New Setup Questions

Myllerman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Note, some turrets are very solid once secured in place, like the IPC-HDW5231R-Z
Also the non-ePoE version has plenty of metal on the face to help it resist impacts.
Yeah, i meant more like someone spotting the cam and sneaking up to it from a dead angle and spray it with black paint. A dome is harder to know the dead angle as its hard to see where the lens is pointing.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, i meant more like someone spotting the cam and sneaking up to it from a dead angle and spray it with black paint. A dome is harder to know the dead angle as its hard to see where the lens is pointing.
If you have your camera's layed out correctly, there is no "sneaking" up on one without getting a shot of their face.

Myllerman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you have your camera's layed out correctly, there is no "sneaking" up on one without getting a shot of their face.
I agree that two cameras that share the same field of view but different angles would counter this ofc. For now i only have one camera at this location. Would need like 15-cameras to cover all angles of the house, only have 6 cameras atm but i will expand in time.