New Reolink Wired POE Doorbell Cam ?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Watched a Youtube from Life Hacker attending CES show. The vendor at Reolink booth said their new PoE doorbell is coming out on the second half of 2023?

Seems Reolink is releasing a new version PoE doorbell?
What? I just got mine, LOL...

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
i thought he said there was going to be a battery powered powered unit in the second half of 2023?

I am Deaf and I depends on Google auto generated subtitles when watching youtube. I thought it what i read but you could be right because sometime the auto generated da word or two in a sentence.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
I am Deaf and I depends on Google auto generated subtitles when watching youtube. I thought it what i read but you could be right because sometime the auto generated da word or two in a sentence.
yea, i went back and watched..... there is no new POE doorbell coming out later. Still waiting for this current POE doorbell do get off of backorder

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@David L -- you run wire to your door yet?
Not yet. I had a friend look at it with me and looks like the placement at the door frame is going to be too much trouble. I do plan on testing the DB where the exiting DB is. Hopefully this week...I do have it recording 24/7 now in BI while still bench testing it in my office.

I have had a few times where there was an extended delay (2-3 seconds) in what I see on the RTSP stream and real time. One time I had to reboot to fix and the other times it fixed itself. Thinking maybe something happened when it switched on the IR. I need to do more testing, turning Off/On my Office Room light to test the IR.

The first DB is the Reolink, the last is my existing DB (LaView DB1 variant)
The two in the middle are Dahua 5442s
1673235703796.png

HTH

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
For anyone interested:

Reolink POE Doorbell:
24/7 Blue Iris Recording File Size (Avg. 2.67 Gig per hour), (64 Gigs Avg. at 24 hours):
1673268425878.png

1673268815206.png

1673269402828.png

I like the fact the bitrate is close to 800 kB/s in BI even though the Max Kbps is set at 6144 in the Camera settings...
1673269615005.png

greg_mitch

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
We need the fixed frame rate firmware that they have for their other newer cameras. Wont that help?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have had a few times where there was an extended delay (2-3 seconds) in what I see on the RTSP stream and real time. One time I had to reboot to fix and the other times it fixed itself. Thinking maybe something happened when it switched on the IR. I need to do more testing, turning Off/On my Office Room light to test the IR.
UPDATE: Found the Live lag to be a Blue Iris issue. Now I am experiencing 4-5 second lags while viewing Live through BI.. When comparing it to the Live view on the Reolink App, the App only shows about a 1 second delay. There is Zero issue with the recorded video from the Reolink DB, that I can tell.
Presently playing with some settings in BI.

mrxyz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
UPDATE: Found the Live lag to be a Blue Iris issue. Now I am experiencing 4-5 second lags while viewing Live through BI.. When comparing it to the Live view on the Reolink App, the App only shows about a 1 second delay. There is Zero issue with the recorded video from the Reolink DB, that I can tell.
Presently playing with some settings in BI.
If that is the case, you can try to use Neolink (available from Github). They take the stream live from the doorbell and then create an RTSP bridge. Perhaps that solves the issue.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If that is the case, you can try to use Neolink (available from Github). They take the stream live from the doorbell and then create an RTSP bridge. Perhaps that solves the issue.
I do plan on trying Neolink, right now I am just doing some native testing...thanks...

cm.

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For anyone interested:

Reolink POE Doorbell:
24/7 Blue Iris Recording File Size (Avg. 2.67 Gig per hour), (64 Gigs Avg. at 24 hours):

I like the fact the bitrate is close to 800 kB/s in BI even though the Max Kbps is set at 6144 in the Camera settings...
Yes MAX Kbps... so likely this is set to VBR and cannot be changed. Put a lot of motion on the camera and see if the bitrate increases?

What is the thoughts so far on using this with BI? I am pinning my hopes it this working so I can finally setup a decent PoE doorbell...

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes MAX Kbps... so likely this is set to VBR and cannot be changed. Put a lot of motion on the camera and see if the bitrate increases?

What is the thoughts so far on using this with BI? I am pinning my hopes it this working so I can finally setup a decent PoE doorbell...
Yeah, maybe they will have CBR in a future firmware update. I am getting a steady almost 800kB/s and only seeing variable about 20-30kB/s, so it is pretty constant. IMO Same with FPS, I have seen is vary too

1673533487029.png

So playing with a lot of motion, only increase about avg. 10kB/s, FYI

Other than the Live Lag in BI I am experiencing (which may be fixed with BI setting), I do like this DB and it works in BI pretty much like my other CAMs. Recording has been solid so far. I am also comparing it to my LaView DB1 variant of which I have had running for the past 3 years. I get less than 300kB/s on it. Though I have had very little issues with the DB but it is time to move on. I am still bench testing (which I am pretty much done), next will be temporally placing it out by my existing DB, which I don't fully have a plan to do this yet. May run a cable from under my garage door to the front porch. Plan to temp. mount/strap it to my existing DB. Want it to stay in place for a few days or a week...with this testing I will know much more of how it fairs and can share much more info.

Reactions: cm.

cm.

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah, maybe they will have CBR in a future firmware update. I am getting a steady almost 800kB/s and only seeing variable about 20-30kB/s, so it is pretty constant. IMO Same with FPS, I have seen is vary too

View attachment 150769

So playing with a lot of motion, only increase about avg. 10kB/s, FYI

Other than the Live Lag in BI I am experiencing (which may be fixed with BI setting), I do like this DB and it works in BI pretty much like my other CAMs. Recording has been solid so far. I am also comparing it to my LaView DB1 variant of which I have had running for the past 3 years. I get less than 300kB/s on it. Though I have had very little issues with the DB but it is time to move on. I am still bench testing (which I am pretty much done), next will be temporally placing it out by my existing DB, which I don't fully have a plan to do this yet. May run a cable from under my garage door to the front porch. Plan to temp. mount/strap it to my existing DB. Want it to stay in place for a few days or a week...with this testing I will know much more of how it fairs and can share much more info.
thanks, good info. Seems weird it is almost fixed at 800kbps, essentially acting as CBR.

does the bitrate change if you reduce fps or “max” bitrate?

TheWaterbug

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ok. Seeing more "No Signal" errors than my other cameras and in BI it is noticeably behind the other cameras when a car drives by (like 1-2 seconds behind). Hopefully these are all fixable by getting updated firmware that allows fixed frame rates and setting the iframe like the other Reolink cameras eventually got.
When did this happen? For what hardware platforms?

Thanks!