New Setup Few Questions

mike2246

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 2 Camera's setup and even though I setup the Mask and moved sensitivity up I keep getting alerts for cars that drive by.

when viewing both Camera's why is the top thumbnail slightly wider than the bottom? both camera's are identical and are both set to 1280x720

it saves clips of alerts but then when I try to play them it says unable to open file.

I have clips setup to save to a mapped drive, I can access the folders through windows but BlueIris won't save to it.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You need to show the areas you masked to determine whether you are doing it properly..take a screen shot of your mask
as far as the nas,
"Clips and Archiving Options
The Clip Options window allows you to specify the physical location on your hard drive where clips will be created and stored. You must specify the first three, with default names New, Stored and Alerts. You may specify up to 10 in total. These folders must not be overlapping or "inside" one another. You must retain a name for each folder, but if you will not be using it, you can blank out the path setting.
The Alerts folder is special in that it will contain JPEGs as configured by the option on the Record tab in camera properties and is not used for video recording. The Alerts folder must remain 3rd on the list.
These folders do not need to be located on the same hard drive or PC as the database. Note however, that if you are running Blue Iris as a service, you may not be able to use the "LocalSystem" account if your Stored clips folder is located on a network drive; instead, you must use a named user account, and give that account rights to the network resource."

mike2246

n3wb
Reaction score
why is the one clip slightly wider that the other in the 1st post?

Clips are setup as Z:\New - Z:\Alerts - Z:\Stored
With the 3 corresponding dropdowns all pointed to these folders in options

I'm running BlueIris as a Service, using a standard Owner - Administrator Account not sure if it's "LocalSystem" but changed it anyway - how do I give that user rights to the network resource? didn't know I had to, in windows I can read/write to those path's.
I changed Alerts to C:\Alerts to see if that helps

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
ok,
First, remove the red hotspot...hotspot will trigger motion on the slightest detection...just leave the mask
Second, disable object detect reject, or you will miss motion events
Third, adjust your make time to a maximum or 1 second not 2.3...i use 0.7
Not sure about your permission issue or the size issue...you would need to post screenshots of all your settings for both cameras..is your z drive a NAS?

mike2246

n3wb
Reaction score
my Z:\ is a Server2012 Server with a Shared Drive (Z:) it was setup as Z:\Camera\Alerts Stored New

And I still keep getting the following email, I think because it's not saving. let me know what camera property pages you need and what Options pages you need

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
post the video tab and video>configure tab of both cameras

I am not sure about your issue with the mapped drive...it seems like a permission issue...is there a specific reason you are running BI as a service?

mike2246

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm running as a service so if the PC restarts everything run's without opening the program.

I mapped the Alerts/New/Stored to another folder and now those are saving and playing back.

Pics are attached.

and then a couple more questions about the software if you know.

1. if I set it up to record 24/7 can I still search by motion alerts?
2. Can it be setup if motion there is motion on Porch Cam to start Recording/Alert for Porch and Driveway Cam so I can view both simultaneous?
3. if not does it have synchronized playback of multiple cameras?
3. Does it have any Video Analytics? my last system would tell me if it was Motion - Person - Vehicle
4. Is there a way to determine if recording 24/7 how much space it will take, if space fills can it be set to overwrite the oldest files?
5. FTP Server - If I add an FTP Server what does it backup, is it scheduled or instant?
6. What are examples of Aux1 - Aux7 used for?

Thanks for all your help! Really like BI compared to some of the free ones. and I Tried Milestone but couldn't configure my Camera's with that software.

Mike

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You dont need to run as a service to auto start BI...
This method works for both windows 7 and 8 http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/11949-elevated-program-shortcut-without-uac-prompt-create.html
You can have bi open in full screen after reboot (blue iris options>startup)
1. if I set it up to record 24/7 can I still search by motion alerts? YES
2. Can it be setup if motion there is motion on Porch Cam to start Recording/Alert for Porch and Driveway Cam so I can view both simultaneous? Yes you place the cameras in a group and set to record the group on trigger
3. if not does it have synchronized playback of multiple cameras? YES
3. Does it have any Video Analytics? my last system would tell me if it was Motion - Person - Vehicle. NO
4. Is there a way to determine if recording 24/7 how much space it will take, if space fills can it be set to overwrite the oldest files? Yes if you are recording direct to disk is a simple bitrate calculation..bitrate is the only factor that affects space...there are many online calculators you can use.
5. FTP Server - If I add an FTP Server what does it backup, is it scheduled or instant? not sure - but i believe it backs up after the file is closed so if you have combine and cut setup then it wont be instant...not sure how continuous motion is broken up.
6. What are examples of Aux1 - Aux7 used for?
the best use is to divide cameras between multiple hard drives...so you can record cameras 1-5 to one drive and 5-10 to another. OR if you clone a camera you can write one to NAS and one to local storage.
Not sure about your sizing issue..do you have other cameras displaying? Do you have the layout set to 1:1?