New Reolink Wired POE Doorbell Cam ?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
New DB this year? Battery Operated as rumored?

1704813426588.png

nickjohn35

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Got the POE doorbell cam hooked up to BI but the blue circle around the doorbell button won’t breathe when anyone approaches. What am I missing??

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
That’s selected. I even have the motion set and turned on in the PC app.
Do you have motion set to the highest sensitivity ? I noticed the blue light comes on and off during the day intermittently with sensitivity set to the lowest, so I just set it to the highest, will test shortly.

nickjohn35

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Do you have motion set to the highest sensitivity ? I noticed the blue light comes on and off during the day intermittently with sensitivity set to the lowest, so I just set it to the highest, will test shortly.
Hmmm… I’ll have to test that. I believe it’s set right in the middle as I have just turn the motion settings back on in the pc app in hopes the circle light would work.

tumtumsback

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Dude, this doorbell I tell ya... it's been quite a journey for me so far with my Reolink PoE doorbell.

As of now, I have a lot of things working well, except for live viewing of the mainstream via BlueIris. Live viewing is choppy. Recordings are perfect. Viewing the RTSP/RTMP stream via VLC is perfect.

This happens with both RTSP and RTMP. FPS in the BI web interface jumps all over the place. Any suggestions? Here is a video:
View attachment BI.mp4

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Dude, this doorbell I tell ya... it's been quite a journey for me so far with my Reolink PoE doorbell.

As of now, I have a lot of things working well, except for live viewing of the mainstream via BlueIris. Live viewing is choppy. Recordings are perfect. Viewing the RTSP/RTMP stream via VLC is perfect.

This happens with both RTSP and RTMP. FPS in the BI web interface jumps all over the place. Any suggestions? Here is a video:
View attachment 184751
Wifi or ethernet?

tumtumsback

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Odd, I don't have any issues. I switched from wifi to ethernet to solve intermittent dropouts which I assumed (correctly) it was the wifi.

Edit: my unit is the non-poe version.
I am not having any dropouts persay -- just a pretty choppy livestream.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

View attachment 184751
Where are you getting this info? From your phone? UI3?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Noticed my FPS does not jump all over the place when I lower to 720p

1706720545277.png

I have a WiFi DB

tumtumsback

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have experimented with all of the different stream qualities. It does get better when I drop it down super low but that's still not even what it should be. It will go down as low as 3 FPS even at 720p.
I mean, at least the recordings are perfect ... I just don't have the knowledge of understanding why the recording would be great but why I can't get a half decent livestream.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have experimented with all of the different stream qualities. It does get better when I drop it down super low but that's still not even what it should be. It will go down as low as 3 FPS even at 720p.
Assuming you played with lowering your bitrate too

1706720781841.png