New Reolink Wired POE Doorbell Cam ?

Freddan101

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't know how long this has been going on but has anyone else got this error? View attachment 159299
Don't know if you got this solved but I got the same error message with my Reolink doorbell and I changed HW acceleration for the camera to "Intel Beta" and the message went way. Not sure if it's possible to validate if the acceleration really works, but the status window says I2.

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good morning,

There are a couple posts in this thread regarding audio settings for BI. None that I’ve seen seem to work for me. If anyone has time, would you mind posting settings that have worked to get audio in BI using the Reolink DB cam? This is the POE version.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Good morning,

There are a couple posts in this thread regarding audio settings for BI. None that I’ve seen seem to work for me. If anyone has time, would you mind posting settings that have worked to get audio in BI using the Reolink DB cam? This is the POE version.
This worked with BI with my wireless Reolink DB, should work with your POE version:

Reolink-doorbell-BlueIris.jpg

Reolink-doorbell-BlueIris2.jpg

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Very cool. Thank you. I left the house for a bit, this will be the first thing I do when I get back. I had tried something very similar I know. Another note, I had a wireless Reolink doorbell and I had it working fine. I broke the wire flush with the brick while resetting it and ran a new wire.

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, will these settings allow two way audio? Using my smartphone and blue Iris app, I have a great picture and hear with no issue at all now. I’m not however able to toggle the microphone and hear myself through the camera. The microphone is enabled in BI and the user has those privileges as well.

greg_mitch

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, will these settings allow two way audio? Using my smartphone and blue Iris app, I have a great picture and hear with no issue at all now. I’m not however able to toggle the microphone and hear myself through the camera. The microphone is enabled in BI and the user has those privileges as well.
I think that only works through the Reolink app unfortunately.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I concur with @greg_mitch ....

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nice. I’m happy with what I’ve accomplished today. I was being greedy lol. I’m glad y’all told me, I’ve been getting errors in BI for the last couple hours .

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Last edited:

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
False Alarm. Gave everything a good old power toggle including the POE switch, and all seems to be working fine...

any issues with RTMP or RTSP lately.

For whatever reason, my NVR software (Sighthound) no longer works with my reolink, but works fine with my Dahua cameras.

Not sure if anything changed, although maybe a new update to the reolink?

Last edited:

greg_mitch

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
False Alarm. Gave everything a good old power toggle including the POE switch, and all seems to be working fine...

any issues with RTMP or RTSP lately.

For whatever reason, my NVR software (Sighthound) no longer works with my reolink, but works fine with my Dahua cameras.

Not sure if anything changed, although maybe a new update to the reolink?
Had a few strange RTSP issues after being online for months. Switched over to RTMP and has been stable again. Strange.

AlwaysSomething

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone have the Wifi version but wired using the ethernet?

I've been using Wifi for that past few months with no issues. I had issues early on with "No Signals" and drops but the firmware updates fixed that.

Anyway, I finally decided to run some Cat 5e to it to make it jam proof and I figured more reliable. I used Cat 5e since the doorbell is only using Full Ethernet and not Gigabit as well as 5e is more flexible behind the doorbell which is really tight (I also have a brick exterior so couldn't place a box).

My streams are both set for 15 fps, inter frame space 1x, and fixed frame rate. Max bitrate is the highest option per stream. I've had it this way for months with almost no problems. Once in while it may drop some frames as seen in the videos but BI never reported any "No Signal".

With the Wifi it was usually pretty consistent in BI and values were very close to the configured values in the DB (FPS were always near 15 +/- 0.10 and key was usually 1.00) +/- .05). When I switched to Ethernet the values in BI were all over the place and the video showed it too. I was also getting some "No Signal". The FPS was as low as 8 and as high 60 and the key would usually be close to 1 but also varied as low as 0.5 as high as 1.2. I dropped the FPS to 10 and even 5 (as well as bitrates) to see if it would help but it didn't. It is especially erratic when there is motion which also leads me to believe it's the DB.

I tried different ports on the switch as well as other cameras on the same port (to confirm it was the DB and not the switch). I had a patch panel between the DB and the switch but removed that and connected the DB directly to the switch. Nothing helped.

The firmware I've been using for months is v3.0.0.2017_23041200.

I tried the latest firmware (2033_23041300) but that didn't help. I reverted back to 2017_23041200 and back to Wifi for the time being as that was stable for me.

Anyone else experience this?

Only other thought is interference from the power wire? It's low voltage but IDK.

Last resort is pull the DB inside and try on another cable to see if it is the cable but doubt it.

I know some will say get the POE version but I already have this one and can't return it. I also kind of like the setup. If network is down the DB can still get power and write to the micro SD card. It's kind of like having a back up.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone have the Wifi version but wired using the ethernet?

I've been using Wifi for that past few months with no issues. I had issues early on with "No Signals" and drops but the firmware updates fixed that.

Anyway, I finally decided to run some Cat 5e to it to make it jam proof and I figured more reliable. I used Cat 5e since the doorbell is only using Full Ethernet and not Gigabit as well as 5e is more flexible behind the doorbell which is really tight (I also have a brick exterior so couldn't place a box).

My streams are both set for 15 fps, inter frame space 1x, and fixed frame rate. Max bitrate is the highest option per stream. I've had it this way for months with almost no problems. Once in while it may drop some frames as seen in the videos but BI never reported any "No Signal".

With the Wifi it was usually pretty consistent in BI and values were very close to the configured values in the DB (FPS were always near 15 +/- 0.10 and key was usually 1.00) +/- .05). When I switched to Ethernet the values in BI were all over the place and the video showed it too. I was also getting some "No Signal". The FPS was as low as 8 and as high 60 and the key would usually be close to 1 but also varied as low as 0.5 as high as 1.2. I dropped the FPS to 10 and even 5 (as well as bitrates) to see if it would help but it didn't. It is especially erratic when there is motion which also leads me to believe it's the DB.

I tried different ports on the switch as well as other cameras on the same port (to confirm it was the DB and not the switch). I had a patch panel between the DB and the switch but removed that and connected the DB directly to the switch. Nothing helped.

The firmware I've been using for months is v3.0.0.2017_23041200.

I tried the latest firmware (2033_23041300) but that didn't help. I reverted back to 2017_23041200 and back to Wifi for the time being as that was stable for me.

Anyone else experience this?

Only other thought is interference from the power wire? It's low voltage but IDK.

Last resort is pull the DB inside and try on another cable to see if it is the cable but doubt it.

I know some will say get the POE version but I already have this one and can't return it. I also kind of like the setup. If network is down the DB can still get power and write to the micro SD card. It's kind of like having a back up.
Hmmm, yeah bench test it with a patch cable that will tell you if you have a cable problem. Only time I used that Ethernet port was to initially setup the WiFi DB.