New Screen capture recording feature.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
So in the update notes on 5.5.7.2 we are now able to record our screen within Blueiris as Ken does here in this video:

Anyone have a clue on HOW to do this ? Would be very useful in explaining issues.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
This is done in camera properties, instead of setting it up as an ip camera, you click on screen capture.
Ok, I have tried that, but must be missing something, as mine will just keep capturing the same screen over and over into infinity. Screenshot 2022-05-14 190545.pngScreenshot 2022-05-14 190655.png

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok, I created a new group with 2 cams. One a normal Ip cam and another the screen capture cam, I'm still not seeing how he made video ?

Screenshot 2022-05-14 191659.png

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
I might need to ask him to make a video on "How to make a video" :lol: It appears in his video he just has the one cam open too ??

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I might need to ask him to make a video on "How to make a video" :lol: It appears in his video he just has the one cam open too ??
Pretty sure he has the screen capture cam hidden.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
But isn't that screen capture cam is what the recording of ? I just thought you would make a video of the screen capture cam, but some part of the puzzle is missing. oh well, might have to sleep on this one :) Thanks for the input though !

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
But isn't that screen capture cam is what the recording of ? I just thought you would make a video of the screen capture cam, but some part of the puzzle is missing. oh well, might have to sleep on this one :) Thanks for the input though !
You are confused. A hidden camera can obviously still record otherwise the function would be pointless. You simply dont see the camera on screen. You can see the camera on the clips list on the top right.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
You are confused. A hidden camera can obviously still record otherwise the function would be pointless. You simply dont see the camera on screen. You can see the camera on the clips list on the top right.
Ok, finally sunk in. You don't need to have the camera hidden, but just start it recording and then click another cam for your video or issue. (I use the dbl click opens single camera option) so it hides the screen capture cam. I'm am confused as what is new here, as the screen capture thing has been around for years.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, finally sunk in. You don't need to have the camera hidden, but just start it recording and then click another cam for your video or issue. (I use the dbl click opens single camera option) so it hides the screen capture cam. I'm am confused as what is new here, as the screen capture thing has been around for years.
The ability to record your cursor is new (it was around on some late 5.5.6.x versions) but its very recent and was officially announced to .7

Last edited:

Michael Graves

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you need to record multiple desktop screens, you can use DeskCamera software. It makes the screen available as an ONVIF stream, just like a normal camera. Home