new router, now security cameras don't work

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello Gents
My uncle changed the modem from the same internet provider also the router, now the camaras don't work i been looking around to find information on how to restore the cameras, i was not able to find anything, I would appreciate if the members here give me some advice.
Thanks in advance.
Regards.
Chewie.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello Gents
My uncle changed the modem from the same internet provider also the router, now the camaras don't work i been looking around to find information on how to restore the cameras, i was not able to find anything, I would appreciate if the members here give me some advice.
Thanks in advance.
Regards.
Chewie.
Hi Chewie .. cameras are static or dhcp ip ?

If static, check if new router using a different ip addressing. ( network ip addressing range )

If dhcp reload dhcp on cameras .. most people power cycle cameras here .. you do remember their user and passwords right ?

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for this information, i will be going to my uncles tomorrow and see what the problem is, if I remember correctly the cameras have the dhcp ip address, I will power cyle the cameras and see if they pick-up the new ip, I will let you know.
Regards.
Chewie.

Silas

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I got 'called' to an install that I had been done by another party in the past, I resolved all the issues (mainly the use of wifi extenders for connection of poe units!!) by hard wiring them, took 2 days, all was quiet for over a year and then a msg that all the cameras had stopped working.. Took time out to help, go there, nothing was working, no cameras, no nvr and no network, checked and ASKED what had changed? "Nothing, they just stopped working"
After 2 minutes I deduced an ip range change, from 10... to 192..., Asked who had been working on the network, no one... OH would it be the NEW MODEM/Router we got, because the old one was slow?

!! search for BLOCK that number ASAP on my phone..

ASS-uming everyone has limited knowledge bites

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I got 'called' to an install that I had been done by another party in the past, I resolved all the issues (mainly the use of wifi extenders for connection of poe units!!) by hard wiring them, took 2 days, all was quiet for over a year and then a msg that all the cameras had stopped working.. Took time out to help, go there, nothing was working, no cameras, no nvr and no network, checked and ASKED what had changed? "Nothing, they just stopped working"
After 2 minutes I deduced an ip range change, from 10... to 192..., Asked who had been working on the network, no one... OH would it be the NEW MODEM/Router we got, because the old one was slow?

!! search for BLOCK that number ASAP on my phone..

ASS-uming everyone has limited knowledge bites
Been there on several occasions, got the tee shirt.....and often times, after questioning everyone within a 500 foot radius for 10 minutes and you finally find the issue (without any hints) you mention what you discovered and then you hear, inevitably...."Oh, yeah.....the tech from Yada Yada cable replaced the modem just yesterday. I didn't think that would have anything to do with it so I didn't mention it."

My favorite: "It was running slow so I took a paper clip and stuck it in the "reset" hole on the back of the router......but wouldn't that fix it?"

<me biting my tongue>:banghead:

Reaction score
Hi,

When changing your modem and router, the cameras may need to be reconnected to the new network. Start by checking if they're powered on and within range of the new router's WiFi signal. You may need to reconfigure each camera to connect to the updated network settings. Refer to the camera's manual or manufacturer's website for specific steps on how to reconnect them to a new router.

Jack ;)

MTL4

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My favorite: "It was running slow so I took a paper clip and stuck it in the "reset" hole on the back of the router......but wouldn't that fix it?"

<me biting my tongue>:banghead:
We used to give stuff like that the automatic “PITA” charge……like when you dial 911 because your cat is stuck in a tree.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

When changing your modem and router, the cameras may need to be reconnected to the new network. Start by checking if they're powered on and within range of the new router's WiFi signal. You may need to reconfigure each camera to connect to the updated network settings. Refer to the camera's manual or manufacturer's website for specific steps on how to reconnect them to a new router.

Jack ;)
Hi Jack

What type of cameras are you using ?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
We used to give stuff like that the automatic “PITA” charge……like when you dial 911 because your cat is stuck in a tree.
Yes, I have several clients that rate the "PITA Fee."

To this day my cell goes into "do not disturb" automatically from 9 PM to 7 AM (favorites can get through) because several years ago when I still had my LLC people would call me at 11PM because they couldn't log into Farmville and their crops were dying....:facepalm::banghead: