New Reolink Wired POE Doorbell Cam ?

Reaction score
It arrived, and my first test failed. I'm going to run a few more tests later today. I can't do it during work hours because it drives the rest of the office crazy. :lol:

would it be safe to assume this one didn't work?

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Got a weird issue.. I had a power flicker last week and my Reolink doorbell stopped working in BI. I had this issue a while ago from a storm and all I needed to do was power cycle it. This time that didn't fix it. I can access the doorbell over the network on a webpage (IP hasn't changed) and the button works but BI wont show a signal.

Any ideas?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Got a weird issue.. I had a power flicker last week and my Reolink doorbell stopped working in BI. I had this issue a while ago from a storm and all I needed to do was power cycle it. This time that didn't fix it. I can access the doorbell over the network on a webpage (IP hasn't changed) and the button works but BI wont show a signal.

Any ideas?
The fact that you can still hit the webGUI says it's not a network issue....any IP's change?

Maybe just a delete/re-add cam to BI will do it.

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
POE or Wi-Fi?
I ask because I have 2 Wi-Fi versions and when there's a brief power outage I have to power cycle the wireless AP (Netgear) that the front door DB is connected to; the other at the side door is connected to a TP-LINK wireless AP and it reconnects no problem when power is restored.
Wifi. I think that's what the problem was last time. Right now on my laptop I can access the doorbell so its connected to my network.
BI finds it but wont stream its feed anymore.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wifi. I think that's what the problem was last time. Right now on my laptop I can access the doorbell so its connected to my network.
BI finds it but wont stream its feed anymore.
Did you check RTMP and RSTP settings incase it defaulted back to Off.

I had another power outage, about an hour and a half this time, just long enough for my UPSs to cutoff, some of them make it an hour and a half, some only an hour. Anyway, I still have the same problem with my WiFi DB not reconnecting to my AP. This time I did not pull the DB to reconfig. on the bench and the next morning I found it was reconnected to my AP. Weird...

Last edited:

mvoss

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
While sorting this out I found a newer firmware did anyone grab this one from earlier this year? Dated from 2/2024
View attachment 196068
I downloaded and installed for the POE version about 1 1/2 months ago. No issues. Some people said they had to reset their camera but I didn't. I did have to power cycle it becasue once the firmware was updated the camera coundn't see the recordings on the SD card. Once I power cycled the camera(DBell) all was fine.

Michael