NEW SD59225U-HNI Latest New Firmware SD-Eos_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V2.812.0000007.0.R.210706

Reaction score
Just upgraded the PTZ1A225U-IRA-N to 2.812.x and looking good thanks Andy, got the 59225 sat on the bench so will do that later.
Did my PTZ1A225U-IRA-N yesterday, and it has been working fine. One of the few updates I have seen lately, that actually works well. THANK YOU ANDY!

toastie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Andy, your now edited first post has an apparent link to dropbox with FW 20210708, though currently it appears to be a link to 210706, that's the same as the title and the same a looney2ns has kindly made available.
Is there a new FW 210708 or was this just a typo?

My as yet still to be installed DH-SD50225U-HNI is on 190827. I don't need AOL or a whole raft of other languages or having a camera to work with a Dahua NVR only BI, and ONVIF with a Hilvision NVR. I probably don't need extra security too.
What I would like to take advantage of is any FW update that might improve auto-tracking or make some other significant improvement to the camera's general performance.
Is it likely that a more recent FW than I'm using likely to deliver any improvement here, and so worth me taking another risk again to update the firmware further? ....I take full responsibility for me messing things up if things go wrong with a FW update.

toastie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I went with this FW upgrade on my DH-SD50225U-HNI, mainly to avoid needing a browser plugin, no problems encountered with the upgrade.
The results, camera works OK with W10+BI with its dual NIC, routers LAN and camera LAN, I also have a Hikvision NVR on my camera LAN.
However, using the Virtual Host feature on the NVR to display the video on an Ubuntu PC with Firefox browser, the picture has small mostly vertical whitish lines that degrade the picture quality.

In comparison the video displayed from my IPC-HDW5231R-ZE Dahual varifocal in a similar way (Virtual Host+Ubuntu PC+Firefox) the picture is satisfactory.
This varifocal camera is on FW 2.800.0000005.0.R Build date 2019-03-25.

Edit 4th Sept 2021: I thought there was an issue with this FW update working with my Hikvision NVR Virtual Host feature, there isn't. When using a Dahua camera, Virtual Host can easily stop working even though still apparently enabled. From IPCT I learnt to untick Virtual Host, save, re-enable Virtual Host, save, then the loggin page for my Dahua camera comes back.

Edit 14th September 2022. This firmware continues to work ok, but using the Virtual Host feature on my Hikvision NVR and accessing the camera's GUI in Ubuntu Firefox I still have thin vertical lines across the Live View. If however I use the Falkon Browser the GUI delivers a clean Live View without any white vertical lines. I don't know why this is.

Last edited:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score

Fum

n3wb
Reaction score
Hola, ¿alguien puede asegurarme que una vez que se carga el nuevo firmware, la copia de seguridad realizada con la versión anterior es compatible? Creo recordar que alguna vez me pasó que los presets no se cargaron al importar el archivo o algunos parámetros no se cargaron.
Gracias

cybermaus

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anyone know if this also works for SD59225UN-HNI instead of SD59225U-HNI

I want to be careful, but this website also directs me to the same firmware even if I enter SD59225UN-HNI
And this brochure shows the difference of the N is it is a NTCS instead of PAL. To be honest, I am in a PAL country anyway, and with it being a IP camera, not a CCTV one, I even wonder what is the difference.

Currently it is working on V2.623.0000000.13.R.E4.2512.3S.NR, Build Date: 2018-12-05
which is OK, but the vehicle tracking is sometimes a rather erratic.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone know if this also works for SD59225UN-HNI instead of SD59225U-HNI

I want to be careful, but this website also directs me to the same firmware even if I enter SD59225UN-HNI
And this brochure shows the difference of the N is it is a NTCS instead of PAL. To be honest, I am in a PAL country anyway, and with it being a IP camera, not a CCTV one, I even wonder what is the difference.

Currently it is working on V2.623.0000000.13.R.E4.2512.3S.NR, Build Date: 2018-12-05
which is OK, but the vehicle tracking is sometimes a rather erratic.
In today's digital world pal versus ntsc makes no difference whatsoever.

cybermaus

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
In today's digital world pal versus ntsc makes no difference whatsoever.
I know right? Which is why I was not worried too much when I could by this "ntsc version" for a bargain. However, whether I can replace the firmware.... I do not want to end up with a brick.
So to repeat the question, anyone know if this firmware also applies to the SD59225UN-HNI

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I'd suggest you contact the vendor you bought it from and ask them. If it's a Chinese region camera with hacked-to-English firmware it may brick it without much doubt.

cybermaus

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'd suggest you contact the vendor you bought it from and ask them. If it's a Chinese region camera with hacked-to-English firmware it may brick it without much doubt.
hmm.. I got it pre-owned. Local equivalent of craigslist. I guess lack of traceability will work against me. Any methods to determine if it is said "hacked-to-english" model?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
You've got me there. I only have experience with authentic English versions from Andy at EmpireTech. I would be very hesitant to try updating the firmware on that camera. I'd hate to end up with an odd shaped brick like that.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Typically, if the exact model number can be found on the Dahua International site, the chances are good, that it is NOT a China Region Cam.
And it does show on the Dahua Website, I've had this same model number for a couple of years now.
If you really want to update the firmware, I would use the firmware from here: Dahua Technology - Leading Video Surveillance Solution Provider with CCTV Products, IP Camera, PTZ, HDCVI products, NVR, Intelligent Building, Intelligent Transportation and Software - Dahua Technology
Before upgrading:
1-Set the camera back to factory defaults.
2-Update firmware, making sure to not lose power during the process.
3-Use a known good cable.
4-Reset back to factory defaults again after the update.
After resetting the cam the IP address will be 192.168.1.108

toastie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
An update, I mounted my DH-SD50225UN-HNI PTZ up today to view the rear garden. It's mostly there to watch wildlife and birds feeding. Yesterday I did briefly go back to FW Stream3_Market_V2.800.0000005.0.R.190827, but this needs a plugin to view video, so updated to what I had before, DH-SD_EOS_Multilang_PN_Stream3_812.0000007.0.R210706. No bother switching the firmwares on this PTZ here.

Good news. Using my Hikvision NVR Virtual Host Dahua PTZ stream in a PC running Ubuntu Mate browsers I can login to to my Dahua camera and get good video, no need for any plugin and this is Linux.
There a bit more. I get "perfect" video in Falkon and SeaMonkey browsers which I hadn't discovered before. I should add that I also use Blueiris too, but it's handy to have a Linux PC able to do camera configurations this way.

What I still have with Firefox is a moderately degraded picture with fine lines going downwards. Strangely though if I temporarily select substream (where nothing is displayed) then switch back to mainstream about 1/5 of the video display on the right is normal, 4/5 are otherwise degraded by the lines. I tried disabling several of the extensions that I use in Firefox but it made no improvement. I normally disable webGL in Firefox, no change though if I re-enabled it. It's no big deal, I can use Falkon and SeaMonkey browsers, I'm just interested to know, why not using Firefox? I suspect more it's my privacy settings I use in Firefox. Any suggestions?

So it's a positive endorsement from me for this FW version.

mazut

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Andy, is changelog available for DH_SD-Eos_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V2.812.0000009.0.R.211011 ?

toastie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Somethings up
On the Dahua web page for my PTZ a SD50225U-HNI, the only firmware now showing available for download is General_SD50XXX-HN_MCU_V2.401.0000000.65.R.200303.
Even the firmware that came with my camera from new was more recent than this firmware. Why would Dahua remove recent firmware? The usual opinion is that having up to date firmware cures older firmware security vulnerabilities.

Last edited: