresh. Then click on configuration icon. Takes a few seconds for it to come up.

Reaction score
The new firmware version for the EZVIZ now has the option of "Smart Chime" - here are some screen grabs of what it looks like if you try and set it up with a rando serial:

Screenshot_20200414_204537_com.ezviz.jpg Screenshot_20200414_204545_com.ezviz.jpg Screenshot_20200414_204646_com.ezviz.jpg

It searches for the chime on WiFi - so it will be triggered within EzViz's ecosystem.

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I can do all of that up to being able to click on the config icon

Well that means you are not logged in as admin or maybe just logged in as an operator.

When you added it did is show up on the top. Don't try to change anything on the bottom section.

Try using iVMS-4200 / configuration instead of the Batch Configuration program.

iVMS4200.jpg

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The new firmware version for the EZVIZ now has the option of "Smart Chime" - here are some screen grabs of what it looks like if you try and set it up with a rando serial:

It searches for the chime on WiFi - so it will be triggered within EzViz's ecosystem.
You have a DB1? Which firmware version are you referring to exactly? I don't see any updates available on mine.

Pliable Pixels

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well, an update.

1. I installed this transformer (30VA 16V)
2. Took out all wires and just connected my doorbell wires to the transformer - one wire to each transformer nut (If you look at the transformer picture in the link above, it doesn't matter which of the two doorbell wire goes to which nut)
3. To re-iterate, that is the only two wires connected to my transformer (doorbell 2 wire)
4. I forgot to add the doorbell fuse (bear with me)
5. Tested that I am getting around 17V from transformer nut. Tested that I am getting around 17V in doorbell wire at doorbell end
6. EZViz app came up, showed my feed. I pressed the button a few times, and got incoming bell notifications.

7. Then the EZViz doorbell stopped working after 5 minutes. I validated that transformer was still ok (17V) and doorbell wire at doorbell end was still working.

Note that in my system, when powered on, the doorbell is always streaming (I have a personal NVR that connects to its RTSP stream).

I've validated that there are no shorts/etc on the wires at least at the ends I can see (and as I said before, my previous video doorbell, DBell, never had these issues)

Questions:
1. If my transformer is putting out 17V how did my EZViz bell stop working? Admittedly I forgot to add the fuse, but the bell is rated 8-24V

Next Steps:
1. I will be getting a new EZViz bell this weekend (this will be my last attempt with this brand) in the hope that something is wrong at the bell end
2. I've also installed an EZViz compatible chime (this product)
3. Once I get my new bell, I plan to wire in the chime along with the bell before I power the circuit breaker on, along with the power adaptor as described in @David L 's diagram

Sigh. What are the chances something will blow again :-( ?

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Then the EZViz doorbell stopped working after 5 minutes. I validated that transformer was still ok (17V) and doorbell wire at doorbell end was still working.

I connected a spare AC transformer in the house for days testing my Hikvision OEM doorbell. It was a direct connect from Transformer to doorbell (2 wires).

When you write "stopped working after 5 minutes" are you saying that a doorbell press didn't illicit any sounds or did your WiFi connection drop?

Personally here do not use any of the cloud applications here for my smart phone access.

Reaction score
I can do all of that up to being able to click on the config icon

Well that means you are not logged in as admin or maybe just logged in as an operator.

When you added it did is show up on the top. Don't try to change anything on the bottom section.

Try using iVMS-4200 / configuration instead of the Batch Configuration program.

View attachment 59491
Can I just confirm that creating a 'super user' in iVMS is not going to bugger up the password for the camera? (just wary of the warning of non-reversible password changes)

EDIT: I went ahead and created a super user for iVMS figuring this was just for the software.

It does appear to allow me to change more setting in iVMS - and it is classifying me as an Administrator under 'priority'. Not sure why Batch Config wasn't working.

Last edited:

Pliable Pixels

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I mean the bell stopped powering up completely

Then the EZViz doorbell stopped working after 5 minutes. I validated that transformer was still ok (17V) and doorbell wire at doorbell end was still working.

I connected a spare AC transformer in the house for days testing my Hikvision OEM doorbell. It was a direct connect from Transformer to doorbell (2 wires).

When you write "stopped working after 5 minutes" are you saying that a doorbell press didn't illicit any sounds or did your WiFi connection drop?

Personally here do not use any of the cloud applications here for my smart phone access.

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I am optimistic that a new one should work fine.

Been following your stuff on Zoneminder for a very long time. It is nice to meet you (virtually) here on the ipcamtalk forum.

Pliable Pixels

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm hopeful too (and is my last resort, before I trash EZViz :) )

Very nice to meet you too - did not know there are ZM/ZMES users here!

I am optimistic that a new one should work fine.

Been following your stuff on Zoneminder for a very long time. It is nice to meet you (virtually) here on the ipcamtalk forum.

klunkerbus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
...Is this a blue battery (CMOS like) in the unit? I remember reading some messages mentioning a battery. ...

View attachment 52757
Replying to an old post... I'm slowly working through the entire thread and this question didn't appear to get answered.

The blue component is an electrolytic capacitor - likely in the power circuit that converts the AC input from the transformer to DC for the video doorbell to function from. It's interesting that there's a connector on that component.

The battery is under the white tag that says, of all things, "Rechargeable Li-ion Polymer Battery". Another battery indication is the yellow wrapper underneath the white label. Small, embedded batteries are often wrapped in what appears to be kapton, which has a yellowish color. The battery will likely fail at some point, so seeing a connector on it is so surprise. Those doing bench testing or bricking recovery that are annoyed by having to wait for the battery to discharge for a full power reset might try unplugging that white connector at the upper left corner.