New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

KlaverBoer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@David L I think installing the EU version of the 200220 firmware may have introduced some odd behavior in my camera. I can not see the RTSP stream at all now.

I tried admin:password@IP:554/Streaming/Channels/101

&

rtsp:/admin:password@IP:554/H.264

Is there a way to disable or enable to RTSP stream?

Nevermind its just not working in synology.. pulls right up on VLC..
@Diabolic i see that you want to add the Ezviz to your Synology. I'm also using xpenology and running a virtual ds918+ with DSM 6.2.2-24922 Update 4 on my esxi 6.7 environment. At first i was not able to add the camera using the User Defined method. I just tried it once more and that still doesn't work. Then i figured it out, with some info from another forum, to create a new config file. And add the camera by using that config file.

But now it is much easier to flash a firmware on the doorbell cam with onvif support. I'm using that too. Adding the cam to the Synology with onvif was a peace of cake.

KlaverBoer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you have any luck finding info on this? I'm seeing the same in my firewall. I'm contemplating blocking that IP
@reallyphil Sorry for my late reply. No i didn't find any info on the Tencent Cloud related to the camera. All the connections from my camera ip is blocked to tencent in Pfsense.

davidew98

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ive had some issues with synology. I have mine currently installed with the RTSP stream but Ive also tried installing it as a onvif device. Id try both ways to see which works.

The onvif way has 2 options. 1. is you install as onvif device with full support and it works sorta, I can not edit the motion detection area. See if you can. THe other is this way creating a custom template.

Template approach:
Try this, this is from@ @KlaverBoer who posted it earlier. My issue is when I add it this way I constantly get disconnects. See if you have better luck, I might have messed part of this up.

You cannot add the Ezviz DB1 camera to your Synology using the normal way. But you must connect to your Synology using SSH.

1) First open a SSH connection to your Synology.
2) Create a new file for example : Ezviz-DB1.conf It should be placed in /var/packages/SurveillanceStation/target/device_pack/camera_support
3) Change the ownership of the file to the same user and group of the other conf files in my case that is SurveillanceStation:SurveillanceStation
4) Edit the Ezviz-DB1.conf file with sudo vi
5) Paste the following lines into the conf file:

[Ezviz*DB1]
api = custom
resolution_h264 = 2048x1536
default_resolution_h264 = 2048x1536
fps_h264_2048x1536 = 5,10,15,20,25,30
fps_h264_1280x720 = 5,10,15,20,25,30
default_fps_h264_2048x1536 = 15
default_image-quality = 5

h264 = rtsp
mpeg4 = rtsp
mjpeg = rtsp
motion = h264,mpeg4,mjpeg

motion_param = sensitivity,threshold
rtsp_keepalive = none
rtsp_protocol = auto,udp,tcp

6) Save and close the file

7) Now go to the Surveillance Station management page
8) Add a new camera. Complete Setup.
9)
Brand: Ezviz
Camera Model: DB1
Port: 554
Username: admin
Password: Activation code of your doorbell
10) Next
11) In the next screen (Video) i did not change anything
12) In the Recording settings. You can change what suits you
13) In the Schedule settings i only use Motion Detection. But Continuous also works fine.
14) Once the camera is added. Now you have to edit the camera
15) In Device Settings go to the Advanced tab
Transport protocol: udp
Streaming Information Source: Streaming
16) Every setting where you can choose the quality i have chosen High Quality.
17) It should work now

The RTSP way is below. It also wroks but again I have been unable to edit the motion area. Maybe it has something to do with firmware though.

<admin>:<pw>@<ipaddr>:554/Streaming/Channels/101

If you have no success with the motion area then it is a firmware issue with Hikvision 200321.
This is ONLY for the NON-ONVIF firmwares. it is prefered to use ONVIF when you have the ONVIF firmwares on the cam.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@David L I'm trying Hikvision fw and was looking for Hik-Connect on google playstore, but couldn't find it. Turns out they are not on playstore anymore for Android.

They setup their own appstore here:
View attachment 60776
Thank you for this info. Will add link in 101. This is not good because most people do not like to use Apps that are not in the Google Store.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Fixed it. I waited 1 hour with the circuit breaker of the cam off, but it still didn't work. So I phisically removed it from the wall, unplugged the power cables, etc. brought it in the house, connected it with my test 12V AC transformer and it finally powered on correctly. :)

I have no idea why simply turning off the circuit breaker for 1 hour is not enough. In any case, I reset it to factory settings with latest Hikvision's fw, and reconfigured it as an ONVIF device with Synology: more options are available with the Surveillance Station software and the ONVIF interface. So now I'm back on track but with some more tweaks. :)

I will test the Hikvision-Connect app a little bit more, but it looks very much similar to Ezviz, with the added bonus that I can configure the chime in this, with the latest Ezviz app the option was not there anymore.
Wow, you had my heart going this morning reading your messages. Strange you had to physically remove it. I know some had removed their wires from their DB, but that did not work with them since they had a solid red light which pretty much = bricked. So, so glad you got it back working, and now with Hik ONVIF. You guys are going to give me a heart attack :)

@David L : remember when I replaced the cam in warranty and the new one could only be accessed with the broken cam's 6-digit enabler code? We thought it could be due to the fact that I restored the configuration on the replacement cam. But that's not the case: after the upgrade from ezviz fw to hikvision fw, I factory reset the cam, reconfigured it from scratch, and it still works only with the original cam's enabler code. I think the code is tied to the serial number of the cam in their cloud, and it is associated with the user account.
So you used your same user account that you did from your first DB right? That makes sense.

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It took me a while to update the stable firmware that I was using on my Nelly DB. So far really not seeing any differences. My two user passwords still work.

I am used to doing a JTAG serial connection to update / change firmware. I do not like doing this over wireless and try not to. Similiarly here have been tinkering with WiFi devices and replacement of firmware with Espurna / Tasmota. I only do this with the wires sometimes temporarily just adding RX, TX, GND wires to traces on the boards.

What can happen when upgrading using wireless is a disconnect while transferring data which can and will brick your device. The best way but not feasible way would be to remove your camera, take it apart and solder a JTAG serial port to it. But it is not easy once you have your camera mounted.

The doorbells are all Hikvision and the firmwares are all a bit tweaked for 3rd party sold doorbells. It would be nice to be able to use one firmware that does everything we need and allows for adjustments of everything we use. I do not think that will happen cuz each third party has their own app but they are all going to the same cloud database.

With RTSP, ONVIF and JPG capturing all software NVRs should work fine these days. Personally here just JPG captures on my very old CE based OmniPro touchscreens which came before RTSP and ONVIF streaming. Finally after many years there appears to be utilized common standards for ONVIF but not so much yet for RTSP streaming or JPG streaming.

So a rambling post here to see if we can come up with an agreed upon firmware update that does all for everybody with the same Hikvision Doorbell (although tweaked per 3rd party).

davidew98

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It took me a while to update the stable firmware that I was using on my Nelly DB. So far really not seeing any differences. My two user passwords still work.

I am used to doing a JTAG serial connection to update / change firmware. I do not like doing this over wireless and try not to. Similiarly here have been tinkering with WiFi devices and replacement of firmware with Espurna / Tasmota. I only do this with the wires sometimes temporarily just adding RX, TX, GND wires to traces on the boards.

What can happen when upgrading using wireless is a disconnect while transferring data which can and will brick your device. The best way but not feasible way would be to remove your camera, take it apart and solder a JTAG serial port to it. But it is not easy once you have your camera mounted.

The doorbells are all Hikvision and the firmwares are all a bit tweaked for 3rd party sold doorbells. It would be nice to be able to use one firmware that does everything we need and allows for adjustments of everything we use. I do not think that will happen cuz each third party has their own app but they are all going to the same cloud database.

With RTSP, ONVIF and JPG capturing all software NVRs should work fine these days. Personally here just JPG captures on my very old CE based OmniPro touchscreens which came before RTSP and ONVIF streaming. Finally after many years there appears to be utilized common standards for ONVIF but not so much yet for RTSP streaming or JPG streaming.

So a rambling post here to see if we can come up with an agreed upon firmware update that does all for everybody with the same Hikvision Doorbell (although tweaked per 3rd party).
with this device having a SD card slot I bet you there is a recovery mode where if the firmware file's name is changed to the right name and put in the right folder of a SD card It should pull the cam out of a bad flash. It would take someone to hack the firmware or the JTAG or any serial port for that fact that's exposed on the motherboard of this cam. Once I have free time I'm going to take the EZVIZ firmware and uncompress it to see what goodies lie inside.

As for features, here is one of my thoughts: the EZVIZ firmware/app Alexa support works thru the EZVIZ App and cloud login info. so my thought is the Alexa support should work on any firmware as long as you set it up with the EZVIZ App and use it's cloud account whern setting up the EZVIZ Alexa skill!

JB_Sullivan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello together,

Has anyone ever had that with the DB1 camera? The EZVIZ app says that the device is offline. I don't get a live image anymore and I can't access the memory card.

But if I look at the rtsp stream, I have a current live image. Has anyone had this before? Is there a workaround for this?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello together,

Has anyone ever had that with the DB1 camera? The EZVIZ app says that the device is offline. I don't get a live image anymore and I can't access the memory card.

But if I look at the rtsp stream, I have a current live image. Has anyone had this before? Is there a workaround for this?
Sometimes it is an EZVIZ cloud issue since your RTSP local stream is still working.

JB_Sullivan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
But the bell does not work either and the main device has been offline for 2 days. Only the camera stream arrives.

EDIT: I disconnected the power and now it works again

Last edited:

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Personally switched over to the cloudless reverse proxy Monocle application for Alexa viewing of doorbell. "Alexa, show Doorbell".

I prefer this methodology with my Amazon Show devices versus using any iOS or Android app. The reverse proxy server (not in the cloud) sits at home and is running in Linux.

Off main topic...

Currently the Alexa Show keeps moving in the Kitchen due to WAF. Looking for options to mount. One is to mount it next to the wall mounted Panasonic multiline / cell phone base in the wall with the in wall mounting base. Also have purchased a small corner bracket to mount it next to one kitchen cabinet. The Panasonic system is wired in to the wall such that you do not see any telephone or power wires.

It is all about the power to the Alexa Show device and hiding the wires. There is now a POE adapter for providing power to the Alexa.

Way back put a combo touchscreen / TV fold down under the corner kitchen counters. It was too large and got totally trashed due to wife's cooking and watching TV there and she never folded up. This was a 15" or so screen. The 5" Amazon is a tad smaller and easier to mount in the kitchen.

Last edited:

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Wow, you had my heart going this morning reading your messages. Strange you had to physically remove it. I know some had removed their wires from their DB, but that did not work with them since they had a solid red light which pretty much = bricked. So, so glad you got it back working, and now with Hik ONVIF. You guys are going to give me a heart attack :)

So you used your same user account that you did from your first DB right? That makes sense.
The lockdown is getting me mad, I'm bored, so I said: let's try something different. ;)

Yes, I used the same auth code of the first replaced cam. I guess, when you replace it, they do it also at their cloud level. But it's just a guess.

One more thing you might add to 101:
  • Alexa is working fine with Hikvision firmware, I kept using EZVIZ skill, without changing anything, since they use the same cloud. You can flag yes in the 101 fw table.
  • in your fw table of the 101 there's an incorrect version for Hikvision: last firmware is v5.2.4 build 200321 (March 21, 2020), see screenshot attached.

So now, with Hikvision fw on the DB1 I have ONVIF working on the synology, SAGE sensor working and Alexa working too. I guess I found my new configuration.

Happy guy. :)

Attachments

Last edited:

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Be VERY careful with factory resetting this cam. it is suggested you have your correct branded firmware on the cam before a factory reset so that it doesn't mess with your password.
I had to factory reset because Batch Config would give me strange errors when I modified some options. That's because the firmwares are different, particularly ONVIF vs non-ONVIF firmwares.
The reset does not mess with the password, it messes with the SSID of the integrated wireless AP configuration of the CAM. What I did is connected from the PC to the new SSID and changed the SSID to what the new vendor's app expects it to be. It's a variant of the solution that is in the 101, a bit cleaner for my preference. After putting the correct SSID. I had a brand new configuration and I added the CAM from scratch as per standard procedure, and everything worked ok. In my case the ssid after the factory reset was softap_XXXXXX so I simply replaced "softap" with "EZVIZ", that was what the Hikvision-connect android app was expecting. And it worked just fine.

The password is an issue only if you ACTIVATE, but I knew that. If you just modify the SSID you have zero issues.

Last edited:

Chadsturgill

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello together,

Happened to me last week. I had to go flip the breaker that my transformer is on. After that, it came back up in EZVIZ. Same
Situation though, RTSP was working but doorbell wouldn’t ring, and was disconnected from cloud

davidew98

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The lockdown is getting me mad, I'm bored, so I said: let's try something different. ;)

Yes, I used the same auth code of the first replaced cam. I guess, when you replace it, they do it also at their cloud level. But it's just a guess.

One more thing you might add to 101:
  • Alexa is working fine with Hikvision firmware, I kept using EZVIZ skill, without changing anything, since they use the same cloud. You can flag yes in the 101 fw table.
  • in your fw table of the 101 there's an incorrect version for Hikvision: last firmware is v5.2.4 build 200321 (March 21, 2020), see screenshot attached.

So now, with Hikvision fw on the DB1 I have ONVIF working on the synology, SAGE sensor working and Alexa working too. I guess I found my new configuration.

Happy guy. :)
I want 5.2.7 for my 256 GB Sd card, once I get that I'll switch to ANY firmware brand!

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I want 5.2.7 for my 256 GB Sd card, once I get that I'll switch to ANY firmware brand!
I tried different mixes and I can say that EZVIZ DB1 + Hikconnect fw allows you to leverage ONVIF, use Alexa, EZVIZ Studio, Synology NAS integration (or any other video recording sw/hw). It's the best combination, at least for my needs, IMHO.

I don't have a 256GB sdcard, only a 128GB one, so I can't try that feature.

Last edited:

Diabolic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Diabolic i see that you want to add the Ezviz to your Synology. I'm also using xpenology and running a virtual ds918+ with DSM 6.2.2-24922 Update 4 on my esxi 6.7 environment. At first i was not able to add the camera using the User Defined method. I just tried it once more and that still doesn't work. Then i figured it out, with some info from another forum, to create a new config file. And add the camera by using that config file.

But now it is much easier to flash a firmware on the doorbell cam with onvif support. I'm using that too. Adding the cam to the Synology with onvif was a peace of cake.
Yeah its good to hear from you. Glad you had success with the onvif support under synology, it all has to do with firmware, i think HIKvisions is the best firmware obviously its there device. I reset my settings last night and plan to go back to hikvision firmware from ezviz eu version. Awesome someone else running xpen. So you were able to update to 6.2.2 Im worried about losing restart and my second lan. I have a gigabyte h270n and Ive been considering doing a fresh install on a new HD to see if I can get the 6.2.2 update and not lose second lan and restart, anyway we should talk more.

[/QUOTE]
Be VERY careful with factory resetting this cam. it is suggested you have your correct branded firmware on the cam before a factory reset so that it doesn't mess with your password.
Yeah I know i gotta be careful. I was on the ezviz firmware when I did the reset last night. Ill flash to hikvision as it really seemed to be the best of them all.

I had to factory reset because Batch Config would give me strange errors when I modified some options. That's because the firmwares are different, particularly ONVIF vs non-ONVIF firmwares.
The reset does not mess with the password, it messes with the SSID of the integrated wireless AP configuration of the CAM. What I did is connected from the PC to the new SSID and changed the SSID to what the new vendor's app expects it to be. It's a variant of the solution that is in the 101, a bit cleaner for my preference. After putting the correct SSID. I had a brand new configuration and I added the CAM from scratch as per standard procedure, and everything worked ok. In my case the ssid after the factory reset was softap_XXXXXX so I simply replaced "softap" with "EZVIZ", that was what the Hikvision-connect android app was expecting. And it worked just fine.

The password is an issue only if you ACTIVATE, but I knew that. If you just modify the SSID you have zero issues.
Very interesting. I am going back to hikvision firmware to get back to onvif, I had no reset before flashing and only did it after re-flashing ezviz firmware which is my model. Now I want to go back and see how that goes with my synology and the hikvision firmware.

Diabolic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I tried different mixes and I can say that EZVIZ DB1 + Hikconnect fw allows you to leverage ONVIF, use Alexa, EZVIZ Studio, Synology NAS integration (or any other video recording sw/hw). It's the best combination, at least for my needs, IMHO.

I don't have a 256GB sdcard, only a 128GB one, so I can't try that feature.
So ALexa works with hikvision firmware interesting. I did not notice that it works, I guess Ill have to play around with that also.