New Reolink Wired POE Doorbell Cam ?

greg_mitch

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Since I have both POE and WiFi running, I will be upgrading firmware on both soon, just waiting for others and their reports. I am going to try RTSP on my POE again and see if I have any dropped Signals. The WiFi version was definilty giving me problems with RTSP to BI.
Doorbell went offline in BI again this morning at 6:30AM. I am doing a factory reset this time (like recommended by Reolink) to see if these random drop-outs of the RTSP feed keep happening.

Once again, the app and directly logging into the camera showed it was still online fine, but the RTSP feed to BI had completely crashed.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
Doorbell went offline in BI again this morning at 6:30AM. I am doing a factory reset this time (like recommended by Reolink) to see if these random drop-outs of the RTSP feed keep happening.

Once again, the app and directly logging into the camera showed it was still online fine, but the RTSP feed to BI had completely crashed.
my poe has been flawless.. back to rtsp and sighthound

kelhus

n3wb
Reaction score
Does everyone use a router in their camera network? I have the doorbell on my POE switch, un-managed, segregated from the internet and I cannot find the device in network sweeps, nor through the reolink app. Anyone else have issues? I hit the ring button and it rings just fine. Is there a default IP for the device?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does everyone use a router in their camera network? I have the doorbell on my POE switch, un-managed, segregated from the internet and I cannot find the device in network sweeps, nor through the reolink app. Anyone else have issues? I hit the ring button and it rings just fine. Is there a default IP for the device?

kelhus

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks David, I've done that to no avail. It detects no devices. I'm connected to 3 other POE devices on that switch but I cannot find the Reolink doorbell. I'm not sure what else to do unless it needs internet connection directly as that is on a separate LAN.

XDRDX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks David, I've done that to no avail. It detects no devices. I'm connected to 3 other POE devices on that switch but I cannot find the Reolink doorbell. I'm not sure what else to do unless it needs internet connection directly as that is on a separate LAN.
Have you tried connecting it via POE directly at your desk temporarily via power injector on your normal VLAN, just to test and make sure it shows up. Once you validate you can ping and login to it, then change the VLAN it’s assigned to and move it back to your POE switch. Try a different port, try a different cable. Are you not getting power at all? Are you just not getting network connectivity?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Nor could I find the default IPs for my DBs either. If you connect a PC/Laptop to the POE Switch and connect the POE Doorbell to the switch and run the ReoLink Windows Client you should be able to Add Device by entering the UID that is by the Barcode on the POE Doorbell.

1681179386954.png

After added you can assign a Static IP.

XDRDX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nor could I find the default IPs for my DBs either. If you connect a PC/Laptop to the POE Switch and connect the POE Doorbell to the switch and run the ReoLink Windows Client you should be able to Add Device by entering the UID that is by the Barcode on the POE Doorbell.

View attachment 159661
This assumes he has received an IP address from a DHCP server. He mentioned it’s segregated from the internet. He may not be able to connect to it via UID without an internet connection.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This assumes he has received an IP address from a DHCP server. He mentioned it’s segregated from the internet. He may not be able to connect to it via UID without an internet connection.
I did. You do not need an Internet connection to setup these DBs.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What I found is you need to get the DB talking to the Client, then you can set an IP.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
On my WiFi DB, I just connected their power brick to the DB and an Ethernet Cable to my Laptop, ran the Client, found the UID added the device and assigned an IP. I think I did the same with the POE DB too since you do not have to connect it to a POE source, it can get it's power from the terminals.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Lastly, ReoLink does not even know I ever connected/powered up their Doorbell. I have the DB in the same VLAN/Subnet as my other CAMs with Zero Internet access...

kelhus

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm glad you were able to do it without internet access. My PC has a physical network device connected to the internet and another separate physical nic#2 connected to the POE switch so perhaps that's causing issues with the Reolink client only looking down NIC #1 and not finding it? I tried connecting directly to the computer but it did not power on as my computer does not send any power over ethernet. Unfortunately my only POE device is that one switch it was already connected to. If I knew the voltage/amp expectations I bet I could find an adapter I have on hand and splice it in, but it says AC 12-24v and DC 48v so I'm not sure which way to go and am not comfortable just throwing power at it (unless someone tells me to :) ). It sounds like David did a direct connect, so perhaps through the switch is causing my issues and I need to direct connect it? It definitely is powering on as I can ring the chime from the device and the ring lights up and now that it's night, the ring and the IR lights are on. So it's properly detecting day/night within the device itself, I just can't find it anywhere on my network.

duplo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Lastly, ReoLink does not even know I ever connected/powered up their Doorbell. I have the DB in the same VLAN/Subnet as my other CAMs with Zero Internet access...
is there a reason why ?

without internet/cloud you cannot receive push notifications. its just a normal camera , but with not so good quality compared to a normal camera ??

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
is there a reason why ?

without internet/cloud you cannot receive push notifications. its just a normal camera , but with not so good quality compared to a normal camera ??
Cloud Bad :thumbdown:, most here don't like Phone Home (China) Cloud services. We keep our Camera's Off the Internet. This is what made this Doorbell so attractive, Zero Internet to setup, not like my previous Hikvision DB1 variant DB. Having a wired connection is the only true way to secure your CAMs. WiFi Bad :thumbdown:

I get Push Notifications with both Motion and Button Press through Home Assistant from our DB. Even get Snapshots sent to the wife and my phone. Our phones are connected via OpenVPN Client to our pfSense router's OpenVPN server. When Someone comes to the door, within motion zone, or pushes doorbell button we get a Notification within about 1-2 seconds.

1681208104877.png

1681208006835.png

I know, I know, I did not get my steps in yesterday :)

This is the Automation setup in HA (I use Blue Iris Motion and ReoLink DB Button Push (Vistor):
1681208318253.png

This is the guy I followed to set this up:

HTH

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm glad you were able to do it without internet access. My PC has a physical network device connected to the internet and another separate physical nic#2 connected to the POE switch so perhaps that's causing issues with the Reolink client only looking down NIC #1 and not finding it? I tried connecting directly to the computer but it did not power on as my computer does not send any power over ethernet. Unfortunately my only POE device is that one switch it was already connected to. If I knew the voltage/amp expectations I bet I could find an adapter I have on hand and splice it in, but it says AC 12-24v and DC 48v so I'm not sure which way to go and am not comfortable just throwing power at it (unless someone tells me to :) ). It sounds like David did a direct connect, so perhaps through the switch is causing my issues and I need to direct connect it? It definitely is powering on as I can ring the chime from the device and the ring lights up and now that it's night, the ring and the IR lights are on. So it's properly detecting day/night within the device itself, I just can't find it anywhere on my network.
So when I connected the DB via Ethernet to my Laptop I disabled my WiFi NIC, you should be able to do the same with your NIC connected to the Internet. Pretty sure I removed my IP info on my Ethernet Wired NIC so the Client could find the UID. You may need to reset your DB too, but try first without a reset once you get your POE Injector.

If you need help let us know...