New Reolink Wired POE Doorbell Cam ?

Skorpion

n3wb
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, will these settings allow two way audio? Using my smartphone and blue Iris app, I have a great picture and hear with no issue at all now. I’m not however able to toggle the microphone and hear myself through the camera. The microphone is enabled in BI and the user has those privileges as well.
Also still no luck here with 2 way audio using Synology Surveillance Station. They do have a specific Reolink Doorbell profile now instead of only a Onvif one. Hopefully they”ll add a working 2 way audio soon.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Also still no luck here with 2 way audio using Synology Surveillance Station. They do have a specific Reolink Doorbell profile now instead of only a Onvif one. Hopefully they”ll add a working 2 way audio soon.
Email them and request it. Dont assume others have asked synology for this support.

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The recent updates to BI have been pertaining to Reolinks cameras. My email was sent 8/11/23. Keep hounding them, I think Mr. Ken will do something.

mrxyz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I keep saying it, if you use that Neolink code on github, 2 way audio is possible.

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Has anyone had success with this ReoLink PoE Doorbell on Cat5 connect with injector to a PC Running Blue Iris? Currently running Ver 5.7.8.3
Yes, that's the hardware combination I'm currently using. I'm on BI 5.7.9.6 but don't recall any issues with past versions.

tantrim

n3wb
Reaction score
Do you have to pay for the subscription to receive push notifications and 2 way audio with the Reolink doorbell camera?

dok0619

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Has anyone had success with this ReoLink PoE Doorbell on Cat5 connect with injector to a PC Running Blue Iris? Currently running Ver 5.7.8.3
I finally got mine installed just now... had it sitting on my desk testing and never installed it ... I have mine hooked up to a poe extender I bought from Andy that splits the one Poe connection between two cams...so I have the new REOLINK DB and my wedge cam both hooked up via the extender.....no issues so far... thanks @David L for all your help!

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
I finally got mine installed just now... had it sitting on my desk testing and never installed it ... I have mine hooked up to a poe extender I bought from Andy that splits the one Poe connection between two cams...so I have the new REOLINK DB and my wedge cam both hooked up via the extender.....no issues so far... thanks @David L for all your help!
i use a POE splitter too for this cam, and another overhead cam at the door.

cant believe how rock solid they perform.

dok0619

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
i use a POE splitter too for this cam, and another overhead cam at the door.

cant believe how rock solid they perform.
picture quality is so much better than my old Dahua doorbell cam...and I can have a doorbell chime again without having to do any wiring...but I hate for the old doorbell cam to go to waste so trying to come up with a way to repurpose it lol

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you have doorbell wiring going to your backdoor/deck area, may be a good place to put it...

sparker

n3wb
Reaction score
I want to replace the AD410 with the Reolink POE version, but can I get confirmation that doorbell presses and live video work on the Echo Show 5? Because I want to switch to this to be able to view and answer the door from upstairs bedroom (Alexa integration).

I also have DS923+ Surveillance Station for recordings, but I understand there's now a Reolink profile, just no two way audio yet?

Thanks.

Skorpion

n3wb
Reaction score
I also have DS923+ Surveillance Station for recordings, but I understand there's now a Reolink profile, just no two way audio yet?

Thanks.
Correct, I filed a report on the Synology website. Maybe they will be inclined to fix the issue if they get enough reports.

sparker

n3wb
Reaction score
Correct, I filed a report on the Synology website. Maybe they will be inclined to fix the issue if they get enough reports.

Looks like two-way audio is supported but only through HTTPS, HOWEVER I think Synology Surveillance Station uses the default DS certificate because I connect to mine with HTTPS ticked and it works. I do not have any self signed certificates installed.
SNAG-0002.png
SNAG-0003.png
I am going to order it, however I am a bit scared having to drill a much larger hole to put the RJ45 connector through my door post.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am going to order it, however I am a bit scared having to drill a much larger hole to put the RJ45 connector through my door post.
You mean a PRE-terminated cable with a RJ-45? If you pull in an UN-terminated CAT-5e cable and install the RJ-45 yourself the hole doesn't have to be larger than 3/8" diameter, and in some instances (access, cable diameter) a 1/4" hole will suffice.

A purchased patch cable with RJ-45 and an anti-snag boot can require a 1/2" hole so a 1/4" is only half as big. :cool:

sparker

n3wb
Reaction score
You mean a PRE-terminated cable with a RJ-45? If you pull in an UN-terminated CAT-5e cable and install the RJ-45 yourself the hole doesn't have to be larger than 3/8" diameter, and in some instances (access, cable diameter) a 1/4" hole will suffice.

A purchased patch cable with RJ-45 and an anti-snag boot can require a 1/2" hole so a 1/4" is only half as big. :cool:
It has been a while since I terminated an RJ-45 myself (about 25 years) I have the tool, but I need to order the RJ-45's I'd prefer to do that to avoid drilling a large hole.

Edit: Found it at the bottom of my tool box, ordered passthrough plugs 20230911_141948.jpg

Last edited: