New Reolink Wired POE Doorbell Cam ?

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm showing v3.0.0.1859_23030902 as the latest from the Reolink website, released today.

I upgraded by hitting the doorbell webpage on my local lan. Settings -> System -> Maintenance
gotcha.. just downloaded from their website

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
re-setup sighthound to use RTSP and will check back.

this time if found it automatically via Onvif, and had the correct rtsp protocol.

i will test to see if this works just as good as the RTMP

J273

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The ReoLink doorbell is connected directly to a PoE port on my Hik NVR. It seems to detect and record motion events just fine, although the image is half broken unless someone pushes the doorbell button.

Im going to try this later today and I'll update the post to see if i have the same problem. Do you have the doorbell on the same IP range as your main cameras 192.168.254....... ?

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
re-setup sighthound to use RTSP and will check back.

this time if found it automatically via Onvif, and had the correct rtsp protocol.

i will test to see if this works just as good as the RTMP

same issue before.

will prob go back to RTMP

greg_mitch

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Interesting issue today after firmware upgrade. The camera went offline via BI this morning about 12 hours after update and didn't come back online until I rebooted the camera. Then it came right back up.

I have never had to do that previously with the previous, as purchased, firmware. Hopefully it was a fluke.

Motion and events were captured fine all day long on the built-in SD card storage, but BI was offline due to failure to connect.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
Interesting issue today after firmware upgrade. The camera went offline via BI this morning about 12 hours after update and didn't come back online until I rebooted the camera. Then it came right back up.

I have never had to do that previously with the previous, as purchased, firmware. Hopefully it was a fluke.

Motion and events were captured fine all day long on the built-in SD card storage, but BI was offline due to failure to connect.
same thing that happend to me. i needed to re set up my doorbell in my Sighthound Software as it was offline. it was fine in the app though, just like urs

XDRDX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just an FYI with the new firmware you need to enable RTMP to get the web interface to work on the Reolink cameras.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
Just an FYI with the new firmware you need to enable RTMP to get the web interface to work on the Reolink cameras.
i checked all of those settings, they seemed to save from the previous firmeare.

rtsp,
rtmp
onvif,
etc

XDRDX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
With the doorbell firmware they suggested a factory reset in the what’s new. Did you do that? I’ve also had the POE doorbell go offline after firmware update when the last firmware was in beta and found it was due to the watchdog setting on the camera in BI triggering a reboot right when it finished booting. I extended the watchdog reboot trigger a bit in BI for this camera and 1 other and haven’t had that issue again. It’s also recommended after doing a firmware update to do a find/inspect so it reads in new functionality and information. You’ll usually also notice a format change message in the BI log after a firmware update.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
With the doorbell firmware they suggested a factory reset in the what’s new. Did you do that? I’ve also had the POE doorbell go offline after firmware update when the last firmware was in beta and found it was due to the watchdog setting on the camera in BI triggering a reboot right when it finished booting. I extended the watchdog reboot trigger a bit in BI for this camera and 1 other and haven’t had that issue again. It’s also recommended after doing a firmware update to do a find/inspect so it reads in new functionality and information. You’ll usually also notice a format change message in the BI log after a firmware update.
anytime u factory reset, you will have to set the unit up from scratch.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
XDRDX is correct:
You would think since most firmwares reboot the device after they are installed that would be all that is needed but not so in some cases, usually when new features are added, then you need to do a full reset, factory in some cases for the CAM to make use of the new features. Even restoring a backup Config is not advised since it will not have the new features. Also, you would need to update any Client software too. If no new features are added, just security or bug fixes, a simple reboot should be fine.

greg_mitch

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Everything was fine today. I did have to reboot yesterday (not factory reset) to get it to show back up in BI. I will monitor for the next week and report back if any more disconnects on new firmware.

kruuth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey guys, I thought I would post here. I have an REOLink that is white, then flashes white four times. I tried the reset but it didn't do anything. However, I replaced my RING doorbell with this, and yesterday I took the little voltage thing off the doorbell circuit. Could that be the issue? If I plug the doorbell in directly to the provided power adapter, then things work great.