New Reolink Wired POE Doorbell Cam ?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe your problem was you were not pointing to you router 192.168.1.254 (gateway)

1690924171896.png

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does you ATT router allow you to setup a VPN Server? Or do you have another box running your VPN?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Im not sure... its not listed under devices in the router device list
When you assign an available IP then make sure you put your router 192.168.1.254 as your gateway...

When you do a IPCONFIG from the command prompt on your BI box, it should be pointing to the same Router/Gateway

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK, sorry I know you mentioned it but I was not familiar with it. I run my own VPN Server via pfSense Router. I have no experience with ZeroTier though I have heard of it...

Is there a setting in their software that you need to add the DBs info?

dok0619

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
OK, sorry I know you mentioned it but I was not familiar with it. I run my own VPN Server via pfSense Router. I have no experience with ZeroTier though I have heard of it...

Is there a setting in their software that you need to add the DBs info?
all this network configuration stuff is way over my head.. I had to follow a YT video online about how to put BI behind a vpn or in this case the zerotier service

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Interesting, I watched the video, ZeroTier kinda sounds like a Cloud Router type Service. So adding a camera (DB) to BI should of not been a problem with this service, from what I gather. In otherwords, you should be able to connect to BI Webserver (UI3) or their App through ZeroTier.

So another question, can you connect to any of your other cameras via their phone App? If not, then I would use the 192.168.1.254 for the gateway on your DB settings so the phone App can get to your DB through your router.

From what I am gathering ZeroTier is just when you connect to BI via remote unless you use it for something else. If this is correct I would turn it off when connecting directly to your DB via the ReoLink App.

dok0619

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Interesting, I watched the video, ZeroTier kinda sounds like a Cloud Router type Service. So adding a camera (DB) to BI should of not been a problem with this service, from what I gather. In otherwords, you should be able to connect to BI Webserver (UI3) or their App through ZeroTier.

So another question, can you connect to any of your other cameras via their phone App? If not, then I would use the 192.168.1.254 for the gateway on your DB settings so the phone App can get to your DB through your router.

From what I am gathering ZeroTier is just when you connect to BI via remote unless you use it for something else. If this is correct I would turn it off when connecting directly to your DB via the ReoLink App.
Yes I can connect to UI3 and BI app through zerotier whether on the BI pc or my phone. It assigns an ip address to the BI pc that makes it appear as if it is on a local LAN.. so when I configure BI phone app its like Im still connecting locally instead of remotely. Only problem now is I cant access the db cam in my Blue Iris anymore... I want to have the db on BI recording 24x7 like my other IP cams...

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes I can connect to UI3 and BI app through zerotier whether on the BI pc or my phone. It assigns an ip address to the BI pc that makes it appear as if it is on a local LAN.. so when I configure BI phone app its like Im still connecting locally instead of remotely. Only problem now is I cant access the db cam in my Blue Iris anymore... I want to have the db on BI recording 24x7 like my other IP cams...
I understand your ZeroTier to BI remote connection.

Can you ping 192.168.1.210 (your DBs IP) from your BI PC? If so you should be able to add it in BI. Just make sure RTMP or RTSP is turned On in your DB.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Lets move this conversation to PM so we don't highjack this Thread...

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
never used ZeroTier but have set up PiVPN and wireguard, and it works extremely well.

Pandemic

n3wb
Reaction score
I just got my Reolink POE doorbell camera hooked up and I'm looking for some help. It's showing up in blue iris but I can't figure out the sub-stream or the best way to set up recording. When I set up previous cameras I used the youtube channel 'the hook up' for the ideal settings. Is there anything similar to that for these cameras?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just got my Reolink POE doorbell camera hooked up and I'm looking for some help. It's showing up in blue iris but I can't figure out the sub-stream or the best way to set up recording. When I set up previous cameras I used the youtube channel 'the hook up' for the ideal settings. Is there anything similar to that for these cameras?
Here's how I set mine up with Blue Iris:

Pandemic

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks TonyR, I'll review and see if I can optimize things.

First thoughts - I'm really surprised at how fast codeproject responds to the Reolink doorbell camera. It's nearly real time whereas the AI responds to my Annke C800's far slower. Often when the 'person' box identifies a person the person has walked 2 steps forward of it. The reolink updates far faster and I assume that's a setting I can correct on the Annke's but I'm not 100% on that.

Otherwise, I like the reolink app so far. I'd still like to find a way to use BI primarily for alerts but I've not figured that part out yet.